Sign in to follow this  

i am baffled by these instructions, meaning book 2....there are like 6 different models you can make, what i want to know is what model uses the most parts?...is it the wing door model?

these old Lego instructions are very different to the modern ones, and each step has way more parts to put together.

8448 was a bit of an exception to the rule - as for older sets.

It gave you instructions for a few variants to the main model, but encouraged you to be creative, and design your own

Most sets of that era, were straightforward A and B models.

The Wing Door model probably uses the most parts.. But I'd imagine that every 'modification' has a lot of parts left over.

And yes.. there are more parts per step.. but a lot of us, who've grown up with Technic over 30+ years, find them more challenging, and more rewarding

I built this last week, and prefer the gull wing door setup, but putting the motor in the back, as the back looks a bit empty with it up front. Gull wing model appears to use a few more parts, but not a ton more than the convertible model.

Agree that the instructions are different, but are still pretty easy to follow. It helps that they give you a parts call-out for each step, unlike some of the older instructions.

I am curious to see how the size compares with the new 42056 set coming out.

Also, the Tumbler front wheels fit on 8448 pretty well (same diameter and backspacing, but wider):

erEnXCZ.jpg

Edited by BrianGT