Sign in to follow this  
Ikki o' Moopyville

Troll's Attackship

Posted this in the Castle 2008 topic, but not sure it needs a topic of its own, or if it was already spotted... so closed if needed!

7048.jpg

EDIT: Attackship, not attackhip! :-P

EDIT by *yoda* : pic added and title corrected ;-)

-Ikk

Edited by xwingyoda

The hull looks useful.... is it a new shape/proportion? I think I see a front, two midsections, and a back. It could be used for other types of ships, and the rown colour is good too (although a real brown would have been better).

It seems much better than the current Skeleton Ship attack.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot:

Excellent.....

Great find, but I can't say I like it. :-(

EDIT: And since WHEN do kinghts fly dragons!? Too bad. This set seemed promising.

Edited by SirNadroj

The hull looks useful.... is it a new shape/proportion? I think I see a front, two midsections, and a back. It could be used for other types of ships, and the rown colour is good too (although a real brown would have been better).

The hull is not new, it came out with the viking long boat and reused in black in the skellie ship !!

I truly *wub* that set !!

*yoda*

yup....a great set indeed. i think it's going to price in the range of $50, in line with the viking ship. it's about the same size too. anyone knows what that fugly thing on the orcs' heads are? at first glance they look like really cheap wigs. i still don't know what they are...

but other than that, everything looks fine. except as nadroj said, it could be better if the knight was riding a pegasus or griffin, but meh. :-/

they have scaled down the shooter tremendously. the viking shooters were gigantic. it's now more mf scale. so that's *y*

i hope they change the orc's helmet to somewhat close to the troll's helmet since the pic seems to be pre-release version. ugh...it's like a bad wig. seriously.

*wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub*

I AM IN LOVE!

This set has everything! I am even starting to like that big troll now that it is green! :-)

Awesome to see the knights are returning too. The minitrolls look cool and have good faces, I love the bulldog teeth! *wub*

The boat itself is just as good, being longer and less tall than the skeleton ship, which is a good thing!

The sails are pretty nice, less corny than the skeleton ship ones.

Overall: Can't Wait! :'-)

Up and Atom

WOOO HOOO!!! Good gawd thats a great new set!!

So 6 goblins who have viking torso's, thats cool as they work. Gotta love that troll on the drums X-D , they look alot betterin this pic than the mining one.

Plus more vikings too!!! Hmmm gonna have to study this fantastic new pic *wub*

WOW!!! That is one hell of a stunning set X-O !! TLC is really turning up the heat with all these great sets this year and whats coming next year!!

Well, the only thing I really like, come to think of it, are the troll MINIFIGURES. I could do without the big, stupid looking one. ;-) I only hope the viking torsos are preliminary. :-/

The hull is not new, it came out with the viking long boat and reused in black in the skellie ship !!

I truly *wub* that set !!

*yoda*

Yes, indeed, I recognize it looks like the one in the Viking Longboat. But the one in the skellie ship?

EDIT:

YEP.... quite right. Same as in skeleton ship. Goes to show how poorly I have kept up with this year's Castle sets.

Excellent.... (well, not really).

Is that a new dark brown I can see? Trolls look like they've raided a wig shop, but overall I like it. *sweet*

Oh I 've just spotted a poor dwarf up in the cage too.

Edited by Kernow

So 6 goblins who have viking torso's, thats cool as they work.

Are they the exact same ? They do look different to me - the blade looks different ;-)

Anyhow, these are cool !!

Like you mate I need to focus on the pic to see cool details :-P

*yoda*

Well, as far as likes go: I really like the troll faction shields, the royal minifig is good as usual, and the boat looks pretty realistic. As far as dislikes: those swords are way too big, two plain mini-boats don't really add much IMO, wigs, and do we need yet another contraption for firing objects? Now that I think about it I don't like other aspects of the set either (e.g. I would rather have basic parts than getting a dragon in every set), though I guess a lot of my dislikes are in there to please the young Lego enthusiasts.

Edited by Paradosis

Well, as far as likes go: I really like the troll faction shields, the royal minifig is good as usual, and the boat looks pretty realistic. As far as dislikes: those swords are way too big, two plain mini-boats don't really add much IMO, and do we need yet another contraption for firing objects?

Really, I really like the new swords! And for me, miniboats are always welcome! :-)

But thats just my opinion.

I agree that the boat looks realistic, I can see MOCers in the future making a Viking boat out of it ;-)

The sheilds ans sail are sweet, theatrical but not corny like the skellies! :-)

I think that some of the best news is that we are still getting the crownies!

I assume that this means we will gain more skellies too, which IMO is a great choice of the designers.

I am one of the few who like the Orc, I hated the dragon from the castle and skeleton tower, but this guy is way smaller than them and seems necessary.

Up and Atom! :-)

EDIT: And thanks for the pic Ikki!

Edited by Batbrick

yeah, i think the swords are too big too. should scale down to the size of the katana or the classic sword. please no zword (KK2 swords) size swords. the skeleton version is also too long, imo. *skull* *sing*

any word yet on the wig? :-P not sure how useful they will be for mocs. they should have sticked with either the samurai helmet or the dragon knight helmet.

Er... X-O ...that's awesome. I really love it. Can I have one now please? Thanks!

Thanks for finding this. It made my day! *wub* *wub* *wub*

Is that a new cage door i see on the centre cell?? I don't recall seeing that before.

It totally is!!

Finally a mini-fig size cage door instead of the recycled Fabuland ones! *wub* I love new molds!

Good eye Vader!

I perused for details, but only came up with-the troll is playing a drum- :-D

We get a nice closeup of the club, too! I like it a LOT!! *wub*

Is that a new cage door i see on the centre cell?? I don't recall seeing that before.

Yeay nice spotting !! I don't think I ever saw that door, looks new to me as well !! The potter sets used door with keyholes but the doors were round on top.

Its really hard to see the dwarf up there !! Dang, I want better pics of that much anticipated fig ;-)

*yoda*

Not sure if I like the new troll/goblin faction. They seem to be lacking the magic of the other factions and I'm not sure why. I think it might be the weapons?

Ship looks like a half-rate reworking of the Viking Ship, complete with the prison cage and stupid ballista thing.

I'll have to see it up close in the store before I make a full judgment.

Steve

I wonder what piece makes up that net cage, besides the net.

This is good set...but I want pirates...but it's still a cool looking set. Those sails are really neat though, I wonder if they'll make a junk if they ever do a pirate line with these type of sails.

:-) .

Looking more closely at the pic, it seems the mast are mounted on the wrong side *wacko*

The strait part is on front and the nicer round part in the back. Why is that ?

Not that it really matters but its fun to spot ;-)

*yoda*

Not sure if I like the new troll/goblin faction. They seem to be lacking the magic of the other factions and I'm not sure why. I think it might be the weapons?

Steve

it's the wig i tell ya. it didn't work for donald trump and it sure didn't work for the orcs. :-P

The potter sets used door with keyholes but the doors were round on top.

:-D those were also wood... :-P