Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] The Bat-Wing Fighter

indexed.gif

First off, mad props to Oky and his Super Wars theme. This is only slightly influenced by that. After Bruce Skywalker's aunt and uncle are killed by the evil Darth Joker, Bruce learns the ways of the Force and becomes the Bat Knight, vowing to fight crime across the galaxy and destroy the evil Empire!

wing1.jpg

I was looking at the new Batwing set and thought that how the wings fold open reminded me of the X-Wing and BAM, this happened.

wing2.jpg

Similar to most Batwings, I wanted mine to look like the Bat symbol from an overhead view. I like how the cannon tips resemble a bat's claws.

wing3.jpg

Bruce Skywalker AKA the Bat Knight and his trusty sidekick, the Droid Wonder, R0-B1-N!

wing4.jpg

I do plan on revisiting this theme in the future. I'll probably build Darth Joker's Bow-TIE Fighter. :laugh: Let me know what you think!

Not lost in the wrong forum as i thought at first glance, but actually a really nice cross-over! Nice work incorporating elements from both the X-Wing and the Batwing in this model. Too bad you weren't able to match the lightsaber blade to the color scheme, as far as i know it's still not available in trans-yellow.

The high quality of this creation does make me very curious to see what you're gonna make of the proposed Bow-TIE Fighter!

Dang that's a very cool cross moc. It does look like a bat shaped ship and also familiar to SW fan as X-Wing fighter.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

His trusty sidekick, the Droid Wonder, R0-B1-N!

I burst out laughing at this. (A pretty bad thing in public.) Nice MOC, you don't disappoint! I really like this cross over. Great job!

Greatest crossover MOC ever 'MOOD' :excited: , and the customs rock.....cool to see the Joker as a Sith Lord then ! :laugh:

AWESOME fusion of Bat-Wing and X-Wing.....it's almost too much.....I :wub: it ! :sweet:

Very cool idea and excellently executed as always! I am also intrigued as to the Bow-Tie Fighter, I can't wait to see that :classic:

This ship is gorgeous and I love the characters too! Great attention to the details of the ship as always! Best cross over I’ve ever seen. Magnificent work MOOD! :wub::thumbup::thumbup:

I suppose given the new Batwing and the way the wings work, this should've been an obvious crossover. You handled it very well and added a good bit of X-Wing. I can't help but see too much Bat Wing in the front. Maybe give it an X-Wing length nose in black? I love the ship, though. You definitely get the X-Wing feel in the back with the engines and greebley bit on the back. Nice job, I like you Bat Knight fig, too! :thumbup:

Thanks, everybody! Glad you like this as much as I do. :classic:

I suppose given the new Batwing and the way the wings work, this should've been an obvious crossover. You handled it very well and added a good bit of X-Wing. I can't help but see too much Bat Wing in the front. Maybe give it an X-Wing length nose in black? I love the ship, though. You definitely get the X-Wing feel in the back with the engines and greebley bit on the back. Nice job, I like you Bat Knight fig, too! :thumbup:

I actually was planning on giving this the extended nose like an X-wing, but it would have looked like a bat with a giraffe's neck from the top view. :laugh:

An imaginative crossover :thumbup:. Are you sure Vader is crazy enough for the Joker? Wouldn't Palps be a better choice?

Wow, very nice, Mood! I'm happy to have inspired such an excellent crossover MOC! :sweet: It has a good amount of features from both vehicles. However, I agree with Legocrazy81 that the nose should be longer. The Batwing in the Animated Series had a relatively long nose too, so I don't see anything wrong with extending the one on your MOC. :wink:

And yes, please do make a Bow-Tie Advanced for Darth Joker! :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Oh that awesome and I want one! God I hope lego starts a Bat Wars crossover theme! Now alway we need is a Joker Tie Fighter!

Wow, very nice, Mood! I'm happy to have inspired such an excellent crossover MOC! :sweet: It has a good amount of features from both vehicles. However, I agree with Legocrazy81 that the nose should be longer. The Batwing in the Animated Series had a relatively long nose too, so I don't see anything wrong with extending the one on your MOC. :wink:

And yes, please do make a Bow-Tie Advanced for Darth Joker! :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, Oky! Glad you like it and thanks for the blog. :sweet:

An imaginative crossover :thumbup:. Are you sure Vader is crazy enough for the Joker? Wouldn't Palps be a better choice?

If I had to match up the characters, Luke would not be Batman, but I was basing the characters off of the vehicle combinations. Joker and Palpy would definately be a better match-up.

If I had to match up the characters, Luke would not be Batman, but I was basing the characters off of the vehicle combinations. Joker and Palpy would definately be a better match-up.

I see :classic:.

This would be a cool contest idea!

I really like it! Great job :sweet:

So, how 'bout it, admins? A Super Wars contest in the near future? :wink: