papercla

Residential House

indexed.gif B-RM-4A

Hi, here is the second building of my modular town.

A 32 wide building tan and medium green, inspired by a photo found out on internet.

I've just finished the outside and I'd like to show it to you because I'm still working on internal furniture and I think they will not be finished early.

Have a look and, if you want, tell me your comments.

imgp1854mod800x600.jpgimgp1861mod800x600.jpg

imgp1857t.jpg

imgp1858f.jpg

imgp1860o.jpg

Here is the real building:

zimge545nearbattenburgs.jpgimage002fq.jpg

Great modular....i like it!!!!i wish to see it next to other buildings...;)

I'm sorry for the question but in witch country is the real building.

Sorry for my english it's not very good!

Edited by street87

Great building, and you captured the original's architecture very well. :thumbup: Though I'm not sure I like the green too much (including on the real building)...

Great Job, and nice choice of colour (the medium green I mean).

It works out well. Also nice windows on the ground floor. That's some interesting technique you use there.

I am only wondering why you choose to use the black colour for the roof? I think Light Bluish Gray may look better for the whole as a building, but I could be wrong.

Now I am also curious about the interior, but I guess you'll keep us waiting for that for a while.

What a refreshing color for a modular building :sweet:. Lots of nice detailing on the facade, you have recreated the original building very well :thumbup:.

Thank you all for your comments. :laugh:

I'm sorry for the question but in witch country is the real building.

The city is Ruse (Bulgaria), I found out many very interesting buildings in this city in the style I like most. :thumbup:

Though I'm not sure I like the green too much (including on the real building)...

My husband agrees with you, he keep on telling me it doesn't convince himself, but I'd like to build something in medium green so I loved immediatelly this photo. :laugh:

I am only wondering why you choose to use the black colour for the roof? I think Light Bluish Gray may look better for the whole as a building, but I could be wrong.

Now I am also curious about the interior, but I guess you'll keep us waiting for that for a while.

I thought light bluish gray would be too bright for brights colour like tan and medium green. It could be great in dark bluish gray but there aren't every slope type in this colour.

The ground floor is almost finished, but the first and the second are still rough, as soon as I'll complete them, I'll post here. :wink:

Edited by papercla

A very nice colour and style! A coulour would make any city a bit more diverse. And great work at those bushes.

Beautiful house, just the right amount of detailing....totally has that 17th/18th century feel to it ! :classic:

The colours chosen to are perfect for that period.....excellent work and Brick On 'papercla' ! :grin:

Excellent choice of colors and pieces! In what set did you get those kind of green bricks?

I bought the bricks on bricklink, but they are in some old belville sets.

Edited by papercla

I like the green very much. Without it, it would be just a lot of tan, but the green gives it just the right amount of contrast.

That is a great modular building. The green colour is spot on.

I am only missing the yellow mailbox. :laugh:

Edited by Vincent Kessels

Excellent. I particularly like the way that you have been creative with the lego to use unusual parts to imitate some of the features of the real building.

Nice jjob with the roof styling, and great job with the technic gear detailing. I could only dream of having enough tan to build that! :sceptic:

Absolutely lovely, and I particularly adore the medium green. I'm flabbergasted and astonished that others here find the color choice questionable, and I don't even understand the description of it at that link - the green is rather light in color, but not intense the way the description seems to characterize it as being. If anything, I think the color shows a bit more... restraint than some other color might. What on earth is that blogger smoking?

I so wish I had some bricks in that color!

That is a great modular building. The green colour is spot on.

I am only missing the yellow mailbox. :laugh:

Guess what it's missing scott, just guess....... A Mailbox! Bluh blll blla bleh! _ Floppy the mailbox, the Lego Club show

Cracks me up! :laugh:

Nice work! It is a very interesting shaped building. I look forward to seeing the interior when it is finished!