Jump to content


New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"


4331 replies to this topic

#3826 epic_red

epic_red

    Posts: 62
    Joined: 24-October 10
    Member: 13901

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Saw that Farmers had the Helicopter Rescue (4429) on sale for $70 instead of $90  :sweet: Very tempted to buy it

#3827 Fatteh

Fatteh

    Posts: 184
    Joined: 11-March 11
    Member: 16517
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Toyco has 20% off SW Lego including the new sets.

Edit: also applies to trains and maybe some other sets. Free shipping for orders over $100.

Edited by Fatteh, 11 July 2012 - 02:48 AM.


#3828 Batmayne

Batmayne

    Posts: 42
    Joined: 12-April 10
    Member: 10244

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hey everyone

I want to buy the Lego Batman Batcave 6860 set.
Anyone know of places that still have the set in stock ? I live in the Albany area.

Thanks in advance

#3829 harmacy

harmacy

    Posts: 329
    Joined: 13-October 08
    Member: 4130

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Just noticed the UCS B-wing price is up on Lego.com - $450!!! Yeouch! Im definitely Bricklinking this bad boy -  Works out at $250NZD for the US RRP of $199.

UCS does not mean 'Ultimate Collector Series', it means 'Unavoidable Cash Sucker'.


#3830 Legoman

Legoman

  • Cardman


    Posts: 2578
    Joined: 10-July 05
    Member: 428
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postharmacy, on 15 July 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

Just noticed the UCS B-wing price is up on Lego.com - $450!!! Yeouch! Im definitely Bricklinking this bad boy -  Works out at $250NZD for the US RRP of $199.


Shivers! Agreed..

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr


#3831 harmacy

harmacy

    Posts: 329
    Joined: 13-October 08
    Member: 4130

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Oh Legoman - great pic on the Chch press website! - sounds like the show weekend was very popular!

UCS does not mean 'Ultimate Collector Series', it means 'Unavoidable Cash Sucker'.


#3832 BachAddict

BachAddict

    Posts: 37
    Joined: 20-June 11
    Member: 18572

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I know it's unlikely to find Technic fans here that don't monitor Trademe, but I'll try anyway: Any takers for a 8455 for $270? Ex display model, hardly used. I live near Amberley.

#3833 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

View Postharmacy, on 15 July 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh Legoman - great pic on the Chch press website! - sounds like the show weekend was very popular!

If any of you who were there could upload pics of the event on flickr or somewhere it would be hugely appreciated!! I'd love to see how it kicked off :sweet:

CF
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#3834 epic_red

epic_red

    Posts: 62
    Joined: 24-October 10
    Member: 13901

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostCommanderFox, on 17 July 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

If any of you who were there could upload pics of the event on flickr or somewhere it would be hugely appreciated!! I'd love to see how it kicked off :sweet:

CF
Here's a link to the flickr page with some photos of the event, courtesy of Centuri :blush:

Edited by epic_red, 18 July 2012 - 11:06 AM.


#3835 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

View Postepic_red, on 18 July 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Here's a link to the flickr page with some photos of the event, courtesy of Centuri :blush:

Thanks epic_red!! :thumbup:  I must say i'm really impressed with this!! For a first lego show, you guys have done an excellent job!!
If this is going to happen every year, i'll try and make it down not next year but the following, once i'm done with all the study :sweet:
That big diorama with the castles and water blew me away! Who was that?

CF
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#3836 harmacy

harmacy

    Posts: 329
    Joined: 13-October 08
    Member: 4130

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

WOW! what an amazing show! It looks really different from the Kapiti show, which is primarily a building competition for younger folk. I'd like to be involved next year - reckon a trip to Chch could be great fun!

UCS does not mean 'Ultimate Collector Series', it means 'Unavoidable Cash Sucker'.


#3837 Callum

Callum

    Posts: 188
    Joined: 11-August 09
    Member: 6990
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

That looks excellent guys! Cheers for the invite too, Unfortunately Personal stuff has gotten in the way but I will hopefully make it on one of the re-rebuilds :)

#3838 Legoman

Legoman

  • Cardman


    Posts: 2578
    Joined: 10-July 05
    Member: 428
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostCommanderFox, on 18 July 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Thanks epic_red!! :thumbup:  I must say i'm really impressed with this!! For a first lego show, you guys have done an excellent job!!
If this is going to happen every year, i'll try and make it down not next year but the following, once i'm done with all the study :sweet:
That big diorama with the castles and water blew me away! Who was that?

CF

Sounds good man, just keep an eye on our site LUG4x2.org when you're keen to come down for one  :classic:
The Big Castle/train Diorama was Thoy who came down from Auckland for the show, a brilliant builder!

View Postharmacy, on 19 July 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

WOW! what an amazing show! It looks really different from the Kapiti show, which is primarily a building competition for younger folk. I'd like to be involved next year - reckon a trip to Chch could be great fun!

Yeah it was more like the other international shows with displays and stuff, lots of AFOL's involved from all round the country. You should definitely come along to the next one! We'd love to have you along  :classic:

View PostCallum, on 19 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

That looks excellent guys! Cheers for the invite too, Unfortunately Personal stuff has gotten in the way but I will hopefully make it on one of the re-rebuilds :)

No problem man, we'd definitely love to see you in future!

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr


#3839 nzkiwiman

nzkiwiman

    Posts: 114
    Joined: 03-January 11
    Member: 15123
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Dunedin Toyworld has the new City Construction sets, along with the Monster? sets

#3840 harmacy

harmacy

    Posts: 329
    Joined: 13-October 08
    Member: 4130

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Has any one got any Classic Town sets they would be willing to sell me?? Im looking for anything from 1985 through to 1991, specifically the harbour kits.
PM me if you have something!

Edited by harmacy, 07 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.

UCS does not mean 'Ultimate Collector Series', it means 'Unavoidable Cash Sucker'.


#3841 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2270
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

Any sightings of LOTR?

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr


#3842 Legoman

Legoman

  • Cardman


    Posts: 2578
    Joined: 10-July 05
    Member: 428
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostLegonardo Davidy, on 12 August 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Any sightings of LOTR?

Last I heard it's not arriving until September, but I may be wrong. If I were you I'd import them - mine arrived a month ago and I got them about 35% off NZ RRP  :classic:

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr


#3843 Fatteh

Fatteh

    Posts: 184
    Joined: 11-March 11
    Member: 16517
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostLegoman, on 12 August 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Last I heard it's not arriving until September, but I may be wrong. If I were you I'd import them - mine arrived a month ago and I got them about 35% off NZ RRP  :classic:

Second that.

Also loving Farmers' regular 20% introductory discount on new sets. Not sure if it's a new thing, but it certainly makes early purchasing rather tempting.

#3844 AllanSmith

AllanSmith

    Posts: 556
    Joined: 06-February 07
    Member: 1340
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postharmacy, on 07 August 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Has any one got any Classic Town sets they would be willing to sell me?? Im looking for anything from 1985 through to 1991, specifically the harbour kits.
PM me if you have something!

I have 99% of the Town sets from 1985 to 1991. Am thinking of downsizing my collection to recent LEGO City sets that fit in with my public display. Would be willing to part with them all. How rich are you?  :laugh:

#3845 Fatteh

Fatteh

    Posts: 184
    Joined: 11-March 11
    Member: 16517
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostLegoman, on 12 August 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Last I heard it's not arriving until September, but I may be wrong. If I were you I'd import them - mine arrived a month ago and I got them about 35% off NZ RRP  :classic:

Did you get yours from a retailer, BL or somewhere else? I've been thinking about picking up more LotR sets and should probably shop around for the best deals.

#3846 Legoman

Legoman

  • Cardman


    Posts: 2578
    Joined: 10-July 05
    Member: 428
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostFatteh, on 22 August 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Did you get yours from a retailer, BL or somewhere else? I've been thinking about picking up more LotR sets and should probably shop around for the best deals.

I got mine from Barnes and Noble when they had a deal going - but several places offer them

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr


#3847 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 24-February 09
    Member: 5389

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

any news on the super star destoryer and r2d2 hitting the nz shelves?

#3848 TD1000

TD1000

    Posts: 7
    Joined: 19-January 12
    Member: 24478

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

R2-D2 is now available online from both Toyco and Toyplanet and I've heard it has started showing up in Toyworlds around the country. Not sure about the Super Star Destroyer but I think that one hits shelves here towards the end of September-early October, hope this helps  :classic:

#3849 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 24-February 09
    Member: 5389

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

cool thanks, will have to start going to toyworld

#3850 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2270
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

this may interest some of you

View PostTilly, on 29 August 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Woo finally found series 8 in New Zealand today! Picked up the DJ and the Actor (love both his faces!) Will probably also be picking up at least one santa and maybe the diver.

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users