Sign in to follow this  
Adrian86

[MOC/MOD] Imperial Colony "Port Marché Mediéval"

During the last two weeks I built this little port here. In fact I finally got around to create a comprehensive setting for some of my favourite sets. As you can clearly see this isn´t really a MOC as the landscape is build around the Medieval Market Village (10193), the town hall from Town Set (10184), the Soldier´s Fort (6242), Kraken Attackin´ (6240), Loot Island (6241), the bridge from Venice Canal Chase (7197) and the Imperial Flagship (10210).

My intention was to create a nice display for these sets with a few little MOCs thrown inbetween.

So here it is, my first big diorama. The rough piece count is about 6000.

When the weather and lightning gets better I´ll take more pictures.

1-7.jpg

The Port itself with Imperial Flagship.

DSCN1190.jpg

It´s quite a busy little port, although the little fisherman seems to have quite a good time.

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

The pirate´s on the left are surely enjoying their life on the beach.

DSCN1174.jpg

The local troops get ready for the Admiral´s upcoming visit.

DSCN1178.jpg

Even this lonesome Bluecoat officer gets ready.

DSCN1182.jpg

This little port village is full of merchants...

DSCN1183.jpg

... and other strange people.

DSCN1185.jpg

Hopefully he won´t loose another part of his body in this fight.

DSCN1189.jpg

This friendly guy brings new supplies for the pirate´s party on the beach.

DSCN1193.jpg

Last preparations in the village, everything has to be clean.

DSCN1194.jpg

The Admiral´s private stuff is already getting brought to his local rooms.

DSCN1173.jpg

Maybe someday somebody will explore the hidden secrets of the jungle.

DSCN1195.jpg

The Admiral´s wife and daughter are so happy to see him again. Well, his wife actually looks a bit angry.

DSCN1198.jpg

One last look into the great freedom.

DSCN1199.jpg

The Imperial Flagship has arrived.

Thank you very much for looking!

I am in love with this, there is so much going on! You don't have to create your own designs to make a fantastic setup.

This definitely deserves a spot on the front page of classic-pirates.com

Look for it very soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edit; like right now :pir_yoda:

This is really awesome! I absolutely LOVE how you mixed together the Medieval Market with the other Pirate sets. Great Job! :thumbup:

Really cool set. It would even fit in a LEGO convention or museum. A nice balance of structures, water, and vegetation/beach. The excellent diversity of small sub-scenes really make this one stand out. There isn't a single corner in this MOC that doesn't have a little story to tell of it's own; even the islander in his hidden cave in the jungle fits perfectly into this mini-world. The cool selection and diversity of different colors also makes this very realistic looking. I'm giving it five out of five sharks!

:shark: :shark: :shark: :shark: :shark:

Edited by Cherno

I usually prefer MOC's, but I like this MOD as well. You assembled the sets in a great way and your choice of minifigs is also good.

And there are some nice scenes going on.

I only think the fisherman is a bit out of place because he looks too modern. But that's just a very small detail.

Good job over all.

Really a nice diorama. It's a joy to look through the details, at it's a good mix of the MOC landscape with the official sets. And I think the town hall fits quite well into the town, maybe as the colonial government? - I agree with Admiral Croissant that the fisherman is too modern in his look. I just can say :thumbup:

Thank you so much for all these kind replies! I think I will rework the fisherman to make him a bit more period correct.

To use the town hall as the colonial government house was exactly my thought. To me the style of this building just screamed for it.

The creation of all those little scenes was something I really enjoyed, there even more hidden in this setup and I hope to take some good pictures of them in the next days. To me those little scenes really bring a setup to life and I´m very glad that you all enjoy them.

Big Cam, thanks a lot for blogging it on classic-pirates.com it´s really an honour for me!

Looks cool, but a bit chaotic. I think one can add more new homemade parts to this work.

I wouldn't never have thought to mix all these sets, just genius!

Love the fact that there are stories to be seen all over your moc.

Bart

Here are some new pictures!

DSCN1242.jpg

Our little party of Pirates got joined buy a famous wannabe-pirate who is telling them over and over about his great adventure that has something to do with monkeys... Can you tell who I tried to recreate?

DSCN1244.jpg

DSCN1245.jpg

It looks like this unlucky fellow here found the old hidden jungle temple, but it isn´t as abandoned as he thought.

DSCN1246.jpg

The little fisherman here finally good some period correct clothes.

DSCN1250.jpg

So close but so far... maybe someone on the flagship will spot and rescue him.

DSCN1252.jpg

But he has a pretty partner on his little island.

DSCN1258.jpg

What is he doing here in the Caribbean? Maybe it has something to do with the old temple hidden in the jungle.

DSCN1264.jpg

DSCN1267.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

Cannons, every colony should have some.

DSCN1278.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Some more pictures are on my MOCpages!

I like the way you used all of these sets to actually build a big one.

But palm trees don't grow on the walls :pir-tongue: i would remove them, it makes the port also a lot clearer

Greetz Bjornu

Thanks! I´m currently reworking parts of it to make space for the PotC sets. I´ve never thought much about the palm tree placement since the square base always looked okay for me on "stone" grounds. But I see your point.