Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

CIS Droid Carrier.

indexed.gif

Well, gentlemen, here's my next Star Wars creation. ) :classic:

I really liked the old droid battle-pack. But what I hated about it was the color. It had that Trade Federation dark gray and brown color scheme, that didn't impress me at all. ) :classic:

Then came the current battle-pack, which has Confederacy colors, but does not have normal battle droids or design.... )

So after opening both sets and mixing the bricks I started building this. ) I guess, it looks fairly good and is quite CIS-like. ) Especially, near AAT! ) :sweet:

General views:

p1010016.jpg

p1010017.jpg

Side views:

p1010018.jpg

p1010019.jpg

With SBD:

p1010020.jpg

*Roger, roger*:

p1010021.jpg

Any comments, ladies and gentlemen? ) :sweet:

P.S.

Why three battle-packs? :classic: Well, the light blue bricks were borrowed from Imperial battle-packs, in fact. ) But that doesn't matter, does it? )

It has much more appeal now :wink: . I would have bought that when it was in stores. It just looks better then gray :grin:

Great job! I think I'll take off your idea. :tongue: I think it could be changed to fit a few more droids though.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Great Droid Carrier - I'll surely put this in the Index..along with the other I've recently promised to add..

I'll get to that after the 1st Episode of the Minifig Index. :cry_sad:

Thanks for sharing Penguin :thumbup:

It has much more appeal now :wink: . I would have bought that when it was in stores. It just looks better then gray :grin:

Thank you! ) :classic:

Yes, indeed. ) That's the battle pack we really wanted for current CW line. ) Say, CIS Droid Carrier, new droideka, two (three) battle droids, two SBD with new arms! ) :sweet:

That looks very nice! :thumbup:

Is it possible to do it with just one Assasin Droid BP?

Thanks a lot! ) :classic:

Yes, you need 1 old BP, 1 new BP, and you can always use an imp. BP, but it's optional. ) :classic:

Great job! I think I'll take off your idea. :tongue: I think it could be changed to fit a few more droids though.

First, I did build a larger version of it, giving more space for SBDs, but I really didn't like that way. ) Plus to that, I've already upgraded 3 of my old Droid Carriers, and I assure you that they look better in smaller version. ) :classic: But I'd lke to see you version, please, share it with us! ) :thumbup:

Great Droid Carrier - I'll surely put this in the Index..along with the other I've recently promised to add..

I'll get to that after the 1st Episode of the Minifig Index. :cry_sad:

Thanks for sharing Penguin :thumbup:

Thank you! ) :classic:

Soon, I'll post more old sets "upgrades". ) Still waiting for my BrickLink order! ) :tongue:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I had the same Idea :tongue:

I intend to make it. but keep my droid carrier alive, so I'll replace the large bley cone peice with a blue one.

Edited by dannylonglegs

WOW this is really nice! well done Penguin :thumbup: .

I like it better then the original one, i also was getting alittle bored with the original aswell :blush: so it's time for a change! "off with the old and on with the new" :laugh::thumbup:

BTW the blue BD looks perfect in the cockpit thingy, the plain one was just stupid.

what about now doing alittle MOD to the cockpit ehh :wink: i think maybe some controls would be nice but thats just me :tongue:

well done though

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

wow great job! I really your CIS ships. You have got the colours spot on which really makes the carrier so awesome. I agree that the grey and brown was so boring.

Thank you, gentlemen! ) Though, I must say, I'm a bit surprised that this old creation of mine arose again. ) :classic:

I had the same Idea :tongue:

I intend to make it. but keep my droid carrier alive, so I'll replace the large bley cone peice with a blue one.

I see. good idea! ) :thumbup:

WOW this is really nice! well done Penguin :thumbup: .

I like it better then the original one, i also was getting alittle bored with the original aswell :blush: so it's time for a change! "off with the old and on with the new" :laugh::thumbup:

BTW the blue BD looks perfect in the cockpit thingy, the plain one was just stupid.

what about now doing alittle MOD to the cockpit ehh :wink: i think maybe some controls would be nice but thats just me :tongue:

well done though

CommanderFox

Thank you, CommanderFox! )

Yes, I might try that. ) Though I've already re-desighned that vehicle, so I think I'll show you the new pics soon. ) :classic:

wow great job! I really your CIS ships. You have got the colours spot on which really makes the carrier so awesome. I agree that the grey and brown was so boring.

Thank you very much! ) :sweet: I hope you'll like my MkII. ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet: