DoubleT

Exo Force Summer Sets

Sweet mother of peril!

Well, this year's sets certainly are interesting! The first one looks nice, though I'm sure LEGO could have done a better job than just recycle Hikaru's mech frame. That giant Robot wheel thing is certainly frightening, but it isn't exactly a looker. I really liked the Striking Venom because it had legs, so even if the bridge colapsed, there was a good chance it could grab hold of something and stay alive. With this massive SUV, all the human squad needs to do is to either knock it over from the side or detonate the bridge. Those small robot vehicles don't look so great either, but hey, these are prototypes! The second one is definately a departure from typical Exo-Force sets, especially with the lack of mechs. Looks nice, and I really hope those swords are the more shiny kind rather than just a dull tan colour.

While I don't dig the first two as much, I like the third one. Though it is one massive behemoth of jet engines and guns, they do a pretty good job with it. Even though I'm *still* trying to find out where the arms are, it looks pretty good overall. So much for Hayato lacking a weapons-dominant mech! :-D

Wow.

Ha-Ya-To is supposely gone, left behind at Sentai HQ with his puny Gate Defender...

And he returns with a huge, Gundam-esque, 3-engined mech.This thing would make even a Fire Vulture crap its pants,and seeing as it cant even crap,it proves how awesome this...thing is.

Awesome, a Robot tank with several Devastator fighter ships.

Devastator vessel with twin missiles...the Golden Tower... awesome.

But that thing Ha-Ya-To rides...This proves to me that he will always be my favourite pilot.

It kinda looks like the Micro 2007 frame with a huge jetpack.It looks like it's 4-armed too.Normal,hand arms for holding the jetpack controls, and guns on the jetpack.I SHALL get this one.

If only his cockpit was a bit more... protective. :-/

Some awesome parts in the 3rd one, just look at all those slopes and the large windscreen pieces(in white)

second one with the tower is... bleh... I'm not much into base playsets... nothing too interesting in the flying thing either...

first one is one majorly huge ground vehicle... noplace near what the old Mega Core Magnetizer ever was... but its still nice to see the concept...

I wonder if it has a steering mechanism? naw of course not...

wheels that only a mother could love... no clue how id ever reuse those parts...

that is one sweet pimped out ride that hayato has! too bad for the poor cockpit design. but otherwise that thing is pretty sweet. i also like how TLG is creating smaller vehicles (see the large tank...it has robot flyers all over the place).

and ryo has gone back to orange jumpsuit. that mech is great too! orange and white...nice combo. the only set that looks odd is the second one. mediocre machine, unimpressive building. only thing of interest would the the 4 golden katanas. even the mf is odd. it's not even hikaru. looks like a genki but with dark blue suit.

edit: and ryo's new ride isn't a rehash either. if you look closely enough, you'll see that the thing has claws on the forearms. kinda like the wolverine of mechs.

only downside i can see is the cockpit construction. it's basically like SG and BT without the side cover. pretty crappy.

Holy Cow!!

That robot tank looks sweet as does the tower thingy but the third one looks a bit weird.

But anyhow I'll proably get all of them.

Oh and any word on the prices?

Thanks

Ha-Ya-To finally gets his revenge.

The most awesome human battlemachine to date IMO.

I'm not quite sure what to think of the robot tank though. It looks somewhat thrown together compared to the MDT.

I'll wait more more pictures before judging.

But what a great find. Thanks DoubleT...

that just ROX MY SOX! Ha-ya-to's mech looks like it can blow up the human side of the mountain just by breathing on it. Is it just me or is exo force 2007 using a lot of blunt shooters. :'-) Is it just me or is it the OLD Ryo in the flying mech?

These look great. I'm interested in every single one. Here's my guess on the prices, they seem similar to the Exo Force sets of Summer 2006.

Hayato's Mech - $19.99 - $29.99

Golden Tower - $39.99 - $49.99

Robot Tank - $79.99 - $99.99

Robot Tank looks like it's made to store a crapload of stuff, even Mechs. However, the Mech that comes with is has a nice color scheme.

Hey, a building in Exo-Force? UNHEARD OF!

KMOI, I don't think there are bridges in this storyline, so that tank can just keep on rolling.

That last Mech... can anyone say, "Topheavy?" However, it looks like he'll be saving the day with his two-toned mech from hell.

That's all I've got.

It looks like Hayato could detach that engine from his mecha.... nice. *y*

Anyone else notice the red gate on the tower? I hope that's just part of the box art, otherwise, :hate: ...

Suppose the mecha aren't that bad, but why does the blue one need triple-hovercraft-engine action?

man, the last one's idea...its...its....just amazing I love the jet pack Idea!

and did anyone notice the machine gun links going to the hands...reminds me of the third matrix! ;-)

The gat to the tower would be O.K....but the rest of the tower looks great!

anyone notice ha-ya-to's vehicle look's a lot like a gundam...supisios...anyone watching gundam over in netherland's :-D J.K.

All I have to say about the armoured vehicle is O.K. the mech in the pic. upper-righthand corner look's nice though! ;-)

SWEET MOTHER OF- never mind. :-D

Dang, these sets are cookin'!

First is the robot vehicle(FYI, it is not a tank. Tanks have treads)

I'm getting this baby for sure. With it's huge wheels, the turret( Meca One operates it by the way. That's a good thing, by the way. Meca One deserves to shoot, not operate his huge vehicles.), the flanking air vehicles, the infantrys, and of course Ryo's mech, this is one hell of a set. Ryo's design is very original, and I love that it has huge Ehlek claws, a missle launcher, and two small missles as well. Plus the fact that this is Ryo's first flying mech just makes this set rock.

Golden Tower: I think that this set and Ha-Ya-To's pimped up Cyclone Defender are NOT summer sets. The Golden Tower must be about 300 pieces and Ha-Ya-To's is probably 200-250. Anyways, the Golden Tower is alright with nothing too special about it, but I think the flying mech is way COOL! I'm sort of mad that they didnt give Hikaru a small mech with this set, but that is that. I mean come on! How is he gonna beat a smaller but sweeter Sonic Phantom with katana blades? Anyways,I'll get this set too.

Ha-Ya-To's- This mech is wicked! It is basically a blue Cyclone Defender with a huge jetpack, and it makes up for Ha-Ya-To's past crappy mechs. This beauty has seven laser cannons, a fir ing missle, three rockets and three jets, and a bunch of wings. Definately getting it.

TT, what are the names of these sets? Do you know when they are released, because the last two seem like they are before sumer, like the Sonic Phantom and Gate Assault. THx.

Wait, how did I miss that the Gold City set has GOLDEN katanas? The gold accessories are the only real reason to pick the set up anyway ;-) The last set looks nice too, but eh...that cockpit is just pathetic :-X :-X

Now all I need is a white katana :'-)

You guys, when you say Ha-Ya-To's cockpit is bad, you are saying the same about the Cyclone Defender's. Ha-Ya-To's mech is basically a Cyclone Defender that is blue and has a jetpack. Same cockpit, same legs, same everything. I really wish that we knew the names.

It sounds ridiculous to me *wacko*

1.Ryo mech can fly 8-| with orange colour? And Ryo job is a technicians~!

Alright, there are 3 members for flight battle`!

2.Ha-ya-to mech is blue? Isn't it the colour of Hiraku? His mech should come with red and white colour~!

How is he gonna beat a smaller but sweeter Sonic Phantom with katana blades?

They're probably magical or technological advanced Katana blades, because it seems to be able to block the laser.Imagine a comic with Hikaru fighting against an army of 20 Iron Condors...And he beating them all with his magical Katana.

Awesome,no? ;-)

Keep looking on the 3 exo-force, I notice that the core part of the Robot Big Car is similar to the mobile base of Alpha Team in 2004 8-|

Oh boy, and I was thinking of never buying another Exo set :-| :-P

I totally dislike all those mechs BUT I do love that kind of asian temple *wub* This will do well somwhere in my future town hehe ;-)

*yoda*