Sign in to follow this  
prateek

Imperial Patroller

[pid][/pid] 7c

Here we go. Another LDD ship. This time, I made a small patrol ship for the Red Coats. (I don't make Blue Coat ships on LDD because their torsos are just white, so it looks weird without any printing :pir-grin: ) Instead of big pieces, I used SNOT with this piece to make the curve. It looks really nice, and I like how it turned out. Here it is:

lddscreenshot7.png

lddscreenshot8.png

The cannon rotates. I used a bat for the figurehead.

lddscreenshot9.png

Poop deck. I used skeleton legs for the railings.

lddscreenshot10.png

As you can see, when compared to my Gunship, it is really small.

I suggest you download the LXF File to see how I made it. All the parts are available on BrickLink so go ahead and make it for real. I know I'm not :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for looking. C&C please! :pir-sweet:

I like the skeleton leg-fence on the poop deck, and the figurehead :pir-classic:

The hull is also well done (but the bow is a bit strange and angular).

Nice job overall.

These are some exceptional ships! Especially the small one is really appealing to me. The sail and all it's details are very nice.

The gunship (makes me think of an AC-130 aircraft somehow) looks great too, but there is room for improvements. I would remove the lower yardams and lower the middle yardams. Secondly I would change the bow too, it should be a bit higher.

Furthermore, it are some epic ships you've got there. I can't make that on the pc. :thumbup:

Thanks you two. :pir-classic:

These are some exceptional ships! Especially the small one is really appealing to me. The sail and all it's details are very nice.

The gunship (makes me think of an AC-130 aircraft somehow) looks great too, but there is room for improvements. I would remove the lower yardams and lower the middle yardams. Secondly I would change the bow too, it should be a bit higher.

Furthermore, it are some epic ships you've got there. I can't make that on the pc. :thumbup:

Here is my gunship topic if you want to see it close up :pir-blush:

I really like the hull design, I don't think I've seen that before.

Thanks. I got the idea when I saw a boat on BS. I thought it used this technique, but I was wrong, so it seems 'i just invented a new one :pir-tongue:

lddscreenshot8.png

Like this?

Now I missed this one.......Great boat design 'prateek', it would be so cool if it was brickbuilt now !

Keep on.......sailing ! :pir-sweet:

Poop deck. I used skeleton legs for the railings.

Its a good solution. Lego used those legs with hammers for the top railing on Green Grocer. I really like your railing design across the rest of the ship.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Now I missed this one.......Great boat design 'prateek', it would be so cool if it was brickbuilt now !

Keep on.......sailing ! :pir-sweet:

Ahh, this makes me remember a vital question....

Any plans to build this from real bricks?

Thanks to everyone that had a look-see and posted :pir-blush:

Ahh, this makes me remember a vital question....

Any plans to build this from real bricks?

I suggest you download the LXF File to see how I made it. All the parts are available on BrickLink so go ahead and make it for real. I know I'm not :pir_laugh2:

I would if I had money to buy Lego, but this is all I can do right now; virtually. I guess I might when I have money to blow. Anyone's welcome to go ahead and make it if they want, because I'm pretty sure a lot of people here have these pieces in sufficient quantity lying around. :pir-sweet::pir-sad2:

Edited by prateek

Totally understandable, it looks expensive.

I look forward to seeing more ldd designs of yours.

Keep it Pirate.

Totally understandable, it looks expensive.

I look forward to seeing more ldd designs of yours.

Keep it Pirate.

It's not that expensive actually. Probably around $15-$20 on BL according to my (not so good) estimation skills. It's only 406 pieces. And don't worry, I'll make more LDD MOCs. I have one ready to go, but it's not necessarily Pirates :pir_laugh2:

Edited by prateek

It's not that expensive actually. Probably around $10-$15 on BL according to my (not so good) estimation skills. It's only 350 pieces. And don't worry, I'll make more LDD MOCs. I have one ready to go, but it's not necessarily Pirates pir_laugh2.gif

I was getting confused, I was saying the bigger one is expensive looking. My bad.

I was getting confused, I was saying the bigger one is expensive looking. My bad.

Oh, okay :pir-tongue:

As I said in the topic for the big ship, it's not possible to build it in real life since half the pieces don't exist in those colours :pir-grin:

Myself being an ok LDD creator, I have to say, you really made a nice ship using LDD. The use if redcoats is very nice. I actually did not know that you can use redcoats in LDD, when did this happen?

Good Job Mate! :pir-laugh:

Myself being an ok LDD creator, I have to say, you really made a nice ship using LDD. The use if redcoats is very nice. I actually did not know that you can use redcoats in LDD, when did this happen?

Good Job Mate! :pir-laugh:

Thanks. As a matter of fact, Red Coats don't exist in LDD. You could say they are customs. :pir-tongue: (They are made on LU mode :pir-wink: )

Sail=genius!!!

That's the most basic part of the whole ship! Thanks for the compliment though :pir-grin: