Sign in to follow this  
Hound Knight

The Rescue

th_thindexedgif.gif 93c

3934637177_73b1fcedfc.jpg

Deerslayer, Hetty, and Judith are rescued from the Hurons by Chingachgook and Britsh regulars in the climax of James Fenimore Copper's novel The Deerslayer.

3935418822_339d023754.jpg

Nathaniel Bummpo:

3935418684_646d201bab.jpg

AKA Hawkeye, La Longue Carabine, Deerslayer, Leatherstocking, Pathfinder, and "the trapper". This frontiersman lives by the rule "one shot, one kill".

3934637131_90cd1e1e0c.jpg

Enjoy! :pir-sweet:

Poor indians :pir-classic: But nice MOC :thumbup: I really like the black rifle, I've just ordered 2 of them myself and for the rest'nathaniel bummpo' is very well armed as well :pir-classic: good idea to use a novel as example.

Maybe. But I don't like it when the natives are shown as the bad guys.

IF the natives are shown as the bad guys then maybe you should take it up with the author of the book, James Fenimore Cooper. This book was written well over 100 years ago, and in that story Chingachgook (who was a native) was the good guy, as was his adopted son, Nathaniel Bumpo. The Huron were fighting alongside the French while Nathaniel was a British Colonist at the time. This story, as best I recall (as well as Cooper's "Last of the Mohicans") takes place in and around the time of the French and Indian War. There is NOTHING offensive about the tribute MOC.

He even mentions in the post that it was based off of "The Deerslayer" novel by Cooper. I guess if you would have read that part I wouldn't have to type all of this.

That said, I really do like this MOC and am a fan of Cooper's tales about Natty Bumpo. They are all great stories and should be read by anyone with an interest in the history of Pacific and Great Lakes Native American tribes.

I like it. :pir-classic:

No offence at all IMO. Just like Meschpers mentioned, the critisism should be directed at the author.

Unfortunately the pictures are a bit dark, so the details are hard to see. It would be better using sheets of paper.

The MOC looks quite good, I like the shoreline and the forest. :thumbup:

Great idea. The MOC is a little tightly packed to see everything going on but it is a great idea and it is done very well especially considering how much you were able to put into the smaller space. The minifigure is of course exceptional as always.

Maybe. But I don't like it when the natives are shown as the bad guys.

Their not portrayed as the bad-guys. They are portrayed as people attacking the Pilgrims.

I mean, The British came over just to discover America, And the Natives attacked us. They are not the bad guys, they just are a enemy of the main plot. So if you write the book, you could make the Native American the main character and then people would think that the Natives were the good guys.