Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Superheroes 2013 set guessing game.

Hi everyone. I was looking through the LOTR set speculation topic and i decided it might be nice to have a superheroes topic. :classic: . The first round is for the January sets.(keep in mind legos usual patterns and prices)

My predictions are.

Aquaman trapped in ice by freeze being rescued by White batman-£10

Peices-70-110

Figures-White batman, Aquaman, Mr Freeze

Should include an ice block to trap aquaman a brick biult icegun for Freeze and some sort of small transport for batman(buggy?)

Spiderman-Venom persuit-£20

peices-190-210

Figs-Spiderman,Venom,Nick Fury

Should include Small building with spiderman chasing venom and a small vehicle for Nick

Spiderman-Daily Bugle takeover-£40

peices-370-420

Figures-Spiderman,Dr doom,Beetle,J Joanah Jameson,Nova

Should include Small office attached to a hallway with Dr doom kidnapping J Joanah Jameson and nova and Spiderman fighting off Beetle to get in and save him.

TDKR Tumbler chase.-£50

peices-470-520

Figures-TDKR batman, Bane And gordon

Should include Banes tumbler with batmans new power suit thing?

Ultimate Arkham Breakout-£150

peices-1400-1700

Figures-Glider Batman, Robin, Security Guard, Pengie, Scarecrow, Poison ivy, Prison suit joker, Harleen Quinzel (Harley)

Should include A huge open backed building with 3-6 cells.A large watchtower with the bosses office. A medical room with bottles and injections scattered about. Execution tower with electric chair and some skellitons. Secret lair under the asylum were the vilians meet to make plans. Also should have robins bike(Lego Batman 2 version) and A couple of the vilians vehicles for escapeing (Pengies sub?)

I would love to hear what others think so please post any ideas here.

(If possible please include estimated prices and peices :sweet: )

Good ideas, I think the mr freeze one will come with a small bat sled. Also I don't think Lego will include an electricution chair. Also I don't think arkum will be that expensive, also the tumbler will probably be 40.

Good ideas, I think the mr freeze one will come with a small bat sled. Also I don't think Lego will include an electricution chair. Also I don't think arkum will be that expensive, also the tumbler will probably be 40.

I think a batsled is a good guess i would like to see that. Unfortunately you are probably right about the electrecution chair it is a bit grusome for kids :sad: . It is possible arkham will be that price but only time will tell.

Also if the tumbeler is not the £50 set what will be? Every wave has to have a £50 set (two face chase and Hulk Breakout)

Also if the tumbeler is not the £50 set what will be? Every wave has to have a £50 set (two face chase and Hulk Breakout)

I'm guessing the Daily Bugle. Not many waves have $40 sets.

I'm guessing the Daily Bugle. Not many waves have $40 sets.

Thats true. Although it is possible it will be a funhouse size set and that was £40.

Thats true. Although it is possible it will be a funhouse size set and that was £40.

I guess will just have to watch the show!

About the Spidey-Venom set l guess a scene on the daily bugle with venom attacking jona and spidey trying to stop him,what do you guys think?

"Venom Attacks"

Figures :Spiderman,Venom,Jameson

Includes jamesons office or at least some part of the daily bugle building.

Edited by LOTR343

The minifigure guesses seem realistic, I can see Penguin or a few Marvel characters being switched around though. The price points too, I do think that the Daily Bugle especially would probably be a larger set than the Tumbler and that your expectations for Arkham are too big/high. :sceptic:

Good guesses, The Joker1. Here are some thoughts:

Freeze set: I think it will come with a Bat-snowmobile.

Venom set: Could also include Spidey's motorcycle from the show (Cap's Avenging Cycle with Spidey stickers).

Dr. Doom set: With Jameson, a Bugle office would be the logical choice, but somehow I doubt that they would base a set of this size on a newspaper office. Besides, I think in the Ultimate Spiderman show, Jameson runs a TV channel, not a newspaper. And if the Doc Ock set is any indication, TLG is not basing the Spidey sets on episodes from the show, so it's anyone's guess what this set will be. Whatever it is, I hope it will include some brick-built Doombots though!

TDKR set: I don't know what power suit thing you're talking about, but I'm guessing it will include The Bat, Batman's flying vehicle from the movie. Or it could have a SWAT car for Gordon and a motorcycle for Bats.

Arkham: Like others, I don't think the set will be that large. I'm imagining/hoping it to be similar to the Vampyre Castle from Monster Fighters and only include one or two vehicles, just like the old Arkham. And I don't think Robin's bike will look like the one in the videogame, mainly since this is Red Robin and the color scheme wouldn't match the character. And there's no water around Arkham (except the sewers, which I doubt they'll include) so I think Pengy's sub is unlikey. I also think that the execution room is unlikely. Maybe it will include a room with a chair and a couch for Harley to try to treat Joker. Either way, there are a lot of possibilities for this set, but ultimately, I just hope it wont be such a disappointment like this year's Batcave. :sadnew:

Some good guesses, although what needs to be answered is if they are splitting the wave with Marvel & DC (5 sets + 1 exclusive) or if each subtheme will get its own wave. Now, if each subtheme gets its own wave that would leave alot of missing sets and figs possibly. But if the wave is split, then we could only be missing the exclusive set. Also if the DKR set is released this or next month, that would leave open another spot for the January wave.

It is possible Aquaman could get lumped with Batman, but I am not ruling out a set of his own with a new villain. Next, I wonder if the Arkham set is inspired/based on the popular video game? Arctic Batman could either be with Mr. Freeze or The Penguin.

My predictions:

- Aquaman vs new villain. (Special edition set)

- Arctic Batman vs Penguin & his submarine with new penguin molds that will also appear in the 2013 Polar Explorer theme.

- Arkham City set includes Winged Batman, Hooded Robin, Nurse Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze, Joker in jumpsuit, Security Guard & Scarecrow. (7 figs would be a very large set)

- DKR Set includes Batman, Bane, Gordon and some combination of these vehicles (The Bat, Tumbler or Batpod), if smaller, in the $50-60 range, I would say Bane's Tumbler & the Batpod.

The last two sets would involve the Marvel stuff with the Ultimate Spiderman figs.

My predictions:

- Aquaman vs new villain. (Special edition set)

Like the superman vs lex set, it will be aquaman vs his arch enemy. I did some research on google and found out that is Black Manta.

Like the superman vs lex set, it will be aquaman vs his arch enemy. I did some research on google and found out that is Black Manta.

Black manta eh. sounds interesting. Does this mean you think their are still more january figures yet to be revealed? I was thinking the ones shown will be the full set.

@Iron mac

I like your pengie sub idea. I would love to see some new penguin moulds.

@Oky

Spiderman cycle? are there any photos of it. I thought only figures were revealled-no veicles or sets?

(I didnt realise the batman veicle was called the bat and could fly. In this picture it looks like it has legs.)

Bat thingy.

- Arctic Batman vs Penguin & his submarine with new penguin molds that will also appear in the 2013 Polar Explorer theme.

Love your ideas, but i just can't buy the idea that Arctic Batman doesn't pair up with Mr. Freeze. I'm guessing you swap him & the Penguin, who will be busting the Joker out of AA.

It's also worth noting that we need to account for all of the typical price points. Robin might show up on his own $10 set for all we know...?

Now perhaps we'll get another set like the funhouse escape with The Joker and The Riddler.....The Penguin and Mr Freeze battling Aquaman and Arctic Batman....just a thought. :wink:

Keep in mind, I haven't seen the Spider-man Cartoon, and don't know much about Marvel in general. These are just wild guesses.

$12.99 - Spider-man and some sort of bike or small car vs. Venom

$19.99 - Arctic Batman in Batsled vs. Mr. Freeze in a small snowmobile

$29.99 - Spider-man, Nick Fury in a flying craft vs. Beetle

$34.99 - Batman and Batboat (from the new video game) vs. Penguin's Submarine

$49.99 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman and the BAT, + Commissioner Gordon vs. Bane in stolen SWAT van.

$49.99 - Daily Bugle interior - Spider-man and Nova rescue J. Jonah Jamison from Doctor Doom

$69.99 - Arkham Asylum - Winged Batman + Robin on his Motorcycle. Guard Tower w/ security guard. Room where Joker "seduces" (I know they wouldn't put it that way in a 7-14 set lol)., Scarecrow's fear gas lab. Poison Ivy in a greenhouse area.

Edited by Drock

Keep in mind, I haven't seen the Spider-man Cartoon, and don't know much about Marvel in general. These are just wild guesses.

$49.99 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman and the BAT, + Commissioner Gordon vs. Bane in stolen SWAT van.

$49.99 - Daily Bugle interior - Spider-man and Nova rescue J. Jonah Jamison from Doctor Doom

$69.99 - Arkham Asylum - Winged Batman + Robin on his Motorcycle. Guard Tower w/ security guard. Room where Joker "seduces" (I know they wouldn't put it that way in a 7-14 set lol)., Scarecrow's fear gas lab. Poison Ivy in a greenhouse area.

I really think you have somthing here. :thumbup: I would gladly hand over my money to lego for these sets. (the only thing is where does aquaman fit in?) Otherwise great ideas :classic:

Sounds pretty legit to me. :sweet:

DC

Arkham Asylum- Joker, Scarecrow and Batman in black suit(wings) £60-70

Mr Freeze pursuit(?)- Mr Freeze and White Batman. Some sort of underwater or ice vehicle. £20

Aquaman set(Obviously not a good set name)- Aquaman vs The Penguin in his submarine £20

Tumbler- Tumbler 'batmobile' with Bane, Batman with dark grey suit and Commissioner Gordon

Marvel

(I haven't seen Ultimate Spiderman)

Daily Bugle attack- Smallest set, table with newspapers Jonah Jameson, Spiderman and Beetle £10

Some sort of big set with Nick Fury, Spiderman, Nova, Venom and Dr.Doom. Since it has 3 heroes in it probably a S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters £70-80

I am very dubious over the big Marvel set as I think it has too many iconic characters in one set, maybe Venom would be in a £20 set so everyone will buy it (Affordable) like the Deadpool set.

I'd love to see another Arkham Asylum set. Perhaps a LEGO exclusive set in 2012, something like Diagon Alley? That's be awesome.

I can definitely see the white Batman being paired up with Mr. Freeze and the Penguin. It could maybe come with a Bat Sled and some other type of vehicle for the villains.

I'm guessing the price point would be around $20 U.S. dollars.

I think that maybe Batman, and Penguin maybe in the same set together. In some sort of Batboat vs sub. I still am sure that Lego are keeping some figs secret. It would be a bit lame if Lego give us a TDKR set with Batman, Gordon and Bane but no Catwoman. Maybe the mould wasn't ready? Any way I'm positive in that set we will get a camp Tumbler and 'The Bat' with maybe a Cop car or SWAT Van. If Carwomen is secretly in that set then a Batpod as well.

Spiderman cycle? are there any photos of it. I thought only figures were revealled-no veicles or sets?

(I didnt realise the batman veicle was called the bat and could fly. In this picture it looks like it has legs.)

Bat thingy.

No, but it's a recurring vehicle from the cartoon, and seeing how much TLG loves motorbikes, I wouldn't be surprised if they included one. Cap's bike with a reverse color scheme is just my guess of how it would look. You can see it in

As for the Bat, no, those aren't legs, they're turbines, and you can clearly see it flying over a building in

. Sorry if I spoiled anything. :look:

Batman vs Mr Freeze - agreed with some of the above speculation. It will include an Alpha Team style freeze block. I am thinking we may see the Bat Boat in this one. After all it involves Aquaman? Probably the $29 or $19 set. 3 figs, 1 smaller vehicle in the same pattern as the Wolverine set and the Cosmic Cube one.

TDKR set - Bane, DK batman, Comissioner Gordon, SWAT guy, probably a SWAT truck. Maybe either the Tumbler or a bat vehicle? (or Tumbler vs Batpod?). Will be at least a $49 set. Probably more if it has a Tumbler.

Spidey vs Venom - Another lower cost set. Venom, Spiderman, Nick Fury. A single vehicle. Maybe we finally get a Shield flying car?

Spidey vs Doom - TV studio set on the same basic scale as the Helicarrier. That same center with two angled wings we keep seeing in recent years. Spidey, Doom, Beetle, Jameson, Nova. $49 set.

Arkham Asylum - The waves bigger $99 set. As someone above said, something on about the scale as the Vampires Castle. So large open backed building or towers, plus a vehicle. Vehicle will probably be Robin centric as Batman will have the flight wings.