OKAY here are the final pictures for my entry, the rest of this thread is dedicated to the developement of & making of my water jeep.

Water Jeep is made COMPLETELY out of TECHNIC lego, no lego city parts included as the contest is to cross the technic sea not the lego city sea!

entry01.jpg

entry02.jpg

entry03.jpg

entry04.jpg

entry05.jpg

entry06.jpg

entry07.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

##############################################################################################################################################

####################### ALL BELOW HERE IS THE DEVELOPEMENT AND MAKING OF RODEOWN WATER JEEP ############################################

##############################################################################################################################################

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought i would put in some pictures of where i am up too with my creation for the contest, not sure i will get it finished in time as i am waiting for parts, need some frames for a good looking build. This has been great fun so far and has been a "in at the deep end" trial for me as i am very new to this Technic lego, just working out how to connect beams from one angle to another in limited space has been hard at times and lacking the essential parts is also another stumbling block for me.

Anyway, to my entry so far, this is by no way finished and needs lots of work yet, it is a 4 wheel jeep type vehicle that can lift all 4 wheels up to a 90 degree angle tucking them into the vehicle body to allow it to cross the Technic Sea in style. If i had known how hard this was going to be i would have chosen something else but i am always up for a challenge. Even if i dont get it finished for the comp deadline i will carry on working on it just for the pleasure and challenge it provides.

Here is the main chassis

mocamphib01.jpg

here it is with wheels folded up

mocamphib02.jpg

I will post a video of it in action later, just rendering it at the moment.

I like it a lot, looking forward to seeing the body style you have planned

Lol at the moment i havent even considered what body style i am going to do as i need to get all the mechanics working correct on it first. :tongue:

A couple more pictures, put on a propellor screw and rudders and mech to make rudders work,

also put the controls at drivers position for wheel lift and steering, added some body to front to

see what it may look like.

mocamphib03.jpg

mocamphib04.jpg

Looks great so far! What does the motor drive? I assume the propeller?

tim

Yes that is correct it powers the propeller, i was going to motorize the drive and the propellor and the wheel lift and steering but i dont have infra red controls or rc controls so that went out the window, I dont think my parts will come in time so i will just battle on with what i have and try to make a complete model with manual controls.

That is a really nice car that you have there.

Also your idea for the suspension is very inventive,

like you said, it will be very usefull for smaller cars.

Tibivi

I have a large lack of useful parts to create the exterior of my Moc water car,

I only have 3 lego technic sets so I am struggling with colours and pieces.

Hope this is taken into account when you you judge my entry.... I am not happy with the colours or design at rear

but am having to make do with what i have at present. :sceptic:

well here are some more pictures

I hate that i have to mount the battery box on the rear but i dont have room inside due to the wheels retracting they need the space.

waterjeep01.jpg

close up of cabin showing rudder lever to right... and yes it works.

waterjeep02.jpg

another view showing the sloping sides, i was trying to get the look of those all wooden excecutive boats.....FAILED!

waterjeep03.jpg

here we have the propeller screw in action.

waterjeep04.jpg

wheels folded up

waterjeep05.jpg

another wheel up shot

waterjeep06.jpg

this is to show what it looks like with battery box removed.... as i intended it

waterjeep07.jpg

and with wheels up and no battery box.

waterjeep08.jpg

Hang on till i remove my sunglasses.........................thats better,Looks good,could you extend the back of it or remove those over hanging lift arms?:sweet:

Hang on till i remove my sunglasses.........................thats better,Looks good,could you extend the back of it or remove those over hanging lift arms?:sweet:

Which lift arms do you mean? the ones under the battery box were just to support the box, i didnt have any smaller ones left lol or do you mean the Rudders that stick out at rear, they are supposed to stick out?

the only other arms are the ones at the bottom each side which i need to build up to meet the grey rear panel and i need to put some lights on the rear too. :sweet:

Oh those are the rudders,you might want to leave them then.:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Looks great. Colors dont really matter, its the mechanical part that counts :wink: . Will you make a video?

tim

Looks great. Colors dont really matter, its the mechanical part that counts :wink: . Will you make a video?

tim

I have worked on the colours some and changed a few things now ( i raided my plow truck for parts )

& yes i will be making a video.

changed the mud guards and the battery box moved to cockpit,

also changed the side panels and added a fishing rod for catching fish whilst on the technic sea,

Well we gotta eat! oh also added a spare tyre and roll cage.

waterjeep09.jpg

waterjeep10.jpg

waterjeep11.jpg

waterjeep12.jpg

Thanks for all the comments, I am still working on this and today did some more alterations.

the front was bugging me it was more car than boat so i have rebuilt it with a more boat like front.

also removed all the red beams to make it more pleasing on the eyes, added some lights to the front,

also lifted the back of the bonnet(hood) up one stud to give it a more stylish look.

hopes you like it now.

waterjeep13.jpg

oh here is a picture of the underside aswell, just realised i had not shown the underneath before now.

waterjeep14.jpg

waterjeep15.jpg