Sign in to follow this  
Ninjabuilder

LEGO Minifigure Display Case or Stand

Having only started collecting LEGO minifigures about 18 months ago. I have about 200 so far. I do not know exactly how many because they are all over the place. I have tried making up stands like the excellent design by Splat http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56557 but in the end it worked out increasingly expensive as the 4x1x1 Brick W Bow became more and more elusive.

So I'm interested in what many of you members are using to display your collection. I know the IKEA Ribba frame is popular but it doesn't allow you easy access to the figures and not expandable. I got a couple of the official LEGO minifigure display cases but even they are now discontinued. I recently saw the case below online but the only place I found available in the UK is from Smyths Toys: http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-827/lego-classic/p-11769/lego-large-minifigure-display-case/ But at £30 each for the large one, it seems very expensive. Has anyone here got one? Is it stackable with the original LEGO minifigure case? I like it because it will minimise the dreaded dust problem.LEGO-Lifestyle-image15_2015_zps7v33nylc.jpg

I have 2 customed made frame with 9 shelves, each one holding 16 minfigures. They are very slim and efficient.

I'd love to see it. Is there an image online of it?

I would look more - there's at least two large threads with ideas (including the one you linked to); in that thread, here's my version... no need for:

6081.gif

And many of the ideas fit neatly into the Container Store displays. Scan through those threads, there's a lot of great ideas there. Anything with a LEGO logo on (made by LEGO or licensed) are just too expensive, IMO, and you never know when they'll be discontinued.

The displays like the one you linked to (and like mine) have the greatest density for displaying a LOT of figures in a minimal amount of space.

The following link will take you to an old thread has many ideas on displaying minifigures. The linked post is what I currently use:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53523&st=25#entry1401940

I recently needed more of the cases but the vendor's website was offline. I still had their email and found out that they took down the website to focus on local sales (vendor is canada), but I managed to still buy some cases. TIP: once you find a case solution you like, be sure to get enough to last you for the duration of your current obsession, because you never know when the vendor or product will go off the market. Back in 2012, I had no idea Lego was going to pump out more series per year and get so many new licenses. This year alone I'm going to be flooded with figures from Lego Dimensions, Scooby Doo, and Minecraft.