41521: Footi

41522: Scorpi

41523: Hoogi

41524: Mesmo

41525: Magnifo

41526: Wizwuz

mixelgroups.jpg

Original Post:

So this was just revealed at SDCC. I don't know what it is.

This and this

Um.

From here and here.

EDIT: Official website is up!

CGIMixels.jpg

-Sci

Edited by VBBN
Images for series 1 and 2 added

No idea what this is, but I definitely see some neat parts (specifically the "ball joints" in white with cartoon eye printing). We'll see how it pans out.

Alright, I've been staring at this for a few minutes and have no idea what to make of it, so I'm just gonna dump my initial reaction as expressed on Skype:

[3:51:37 PM] jamesster: it's like somebody dumped ben10 and creator into a blender and activated the "awkward theme" setting

These are cool. I love the amount of bright-coloured pieces in them. Looks like it could be a kids' show on Cartoon Network. Heck, if we're lucky it could be a show like Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. That was a good show. From the sets, they do look pretty cool. Can't wait for further information. :classic:

Looks funny, cant wait for more information! A must-have for my 8 year old son.

Looks like it will be something like Skylanders. I'm hoping a $5 price point on these.

Must have that bush piece in yellow. I quite like the idea of printed eyeballs on 1x1 round tiles and technic ball joint connector balls. Looks like a fun theme. Top marks for Lego branching out. I had a feeling they would to combat a lot of the clone brands.

Edited by Jargo

I wonder whether it will be a full show... the crazy character designs look like they might be better suited to comedy shorts, perhaps the kind that can be aired within the space of a commercial break.

Alternatively, perhaps it will be some sort of online video game? Hopefully a press release will come out to explain these.

As a side note, they're reminding me somewhat pleasantly of the old X-Pods.

What the hell, a few nice pieces, but perhaps these might have the same fate as other lego lines... Ben 10 :laugh::classic:

Several people on Brickset are thinking that the dot-of-the-i in the word "Mixels" have to do with a webcam. Clearly it is a unique logo design that includes a feature among all of the sets (i.e. Galaxy Squad's splitting ship design, and Legend of Chima's Chi dotted i), being the cartoon eye(s) each one of these creatures(?) have.

It fondly reminds me very much of the old creator XPods. If this turns out to be more a CN license that will drop this series to the bottom of my list, as I like to stick with non-licensed themes. Time will tell, but I have no negative feelings towards these as of yet (I felt the same way with Galidor and Ben 10 but look how those turned out...).

Seems to be a very funny and weird theme. :laugh: I think I'm gonna like it.

Official website! I can already see a ton of new parts!

http://www.lego.com/mixels/

-Sci

Says page not found.

EDIT: By Kirk's grave! Those are Mini ball-joints. Micro Mecha, here we come!

EDIT 2: Now the link is working.

EDIT 3(sorry): This is Lego's IP, not CN's. My appreciation for this theme just went up, and with the Lego Movie sets coming out, it looks like I will be visiting the Special Themes forum far more often.

Edited by Penkid11

Ooh, 2x1 tile with spikes. Nice. The mini ball joints are very cool. Enough to have people snapping these up. Not to mention the yellow bush. I'm way more excited by this than I am by The Hobbit or Superheroes. New things! Shiny things! Yay! :excited:

Official website! I can already see a ton of new parts!

http://www.lego.com/mixels/

{pic}

-Sci

That spike piece is really cool, but the mini-balljoints are downright adorable! :grin:

Also, those boxes are really not LEGO-like. I'm guessing they're early box designs, but besides the strange size, there's no set number on it. Also, it doesn't show the model. :look:

There's silhouettes in the display and on the boxes, so I'm guessing those are the combiner models.

The characters look really cool......micro-ball joints....oh, they'll be very handy to make computer aided machinery (factory robots in other words). :grin:

I too found no page available at Lego.com so perhaps CN told them to take it down ? :look:

It's amazingly depressing how many people's first impression was to compare these to the not-even-remotely-similar Ben 10 and Galidor themes. So many AFOLs willing to dismiss a fun, imaginative System theme as dead-on-arrival before they even know exactly what it's about. Hopefully the line will prove successful and the early detractors will find they don't actually mind the taste of crow. Though of course I guarantee many of those early detractors will never get over their irrational hatred of the theme... I saw some disgusting comments about BIONICLE earlier today that remind me just why I put off joining Brickset for so long.

The AFOL community has managed to disappoint me so many times and in so many ways over the past week. I desperately need a newer, less depressing hobby.

On a lighter note, yay! Adorable models with goofy cartoon eyes and tiny ball joints! These are a wonderful expression of the LEGO Group's brilliant imagination. Very much like some of the X-Pod sets. Definitely hoping to pick some of these up. No idea what the Cartoon Network co-promotion might entail...

What I like with the new balljoints system, it's that it uses some pre-existing parts, like this or this.

Bought.

I have no idea what the hell this is but... Bought. Tiny Ball Joints: so many possibilities.

If Lego is making sets based on an apparent show, it must be something to watch. Unless it's a kids' show. In which case I'll watch it with my nephew.

I'm really curious to see how this develops.

Kalhiki

It's a shame the packaging is just a box. A funky theme like this should have more funky packaging. With studs on and usable in the same way the X-Pods packaging was. I dunno, a tube maybe with a double row of studs running equidistantly down four sides. Not that a tube has sides but you know what I mean.

Or something like the star wars planets. Use the same piece in white with a pupil printed on one half so you'd have a massive eyeball like the dot of the 'I' in the logo. At least then you'd have large domes you could utilise. It just seems like the packaging shown is pretty lacklustre. It's not bad or horrible but it isn't great.

Whoa!

I see new, smaller-sized ball-and-socket elements in those figures on the site. Nifty!

I wonder... are those boxes the packaging? Perhaps they're made specifically and solely for the SDCC display...