gambort

MOC: Western Train with instructions

traintech1.jpg

3112381253_2b4975986e.jpg

The Brickster's latest post reminded me that people here might be interested in a project I did last Christmas. It's a Western style train with different carriages and instructions for all sections. It was a kind of Christmas present to trainheads.

3121937492_62193abb72.jpg

You can also change the colours :)

Anyway, hope you like it.

Tim

Edited by TheBrickster

Nice :thumbup:

It wonders me a bit what kind of instructions are included, because it seems it is completely pre build.

Wehere I am not seem to like the loco enough (maybe bacuse of the used colors and style of it) I do like the big passenger wagon and also the cargo wagon.

Do you ahve any more pics of it that you can share, your flickr didn't reveal the details that I was looking for.

I wish I would have been one of those trainheads :cry_sad:

Yeah, saw those pictures. I was just wondering of there are more detailed pictures of the passenger and cargo wagon.

What I mean with my question is the following. In the box you show the train in a built state. Does it mean that when the gift was presented, it came broken down and the people who got it had to build it from the instructions ? Then it is clear :)

I've never actually built the train. That's just computer graphics. Making it look nice for the crowd :)

Tim

I've never actually built the train. That's just computer graphics. Making it look nice for the crowd :)

Tim

I believe aawsum is only speaking hypothetically. As the picture you posted shows the train ready built in a nice box... why would one need instructions? Or, would the train be given in bits require instructions and the box designed in such a way that it could also be used to store the completed set (like in the picture).

I am assuming that your concept is to give the completed train as a present with the instructions being there incase it breaks or because one might take it apart and want to rebuild it. The set looks fantastic! :thumbup:

I also checked out your Flickr post and left a comment. I would love to see more pics of the blue white loco too!

EDIT 3 hours later: As it happens the BR50 you see in my Avatar is going to be a Christmas present for friends of mine and your box gave me a fantastic idea as the train will only be used occasionally and needs to be stored somewhere. That only occured to me just now! :laugh:

Edited by missouri_bb63

Yeah, saw those pictures. I was just wondering of there are more detailed pictures of the passenger and cargo wagon.

What I mean with my question is the following. In the box you show the train in a built state. Does it mean that when the gift was presented, it came broken down and the people who got it had to build it from the instructions ? Then it is clear :)

Just in case you have overlooked them, if you go to this page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gambort/31123...57611206516332/

you will find links to pdf and mpd files of the instructions which should give you all the details you want.

Gambort: It's great to have you join us here at EB Train Tech. I had blogged your "Box Train" back in December after seeing it for the first time. I don't know if I'm more impressed with the box or the train itself. I love your creation, esp. the caboose. As a huge fan of the Wild West, I always though a steam train was missing from the theme. This would make a fabulous addition to the theme, more-or-less "finishing off" the theme perfectly. How did you create the box? Is it simpler than it looks?

Excellent creation - thanks for sharing, and again, it's great to have you here on Train Tech. :classic:

EDIT: please take a moment, and share your train interest in our Train Tech Registry.

Thanks everyone. The presentation is just an amusing bit of fun. I never really thought too much about it :)

How did you create the box? Is it simpler than it looks?

The box is a bit simpler than it looks in that the textures are fairly standard but it was still quite a bit of work. Was fun though.

EDIT: please take a moment, and share your train interest in our Train Tech Registry.

Already did :)

Edited by gambort