TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Draphim the Dragonborn

New year, new MOC. Basically I just had an idea involving using parts from the Smaug bigfig and it turned into this guy. Meet Draphim the Dragonborn:

24081486502_6671b27f20_z.jpg

draphim_front_view_150px.jpgdraphim_side_view_150px.jpgdraphim_back_view_150px.jpg

(click the pics for higher resolutions!)

Not much to say about this guy really, except that he is an anthro dragon warrior that utilises parts from the Smaug bigfig. Plus I wanted to use that awesome printed Ninjago dragon shield piece and try some new torso and leg constructs. I also learnt that small Technic panels really work wonders for filling out arms where they use just a single bone to avoid them becoming flat. I think he came out really well, and I'm really pleased with the shield construct in particular.

As always, comments and constructive criticism appreciated :sweet:

Oh my word.. epic use of the gold flame pieces. Those legs are double the thickness, how do you do that sorcery?

Whoa. An impressive use of Smaug's head and wings, well done! And with those edges, that shield could be a weapon of its own... :grin:

Thanks! Indeed, it could. The edges of the shield were a last minute addition to make the shield match Draphim more.

Oh my word.. epic use of the gold flame pieces. Those legs are double the thickness, how do you do that sorcery?

Thanks! The legs use a similar concept to the General Grievous constraction figure with 2 bones side by side connected by Technic liftarms, but Draphim's legs are built quite differently.