Sign in to follow this  
Victor Imaginator

LDD multilink hinge problem

I cant figure how to make this linkage in LDD, maybe someone have ideas? Autohinge just stop working after 1 or 2 pins aligned.

Well, it is not a problem, but may look like a problem if one is not that skilled in LDD cos it cannot be done so easily like that.

As I made exactly this kind of things in my latest LDD renders (Blacktron prototype - the base HQ, here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111568 ) I know what I am talking about: - I will make some pictures and show you how to do it later, wait...

Firstly the beams have to be lined up like the two opposite sides of a rectangle. This way the distance between each pair of ball joints to be linked is the same.

For the first link- Place the first link increasing or decreasing the space between the beams to get to the length required for the link to attach to the balls at both ends.

For subsequent links- Attach the next link at one end. When you select this link with the hinge tool, you get three variables you can adjust to rotate three ways. The one on the left rotates along the length of the link (tilting it one way or the other). Don't use this variable. Use the centre variable to move the link so that the unattached end "touches" the ball joint to which you want to attach it. Then use the right hand variable to move the unattached end of the link up or down to so that it clears the ball joint. Then use the centre variable again to rotate the link further so that the cup is in line with the ball (above or below it). Then adjust the right hand variable again so that the link end moves onto the ball.

OK, here it is for you - hope it is "informatic" enough and that it'll help you...have fun! :wink:

20150711_bricksinterconnections.jpg

Edited by bublible

Thanks) Distance between yellow beams is not exact. But aligning rods without pins works perfect. So, my problem solved)

Well done - glad I could help a bit! :wink::thumbup: