DarkSurgeXL

Legends of Chima 2013 (Action Figures)

Seems like nobody is going to create this topic, I will.

So here are the names of the sets:

70200 Laval

70201 Eris

70202 Gorzan

70203 Cragger

70204 Worriz

70205 Razars

I hope that moderators approve this topic.

Speculate! :classic:

--

Now with video:

from Atamaii.com

Edited by Si-MOCs
Added video that Aanchir found.

Glad to see we've finally got a topic for this.

Anyway, I think we can expect lots of printing in these sets, for fur or scales. I hope, however, that we'll also get a dedicated fur piece, not unlike Bruizer's armor add-on.

Edited by DraikNova

I'm curious what the heads will look like, especially Eris'.

Since we got a topic for Legends of Chima, will the posts about it in the HF 2013 thread moved to this one?

Oh, btw, you got a typo in the title (Action "Figuires").

I'm curious how they will be doing the chi crystals in their chests. I hope it's different from the Hero Cores of this past year.

Excellent idea, I was planning to open this later or tomorrow but I'm glad somebody already did.

As for the Chi crystals, I think they will be printed on the torsos like on the minifigs. Think Ultrabuild Iron Man.

I hope the heads aren't one piece.. maybe they'll be helmets?

Two things we'll hopefully count on, however, are Furno XL cape recolours and new weapon molds. The minifigs wear dark blue, dark red and white capes; and use two new types of swords and a new axe head used by the Eagles.

Seeing as these are planned to come out in August we won't be seeing pics for a while. Maybe ToyFair will give us a look when it comes around.

From Bionifigs :

chima_11.jpg

The heads look good, but the lion feet are pretty weird

Edited by _shaddow_

I couldn't ask for more.

Honestly; I know some people will have issues with Cragger having a slightly hectic color scheme and design, or Laval's legs being a bit strange, but these sets are perfect representations of their respective animal in HF form in my book, and that's an impressive feet unto itself.

Better than every Brain Attack set for HF (except maybe a few of the villains) IMO. Can't wait to see the rest.

All that really bothers me is that Cragger doesn't look too beefy (but then, crocodiles often lose that bulky look when anthropomorphized). Otherwise, not looking too bad, and I anticipate better pics once these get closer to release (currently, Laval's fingers and hands don't match, when I think they're both supposed to be Warm Gold). Lots of nice new elements, and effective use of existing elements.

They look good, though I'm not digging Laval's legs. They look unfinished, and too long. Do love the fact that we're getting more trans-blue shells and parts.

Also, Cragger's weapon is amazing!

Oh my. These are so awesome! The croc especially. I know where my money goes in July.

I really like those lime Piraka feet. Very nice.

Chima is looking to be the worse replacement of ninjago and the worse replacement of HF.

Both sets start good with the heads and then go worse and worse the lower you look. This seems consistent with the design philosophy of the Chima system sets that seems to be even more superflous than exo force.

The croc starts great with the crocodile head, but then the skinny arms and legs remind me to the wort of Bionicle. To think I complained that HF 2013 looked like Glatorians, didn't expect TLG to regress to the Hordika era.

The lion is better with the hair shoulders and there is hope that the arms are not skeletal like the croc's. But the legs look so uninspired and inconsistent with the top...

So many cool pieces, let's see what I can find:

Laval- new brown "fur" pieces, gold Superhero chestplate (printed with a Chima crystal pattern as I predicted), new weapon/handle connector in gold, gold 2.0 shoulder armour, trans blue Rocka swords and, at last, freaking trans blue cladding (I'm sure we'll see this again in Summer HF).

Cragger- lime Piraka feet, lime "lower arm" bone, Savage Planet scale armour in red, dark green 2.0 shoulder armour, dark green Ben 10 giant horn/tail piece, a probably new armour piece on the back and a new massive blade piece (I can see these two reappearing in Summer HF as well).

The figures themselves are quite nice, I'm surprised how..reptlian they managed to make Cragger look. I wish his lower limbs were armoured, otherwise he's pretty much how I think a humanoid crocodile should be. :tongue:

I was excepting them to be more humanoid like the minifigs, but they look quite bestial- this is far from a bad thing mind you. I'm even more anxious to see the birds now!

Edited by Shakar

Chima is looking to be the worse replacement of ninjago and the worse replacement of HF.

It's not replacing Hero Factory though...

I'm excited to see the other constraction sets. Especially Eris. Gorzan is also probably going to be awesome. I kinda wish the crocs had some Olive Green HF parts though...

Edited by Meiko

It's not replacing Hero Factory though...

This first 2013 wave looks like a 3rd year Exo-Force to me (except I liked Exo-Force). The figures look like they are on their wits end. Besides, four years is too long. Ninjago should have outlived it.

Edited by Penkid11