Sign in to follow this  
Spider-Man

College

I used to be a professor at an engineering school, so, naturally I had to have the school add a LEGO section to our prototyping lab. Sometimes I think kids signed up for my classes just to get their LEGO fix. Academic credit for playing with LEGO, it's no wonder people got wait-listed. :sweet:

I used to be a professor at an engineering school, so, naturally I had to have the school add a LEGO section to our prototyping lab. Sometimes I think kids signed up for my classes just to get their LEGO fix. Academic credit for playing with LEGO, it's no wonder people got wait-listed. :sweet:

Man...you'd be the best professor ever! :laugh:

I know what it's like, I've only been at college for a month and I'm already itching to build something! The only Lego I brought with me is this:

8010538029_41d0b2ef8f_m.jpg

A gopher, the schools mascot, that I made at the local Lego store's Pick-a-Brick, and the Vampire Bat Collectible Minifigure.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Just a little bit of an update on my recovery, I'm out of the hospital and due to being cooped up in the house I've got friends and relatives asking what to send me to keep me busy while I recover, so I'm anticipating a bit of Lego and other building toys coming my way.

For those of you in a college design course, or out of it, how much, if any, LEGO designs did you put in your art portfolio?

I went to college pretty close to home, but even then the overhead (of accessing my stuff) was enough such that I just never found the time to build anything behind my primary hobby (drawing). That being said there was an exception: I did study design and I did build one of these rolling-ball clocks out of Lego for a class, but that was basically it.

Edited by Commander Wolf

I usually bring sets from at least two LEGO themes with me to college. This year, it's Hero Factory, Ninjago, and Master Builder Academy.

In the meantime, LEGO Digital Designer can be a useful tool if you don't want to clutter your living space by making it your building space. It basically helps me resist the impulse to buy a bunch of new products, since I can test out builds with parts I didn't bring with me.

I hear you on LDD! That has really saved me from going out and using what little money I have :laugh: I did bring a small rubbermaid box down full of some parts that I pull out every now and then! :thumbup: