Sign in to follow this  
slacker int

[moc] LL-129 'CORVUS'

I'm loving the current "classic space" trend (Benny/ exosuit) and felt it was time to start expanding my NCS fleet. Presenting the concept plans for my next Federation starfighter: LL-129 'CORVUS'

Hoping to have this one "brick-built" soon, hope everyone likes it! - As always feedback appreciated.

14518277818_015e612816_z.jpg

I like the creative use of a windscreen under the minifigure. :classic:

How does it connect? And I assume from the pics the minifigure sits on a hinge plate? Well done. :thumbup:

I really like the design of the landing gear, it looks like it will be able to stow away well. :classic: Its just that... Are you sure it will hold the weight of the ship up? LDD does not have that testing function unfortunately. :sad:

The overall design of the ship looks good, congratulations. :wub:

Good job! I like the cockpit - clever idea thinking of using those pieces like that. For some reason the ship as a whole reminds me a little bit of Red Dwarf...

Good job especially on the landing gear - you managed to get the exact Neo-Classic greeble style, without making them look either too bulky or too skinny. You might not have put the bumblebee stripes on the cockpit, though - those tend to be reserved for the wings, and I can only remember seeing a singular, not plural use of them...

Overall, a fine ship. Any chance you could post the LDD?

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out in real life - I'm betting it will look even better, seeing as how LDD tends to make things not look as awesome as when they're built with plastic.

Best of luck in the contest - at least, as best as another competitor can offer. :tongue:

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Thanks for the feedback so far! - I'd be happy to post the LDD file once i get this one brick built.

You might not have put the bumblebee stripes on the cockpit, though - those tend to be reserved for the wings, and I can only remember seeing a singular, not plural use of them...

Great point Lind Whisperer. Honestly I think I had been looking at it so long I didn't even realize I had doubled up on the stripes! I was testing them out on the cockpit before I reworked the wings to include them there... guess I just overlooked them. Maybe I'll update that! - thanks!

I like the creative use of a windscreen under the minifigure. :classic: How does it connect? And I assume from the pics the minifigure sits on a hinge plate?

I really like the design of the landing gear, it looks like it will be able to stow away well. :classic: Its just that... Are you sure it will hold the weight of the ship up?

You're spot on with the hinge plate for the minifig seat. The lower canopy is attached the same way as the top - just clipped in upside down - (does that make sense lol). As for the landing gear, I've played around with the concept and I’m hoping the majority of the weight will rest on the back hinged landing gear - time will tell, thanks!

Edited by slacker int

Thanks for replying. :classic:

What you say about the canopy does make sense.

What you say about the weight, it does seem that the bulk of the LL-129 is behind the rear landing gear leg, which looks more sturdy than the rest. I hope it works with real bricks!