lightningtiger

MOC/MOD - Council Truck

New Mannum needs some council vehicles so to start a tool/tipper truck....it's a bit of a w-i-p. :wink:

council_truck_99.jpg

More to come....so keep watching everyone ! :classic:

I like the design LT, but it would probably work better with less colours. I know that might be hard with available parts.

All white front would look ok. A yellow front might work too, to go in with the yellow under the tipper.

Nice truck ''lightingtiger'', it looks like the garbage truck (the cabin I mean).

I usually build rearview mirrors from the top of the cabin but the way you built looks very nice.

You gave me the idea now about that rearview mirrors, so I will borrow this if you don't mind :)

Thanks, it's based around the garbage truck from this year.....I was thinking of discarding the yellow for dark bluey grey instead.

My council's colours is white and green so they'll stay for the moment......I'll update a.s.a.p. keep watching ! :classic:

Okay, so white does look better.....

0_council_truck_82.jpg

0_council_truck_80.jpg

I like it this way now, changed the side holds to indicator lights instead....looks more realistic ? :wink:

Comments still very welcome.....keep watching road roller is next. :wink:

It looks nice, I'd probably say a standard type day cab or a crew cab would be more prototypical if such things are a concern to you.

It looks great.

Only thing to ask... what is ''council''?

Is it something like ''board'', ''committee'' ? And if yes, why?

I'm only courious... :)

It looks great.

Only thing to ask... what is ''council''?

Is it something like ''board'', ''committee'' ? And if yes, why?

I'm only courious... :)

A council is a local government division in Australia that is responsible for local issues such as garbage disposal, road and local park maintenance.

MM

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm happy with the white duco now and the cab shape as well.....I must conserve cash really at the moment....wife's 40th comes first....then back to Lego....well sort of ! :wink:

Looks great!

I like the previous cabin because it looks like utility truck, now looks as let me say ''regular'' truck.

But anyway, it looks great.

Just to add some sticker as sign in the front.

You are the man!!!

Looks great!

I like the previous cabin because it looks like utility truck, now looks as let me say ''regular'' truck.

But anyway, it looks great.

Just to add some sticker as sign in the front.

You are the man!!!

Thanks 'monsinjor', and yeah stickers......hmm, I'll have to work out which brand of truck it looks the most like and logo it that brand I guess. :classic:

My only problem is I need to buy replacement recycle and tipper truck sets now to replace them in my city collection.....oop's ! :blush::rofl:

I do like the second CoE look much better lt. Looks like it'll navigate through your streets better without taking out another car during a sharp right left turn. Almost forgot what side you drive on in New Mannum :grin::classic:

I do like the second CoE look much better lt. Looks like it'll navigate through your streets better without taking out another car during a sharp right left turn. Almost forgot what side you drive on in New Mannum :grin::classic:

Yeah, yeah everyone this one I really like the best and looks more realistic.....thanks for the comments 'LEGO Guy Bri'.......yep, keep left when down under ! :laugh:

Trying to design a road roller right now.....not easy but I'll get there....keep watching ! :classic:

Thanks 'TDG', I still have to trim with the Isuzu badging yet.....hopefully tomorrow ! :wink:

Oh, and Big Brother said hello! :rofl:

Since I was working on a trailer for the skid loader (see I got it right for a change :rofl: ) I decided to add a removable tool chest inside the tool storage unit on the truck.

0_council_truck_59.jpg

Check out the skip (skid) loader topic for the trailer image.

Keep watching everything of mine everyone ! :wink:

LT, you are everywhere! I like the truck a lot, I can see the inspiration from the new garbage truck. I'd love to MOC mine a little and make some sort of dump truck but my son won't let me (I'm 26 and my 4 year old bosses me around...ahh parenting). Anyway the addition of the tool chest looks wonderful. I'll check out the trailer in the other topic.

Thanks for the feedback......and my suggestion buy another dump truck set then modify or MOC something ! :wink:

Once I fix the trailer I'll post more pictures and cross-link them. :classic: