Lord Of The Fries

Where Can I Find a Cheaper Death Star

Hey guys,

As the topic says, I want to find a cheaper Lego Death Star. At the moment I could only find one for $744.99 on S@H. I looked on ebay and found one for about $605 including postage but I can only buy it at around about 10th-30th of October. So if any one finds one cheaper than the S@H one, please post here :grin: .

PS. I am from Australia :wink:.

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

How is that possible? The Death Star on S@H here in the U.S. is only $399.

S@H Has different pricing all around the world. LOTF is based in Austrailia (Clarified before this post :tongue: ), hence the different price. You Aussies are definately getting the short straw as far as retail at the moment..

But why not import? With your dollar, You can get them cheap as! Bricklink is your friend :wink: There's one on there at the moment for $380US. Postage surely can't be over $100. You'd be unlikely to pay over $500, surely?

Edited by Legoman

Sorry, didn't mention I was from Australia :blush: .

Post Updated.

I listed this in the Aussie thread as a special after Splat discovered we could import from them. Setup Google Chrome, go to Amazon.fr and get it from there. Aussie dollar slumping wont have helped lately, but it'd be around $500 odd delivered.

Shipping is generally the killer, as Bricklink owners usually cost a minimum of $120 to ship such a large set here.

I'm assuming $749 is delivered, as it is listed at $699

Edited by TheDarkness

Thanks guys :grin: .

This has helped so much.

Now all I need to do is wait until my birthday, get the money and buy The Death Star :devil: .

Actually if you don't care for the box the set comes in, then Flat Rate Priority Shipping is your friend, might be able to squeeze it into a large Flat Rate box which is about $60 if shipped in the box it can be quite expensive.

S@H Has different pricing all around the world. LOTF is based in Austrailia (Clarified before this post :tongue: ), hence the different price. You Aussies are definately getting the short straw as far as retail at the moment..

But why not import? With your dollar, You can get them cheap as! Bricklink is your friend :wink: There's one on there at the moment for $380US. Postage surely can't be over $100. You'd be unlikely to pay over $500, surely?

I realized that and the USD is worth less than the AUD, so logically shouldn't the price be cheaper or closer to the U.S price?

I realized that and the USD is worth less than the AUD, so logically shouldn't the price be cheaper or closer to the U.S price?

No because our RRP is alot higher, sometimes by nearly 100%. Lego sells in a much greater volume in the US, which is probably why they get a better price. For the rest of the world they are seen as luxury items.

Hey guys,

As the topic says, I want to find a cheaper Lego Death Star. At the moment I could only find one for $744.99 on S@H. I looked on ebay and found one for about $605 including postage but I can only buy it at around about 10th-30th of October. So if any one finds one cheaper than the S@H one, please post here :grin: .

PS. I am from Australia :wink:.

I'm actually selling the $380 Death Star on Bricklink. I looked up shipping and it would roughly be $110 USD for shipping, which would still undercut the $605. Let me know if you want to work something out. I'm not sure but I tried flat rate boxes and for some reason it was saying it was $55 each, and it would require two flat rate boxes to ship everything. I'll check with my local post office if that is correct. It might be much cheaper, we'll see.

I'm actually selling the $380 Death Star on Bricklink. I looked up shipping and it would roughly be $110 USD for shipping, which would still undercut the $605. Let me know if you want to work something out. I'm not sure but I tried flat rate boxes and for some reason it was saying it was $55 each, and it would require two flat rate boxes to ship everything. I'll check with my local post office if that is correct. It might be much cheaper, we'll see.

Sorry, I'm already getting one off Amazon.fr for around about $450 (including postage) :wink: .

Sorry, I'm already getting one off Amazon.fr for around about $450 (including postage) :wink: .

Ive been looking also for a cheap one to pop up, how can you go past a set with 22 minifigs in it :sweet: . Amazon.fr looks like a good deal, im just waiting for my tax check to come and I will making a large Lego purchase.

I checked it out but the price is $429.99 euro which = almost $600 Aus. How did you get it so cheap? What is your secret or what am I doing wrong?

Edited by wokajablocka

Ive been looking also for a cheap one to pop up, how can you go past a set with 22 minifigs in it :sweet: . Amazon.fr looks like a good deal, im just waiting for my tax check to come and I will making a large Lego purchase.

I checked it out but the price is $429.99 euro which = almost $600 Aus. How did you get it so cheap? What is your secret or what am I doing wrong?

VAT is removed for purchases within the EU. 19% i think it is.

VAT is removed for purchases within the EU. 19% i think it is.

Still dosent explain why the Lord got it so cheap inculding shipping. 20% off $600 = $480, Still he got a 25% discount and free shipping by my calculations. *huh*

Still dosent explain why the Lord got it so cheap inculding shipping. 20% off $600 = $480, Still he got a 25% discount and free shipping by my calculations. *huh*

Just read what hewman said to me in a PM message :wink: :

Hi Amazon France ship to Aus, and I think it works out to less than $500 to get a death star including shipping (we don't have to pay their sales tax, so actual price of set is 15-20% less than on the site).just go to www.amazon.frAlso if you use google chrome it will translate the site for you.CheersMatt

That should cover most of it :grin: .

PS. The Death Star has 24 minifigs :wink:

Except that Amazon.fr is no longer selling them (hopefully they restock), only another seller (like Bricklink) is selling. So no VAT removal, and high shipping price.

Except that Amazon.fr is no longer selling them (hopefully they restock), only another seller (like Bricklink) is selling. So no VAT removal, and high shipping price.

It's not sold out.

Look for yourself :wink: .

It's not sold out.

Look for yourself :wink: .

That set isn't sold by Amazon.fr, it is sold by a seller using Amazon similar to people using eBay as a shopfront.

If you go through the buying process, you don't get the fast ship option, you don't get the VAT removal and you get charged 90 euros freight.

I got one on sale for $600 (I think) with free shipping from Fishpond a few months ago.

I was told recently that as sales in Australia keep increasing every year, why would anyone in their right mind drop prices?... Can't argue with that. The only solution is to stop buying locally, as many Aussie AFOLS have started doing.

DrRod

couple of sellers from china/hong kong knocking out loads on ebay at moment for £130.

Anyone got one off them - seems too cheap...

couple of sellers from china/hong kong knocking out loads on ebay at moment for £130.

Anyone got one off them - seems too cheap...

If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam......

No one would sell 200 Death Stars and list them at those prices.

That set isn't sold by Amazon.fr, it is sold by a seller using Amazon similar to people using eBay as a shopfront.

If you go through the buying process, you don't get the fast ship option, you don't get the VAT removal and you get charged 90 euros freight.

Could you please esmtimate the cost altogether?

If so, then thanks :grin: .

If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam......

No one would sell 200 Death Stars and list them at those prices.

I believe the Death Star is the most favourite scam of all Lego sets being sold. My son and I were scammed almost exactly a year ago by a seller in Canada who was selling a Death Star on Bricklink. Turns out he was just taking money and not shipping anything. After that I started looking closely, and found Death Stars in quantities on sites like eBay, Amazon, Kijiji (a classifieds site in Canada like Craigslist), and others. Through my research I have found that this item brings a lot of money to scammers. It is a high demand item, you can tell the customer it will take a long time to ship because it's so heavy, and you get a lot of money. Easily you could sell a large number and run with the money before anyone started to wonder why theirs isn't showing up.

This led to the reason why I started buying rare Lego sets and selling them locally. I don't make very much on it, but I supply people in my city with Lego they can't get from any store in the city, and they don't run the risk of getting scammed.

Be very careful when shopping for high-demand or high-priced sets like the Death Star, or any of the discontinued modular buildings. Scammers even go so far as to have their accounts appear to have large feedback, but it was all falsified. The BrickLink seller I dealt with had a positive rating of several when I bought from him, and within a month became negative 30. I never would have thought that scammers would target children or parents of children, but I was proven wrong. I am very suspicious of any seller now who isn't very well established.

Just my advice, be careful when buying.

Locutis

Can anyone confirm that we can still buy from Amazon and get it under $500. Or it there anywhere else I can purchase it and get it shipped to me cheaply. At the moment Im trying to set up with an American Eurobricker to buy a Death Star for $399 us from Lego S@H and fee shipping to him and get him to send on the set to Australia. I cant find a better and cheaper way to do this. I just need my US friend to hold his end of the bargin up and make sure he ships it to me other wise he gets a free Death Star.

Can anyone confirm that we can still buy from Amazon and get it under $500. Or it there anywhere else I can purchase it and get it shipped to me cheaply. At the moment Im trying to set up with an American Eurobricker to buy a Death Star for $399 us from Lego S@H and fee shipping to him and get him to send on the set to Australia. I cant find a better and cheaper way to do this. I just need my US friend to hold his end of the bargin up and make sure he ships it to me other wise he gets a free Death Star.

Why can't you just put it in your Amazon basket and see if you can check out? Plenty of us purchased them from Amazon France over the last two weeks...