Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Seven

Players only please!

01.jpg

A dark figure approached Helen in the village square and waved hello.

"You!" Helen cried, "I knew it was you who framed me! How did you do it?"

"Pffft." Replied the dark figure, "I'm not saying. But, you were right, I find it hilarious!"

02.jpg

"I’m so angry I refuse to utter your name for it would taint my innocent towniest townie tongue! But you know who you are. I won’t forget this!!"

"I can't wait to see you get eaten!" The dark figure laughed, "I'm going to take a picture and hang it above my fireplace in a nice frame."

03.jpg

"Where is everybody?" Helen cried. "Wake up, people! Wake up! I'm innocent!"

04.jpg

But, the demon creature was the first to come to her aid...and it wasn't really there to help her...it wanted her soul...you get the picture.

"Crap balls." Helen swore, "Get making my statue, you megablocking morons!"

05.jpg

The demon creature took a great big bite of Helen and extracted her soul...

06.jpg

...while the dark figure danced around bathing itself in Helen's blood.

"OK, I'm even creeping myself out," it remarked.

And that was the end of Helen Hippo...again.

07.jpg

In the morning there was a gruesome sight to see in the village square. The Demon Legion had stacked up Helen's remains in a mockery of an honorary statue.

08.jpg

"We have suffered a terrible loss!" Marcellus the Monk cried, "Helen Hippo was a loyal member of The Village!"

The Villagers were very upset at this news. They had made a grave mistake!

"However, Evil brings men together!" Marcellus the Monk shouted, quoting Aristotle, "We know not how The Demon Legion achieved this great deception, but we will stand strong together and defeat them! Even greater deception could wait for us around each corner. We must be ever vigilant! We are the masters of our souls and good will prevail!"

The crowd gave out a great cheer and everybody felt better. Their spirits were lifted even higher when a quick search found no more dead bodies from the night's activities! However, were they all accounted for?...

Day Seven has begun. Voting is not allowed in the first 24 hours.

Objective

The Villagers must find and eliminate all members of The Demon Legion. The Demon Legion wins when they outnumber the innocent Villagers.

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Demon Legion. To win the game, the Village must kill off all the Demon Legion, while the Demon Legion needs to outnumber the Village. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You are only allowed one un-vote a day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, as well as those that died during the night.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. It is very important in this game to not discuss anything with dead players. I will only say this once. Don’t screw yourself over by revealing anything to a player who seems to have been removed from the game. Get it? :wink:

8. You may not edit your posts. 1st offense: penalty vote, 2nd offense: The untimely death of your character and the end of your game. No chance for resurrection.

9. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be comically killed off.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. It is recommended that you turn off your profile views for this game.

Players

becka.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician

played by Rick

booker.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man

played by Dragonator

bruno.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker

played by Scouts

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

cara.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor

played by badboytje88

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

gabby.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator

played by Ricecracker

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

horace.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith

played by iamded

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator

played by Lord Arjay

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant

played by professor flitwick

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

The Deceased

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher - The Village - died mysteriously on Day 4.

played by TinyPiesRUs

felix_dead.jpgtree_stump_dead.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer - Demon Legion - murdered on Night 3 and convicted on Day 4.

played by Shadows

benji_dead.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Walter Kovacs

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Eskallon

sheldon_dead.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 5.

played by Quarryman

kenda_dead.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker - Village - murdered on Night 5.

played by I Scream Clone

helen_dead.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook - The Village - convicted on Day 6.

played by def

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star def:

def is a relative n00b at these games, having only played for a year or so, but joined a second non-LEGO website to play more and more games. A variety of new mafia experiences gave him the balls to run Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum, a somewhat divisive mafia game. He is better at playing town, but his only wins (off EB) were as scum. Borderline.

Noooooooo.... :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

I am seriously overwhelmed with guilt... I can't believe I distrust you and went for the investigation results instead, where in fact, you were actually framed... So, there is a megablocking framer among us, messing with the investigation results, which was provided to Booker..

At the very least, there were no other killings or the presence of the arsonist. Did we manage to do something right last night?

I need a quiet moment and pray for Helen... For I, have made an extremely terrible mistake and convicting a very kind hearted hippo... :cry_sad:

Well... our towniest of towns has certainly seen better days... poor Helen. Is someone going to move her to a more dignified manner? :look: I look forward to hearing what Booker has to say about this.

Crap... :sceptic:

Booker's gone and I don't see him anywhere. Gone when we need him most to explain to us what happened.

This is just tragic. Would anybody else know what happened?

*sigh*

At least the Arsonist was stopped tonight. Though, maybe we'll see another fate that befell poor Lazlo again :look:

Anybody feeling woozy? :look:

Bollocks. I'm glad I got the chance to thank here for her help before we convicted her.

I can't believe Booker managed to trick us like this. I hope convicting Helen could've been Bookers win condition.

So... who blocked the Arsonist last night? Or at least tell someone you trust through a PM, and have them tell everyone.

Damn it, Booker! :angry: We need to know what happened here and we need to know now. Got a clue?

The clue is right above you, in the pictures and narrative, Portia. Helen was framed.

This is indeed a tragedy, but as we made clear yesterday, when suspicion has been cast on someone like this, we have to take some action. We had a choice between lynching Helen, who had definite (if misguided) suspicion, lynching someone else at random, who would be just as, if not more likely to be a villager, or doing nothing and letting the demon creature take one of us at random, in addition to the threat of more powers being given to the demon legion.

If we had spared Helen, she would not have been free of suspicion; we would forever have been watching her and worrying that anyone's death might have been prevented if we had lynched her when we had the opportunity. If she had been investigated again, she could have been framed again; or if she were then given a 'Village' result, which result do we trust? Best of three? And all this time, the scum will be busy picking us off while we are distracted.

So I am truly sorry, Helen, that this had to happen to you. If we live through this ordeal, you will get a proper statue, not that macabre mockery the vicious scummy brute created. Rest in peace, Helen. :sadnew:

I agree with Cameron. We really had no other leads to follow up on yesterday. On the (small) bright side, we have confirmed the cause of the 'Demon Legion' reading on Helen. It is somewhat re-assuring that the investigation result Booker presented could probably be trusted in the absence of the framing attempt.

And even better is that there was no arson attack. I really hope someone was blocked, because this would be our best lead to the arsonist. If this action is not allowed to be passed around among the demons that is... :look:

Also, there was no black wand killing. We previously suspected those could be occurring every other night, so - despite not having his allegiance - I hope by convicting Sheldon, we got rid of a Demon Legion member.

It's a good thing that we know for sure that Helen was framed, because we would certainly be looking at Booker for explanations today. Isn't it convenient (for the scum) that he's been kidnapped today just like Becka the other day? Perhaps the Demon Legion weren't expecting that the framer would be so explicitly shown.

So has anyone been able to block the Arsonist, or has the Arsonist decided not to act tonight in order to try to frame Booker?

Crap... :sceptic:

Booker's gone and I don't see him anywhere. Gone when we need him most to explain to us what happened.

Oh I just clicked. We're assuming Booker went and got kidnapped, right?

It's a good thing that we know for sure that Helen was framed, because we would certainly be looking at Booker for explanations today. Isn't it convenient (for the scum) that he's been kidnapped today just like Becka the other day? Perhaps the Demon Legion weren't expecting that the framer would be so explicitly shown.

I shared your same sentiments. It appears as if it was a well executed plan to frame Booker at day for bringing death to Helen... I strongly believe like what happened to Becka earlier, I think Booker was actually kidnapped...

So has anyone been able to block the Arsonist, or has the Arsonist decided not to act tonight in order to try to frame Booker?

I don't think anyone really or manage to block the arsonist... perhaps he/she is doing more evil than we could ever imagine last night, than to burn our houses down to the ground...

Oh I just clicked. We're assuming Booker went and got kidnapped, right?

That's the best I could guess at. I saw that the same happened to Becka, but she didn't really say anything to anybody when she came back :look:

Any crows tonight? :look: :look: Maybe tonight was the night?

Possibly, but it seems so apparent. I don't think they would have gone for something so obvious. I mean, we all trust Booker. He's a really towny guy, you know? Maybe they targeted him for more sinister reasons :look:

Becka, do you remember anything when you were kidnapped?

Becka, do you remember anything when you were kidnapped?

I told you everthing I know when I came back. Don't tell me your overslept that morning. :wink:

I was kidnapped and held in a dark place for the third night and the following day. I can only assume it was the Demon Legion who captured me. And now that they've done the same to Booker, I don't think there's any other option really. :sceptic:

I don't think anyone really or manage to block the arsonist... perhaps he/she is doing more evil than we could ever imagine last night, than to burn our houses down to the ground...

Do you think that a blocker wouldn't be able to stop him? In any case, it would be interesting to know what the blocker(s) were up to last night, it there are still any blockers around.

Do you think that a blocker wouldn't be able to stop him? In any case, it would be interesting to know what the blocker(s) were up to last night, it there are still any blockers around.

If there is any remaining town blocker left, yes it is definitely possible that the arsonist was being blocked if he/she was that accurate. But as far as we all know that Lazlo was the possible town blocker. I don't think his power was being transferred. We did nab Lauren too. These are the 2 supposed blockers that are made known to us so far in the recent days.

For sure, I did debate that the demons could still have the power of blocking especially since last 2 nights ago, my night action was unsuccessful for some unknown reasons! I felt that the scum could still be able to retain the blocker, unless of course when Lauren spoke to me in private that she was the blocker, was all a lie and a set up.

Another possibility which I speculated... was that the demons could have choose not to kill someone for doing another greater evil... That's my biggest fear... At least after Sheldon's conviction, we don't see any black wands floating around...

For sure, I did debate that the demons could still have the power of blocking especially since last 2 nights ago, my night action was unsuccessful for some unknown reasons! I felt that the scum could still be able to retain the blocker, unless of course when Lauren spoke to me in private that she was the blocker, was all a lie and a set up.

There was a chain thrown at Booker on that night... I assumed that it meant a blocker, likely scum, was still operating.

Another possibility which I speculated... was that the demons could have choose not to kill someone for doing another greater evil...

It's a thought we have to keep in mind.

I told you everthing I know when I came back. Don't tell me your overslept that morning. :wink:

I was kidnapped and held in a dark place for the third night and the following day. I can only assume it was the Demon Legion who captured me. And now that they've done the same to Booker, I don't think there's any other option really. :sceptic:

Right, sorry, I forgot :blush: . So Booker is in a dark place somewhere, all dazed and confused :cry_sad:

Wll, there's nothing we can do about it today... What can we do today, though? We have to find somebody :sceptic:

There was a chain thrown at Booker on that night... I assumed that it meant a blocker, likely scum, was still operating.

To me, that just looked like something for comedic effect (or further retribution from a past life :wink: )

I can't believe we were wrong about Helen! :cry_sad: Darn framer.

At to make that worse, Booker's been kidnapped. This keeps getting worse and worse.

I'm sorry to say I have no new leads or evidence to bring to the table. I'm starting to daydream, but once I snap out of it, my ears are open.

09.jpg

Marcellus the Monk was speaking privately in the dark forest with The Baker and his wife.

"What I don't understand," Marcellus began, "is why Daxia doesn't just kill the both of you."

"We're protected," The Baker's wife said.

"How?" Marcellus asked.

"There's a Temple," The Baker's wife explained, "As long as The Demon Legion doesn't infiltrate The Temple, we're sa..."

10.jpg

She was cut off by Petey Panda (Shadows), who was running in, yelling to Marcellus for help.

Mod note: Welcome back, Shadows! You've got another chance at redemption with a new character!

11.jpg

"Where have you been, Petey?" Marcellus asked, "We thought you were dead!"

"I saw The Demon Legion performing a ritual in the forest and they caught me and turned me into a toadstool!" Petey explained, "I just turned back to myself. I've seen The Demon Legion members! I know who they are. They're Lauren Lamb..."

12.jpg

Suddenly, a demon creature jumped out and gobbled Petey Panda up.

13.jpg

Demon creatures love the taste of Panda!

14.jpg

"Never fear," said The Baker's wife stepping forward with a jar of magic ointment, "I can revive him!"

15.jpg

The ointment worked its magic and gave Petey Panda a second chance at life!

"Now, as I was saying," Petey Panda began, "The members of the Demon Legion are Lauren Lamb..."

16.jpg

The demon creature came back for a second helping of panda and gobbled Petey up good this time...

17.jpg

...and then crapped out the remains.

18.jpg

"Revive him." The Baker told his wife.

"I'm not touching that steaming pile of demon crap." The Baker's wife said.

And that was the end of Petey Panda...

Mod note: Sorry Shadows, better luck next time.

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. With 13 players left it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Oh no, not Petey too!

If anyone has suspicions about who the remaining demon worshippers are, now is a good time to voice them. I've got nothing.

Oh no, not Petey too!

If anyone has suspicions about who the remaining demon worshippers are, now is a good time to voice them. I've got nothing.

I do have a suspicion, which I've been discussing with one or two trusted villagers.

A few nights ago the investigator targeted Cara. She had made an unusual night action claim, which had raised suspicions, and her choice of targets was odd. The investigator's action was unsuccessful, and they assumed they had been blocked. However, last night the investigator tried again, and got the same result, that their night action was unsuccessful - but this time the investigator was definitely not blocked.

This suggests that Cara is somehow immune to night investigations; perhaps she has a role akin to a Ninja. Whatever the reason, it seems likely she's up to no good, and if we cannot investigate her, we have no choice but to find out what she's up to in public.

I am aware that Cara is not currently here to defend herself, but we have to make progress, and this is the strongest lead we have. So until we can learn anything more, I will vote: Cara Cow (badboytje)

Poor Petey, we barely got to know him. :look:

I do have a suspicion, which I've been discussing with one or two trusted villagers.

A few nights ago the investigator targeted Cara. She had made an unusual night action claim, which had raised suspicions, and her choice of targets was odd. The investigator's action was unsuccessful, and they assumed they had been blocked. However, last night the investigator tried again, and got the same result, that their night action was unsuccessful - but this time the investigator was definitely not blocked.

This suggests that Cara is somehow immune to night investigations; perhaps she has a role akin to a Ninja. Whatever the reason, it seems likely she's up to no good, and if we cannot investigate her, we have no choice but to find out what she's up to in public.

I am aware that Cara is not currently here to defend herself, but we have to make progress, and this is the strongest lead we have. So until we can learn anything more, I will vote: Cara Cow (badboytje)

Very interesting findings Cameron, maybe you are on to something. However I'm not sure I understand what exactly in your opinion makes Cara a Demon Legionnaire. Can you be more specific about her alleged actions or choice of targets?

Also, how can you be sure that the investigator wasn't blocked? It does seem strange that someone couldn't be investigated.

I agree that we need to know more about Cara, but since she is having a nap there's nothing we can find out from her right now. Perhaps other villagers can chime in.

That's weird indeed that one of the villagers appears to be immune to investigation. I agree that this likely means she's up to no good at night and if this is the only lead we have to pursue today, I'd be willing to follow it. But would you mind sharing what's so strange about Cara's night action claim and her choice of targets? :look:

Very interesting findings Cameron, maybe you are on to something. However I'm not sure I understand what exactly in your opinion makes Cara a Demon Legionnaire. Can you be more specific about her alleged actions or choice of targets?

Also, how can you be sure that the investigator wasn't blocked? It does seem strange that someone couldn't be investigated.

Last night, the investigator had two actions to perform... and the other was successful.

That's weird indeed that one of the villagers appears to be immune to investigation. I agree that this likely means she's up to no good at night and if this is the only lead we have to pursue today, I'd be willing to follow it. But would you mind sharing what's so strange about Cara's night action claim and her choice of targets? :look:

Very well, I will tell you what I've heard from a trusted source.

Cara claims to be an investigator who determines whether someone is the arsonist or not. This might make sense if the arsonist is indeed a neutral character, but it is looking increasingly likely that not only is the arsonist an action that can be passed around, but also that it has always been the scums' primary killing action. Remember Lauren pulling a torch, and Felix's fiery antics?

With this information, Cara's claimed action is superfluous.

Then we have her claimed targets. It is my understanding that on the first night, Cara chose to target Becka, a figure who has in my view always appeared solidly Town. Would it not have made more sense to investigate the one other person who has claimed an action related to the arsonist - Edgar? :look:

The following nights, Cara's choice of targets have always been people who are either confirmed Villagers, or very likely to be townie. My understanding is that on night four, Cara chose to investigate Booker - someone who not only has been confirmed Village, but was himself a victim of the arsonist on the first night. The other targets were Wendell, Gilbert, myself, and last night, Becka again. Needless to say, the results that we have heard were all negative.

If Cara is scum masquerading as a townie with a 'useful' action, this choice of targets is convenient. Not only is it unlikely to conflict with any information other townies might have, but it also prevents us narrowing down the list of possible scum if Cara were caught. If she is not scum, the choices are at best thoughtlessly random; indeed I understand Cara has been unwilling to listen to advice on whom to target.

This is the evidence I have pieced together with others. Perhaps it is not absolutely conclusive, but coupled with the investigator's inability to get a result from Cara, it is in my view highly suspicious.