Sign in to follow this  
theDeanoRama

Hello, howdy, holla and aloha

Hi Folks,

I'm elevating my standing from lurker to poster. We live in Burnaby, BC, Canada ... for those not familiar just think Vancouver (close enough). I've been doing the lego thing since I was a wee lad (40ish years ago) and have been trying to get a little more creative and develop my skills these last couple of years. I'm now even more motivated in that direction since my son has started showing more interest in building with me rather than 'playing' (read as disassembling) with what I build for either myself or for him.

My interests primarily lay in Sci-Fi themes but I also like vehicles (contemporary and vintage) as well as aircraft. I'm open to pretty much any scale, though the really big stuff will probably exist only as LDD files due to a lack of space .... this probably explains my recent attraction to mini scale models. My wife also enjoys lego and is more into village and buildings in the creator line (she doesn't scratch build yet but does like to do the kits). My son's interests seem to sit with Ninjago and anything that gets him an interesting minifig (he's 9 so I think thats pretty age appropriate at this stage). All in all we are a very legocentric family and even made a journey down south to Legoland Carlsbad this past spring and Yay! for a lego store opening up locally this past year :)

I'm still feeling my way around digital designer though I'm getting the hang of that I think - I've recently finished a modification to the truck from the Winter Village Post Office set as well as a micro F-14 moc, I'll post both of these once I figure out the right forums. I've also just installed LDraw .... that one crossed my eyes and I'm thinking there is a steep learning curve to this one that will keep my nights occupied for months to come 0.o

Thats pretty much me (and my family) in an itty bitty intro type nutshell, see you out there :)

D.