Mestari

[MOC] Modular Train Station with Warehouse

I have some difficulties in placing this topic in correct section. Should it be Trains? On the other hand it is supposed to work in a modular town, that's why I put it in Town.

This is my biggest creation so far. Actually those are two modulars designed to be placed together on a display. The depth is 48 studs instead of regular 32 because of tracks and platform. I decided it was unrealistic to stick to 32 and still have decent building.

Anyway, on with presentation :)

DSC09066.jpg

What I hope is apparent from the picture above is that I incorporated some lights into these structures. The old 9V battery box is in the warehouse and gives power to all six pairs of lights (2x 9V in warehouse and 4x PF in station). There is also old style 9V switch that controls turning lights on and off without the need to reach for the battery box (black switch on the side of the warehouse).

Before I show you the warehouse let's have a look at the platform:

DSC09054.jpg

The warehouse:

DSC09062.jpg

DSC09061.jpg

This is how the electric parts are distributed in the warehouse. You can also see the inside with some pallets and a cupboard for employees.

DSC09074.jpg

Now, let's have a look at the station building:

DSC09067.jpg

First - the roof. This is where I put all the lights that go with the station. This is how it looks like from the underside:

DSC09071.jpg

That's 4 pairs of PF lights, one PF extension cable and one 9V cable to provide easy to disconnect outlet.

The station itself has some nice flowers on the front, benches for passengers, some roof over the platform and a phone booth. That's what you could already see from the outside. So let's have a look inside :)

DSC09083.jpg

There is a bit o a stir at the moment because of some careless passenger. Don't worry - this is being cleaned as we speak :)

Looking from the front of the station you have confectionery that sells ice cream too and on the right your typical railway station fast food stand (with microwave in case your yesterday pizza is cold! :D)

DSC09081.jpg

Looking from the platform side on the left there are some tables belonging to the restaurant, ticket booth and some waiting area. On the right there is an obligatory public toilet :), two gaming machines and luggage deposit lockers.

DSC09075.jpg

If you wonder how it looks in town - its natural environment - here are just a couple of pictures:

DSC09033.jpg

DSC09038.jpg

DSC09001.jpg

sDSC08018.jpg

Full gallery is available as always on my Bricksafe:

http://bricksafe.com...-with-warehouse

Great station! Nice architecture as well as nice interior! Only the platform could be a bit longer - at least when there's enough space for that.

Amazing build, so many nice details. What I like the most is that it is not overly complicated and it has a nice TLG city feel to it. Well done!

What a great build! Great details throughout. I especially like the flowers along the track. Thanks for taking the time to show us how you worked the lights onto it.

Great work! I love modular buildings that aren't just big buildings! This has real personality.

Fantastic creation, great work.

Love the details in the interiors and the lights give an aditional "glow" to the moc.

Using 48x instead of 32x was a great day

Congratulations

This is what I think is a picturesque lego train station. Fantastic work!

*As a side note, do you know who built the PKP pendolino train?

Very impressive.

May I ask how you did the station's glass awning over the platform?

Thank you! The awning is dead simple - it is built sideways and has those clips at the end: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2555#T=C

On the other end from the roof side there are a couple of those: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60478#T=C

Those clips are the only way of connecting the awning to the building. It then rests on reddish brown pillars.

This is what I think is a picturesque lego train station. Fantastic work!

*As a side note, do you know who built the PKP pendolino train?

Thank you as well :)

The Pendolino was build by another LUGPol member: Mateusz92.

Here is his flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72932485@N03/albums

There is no Pendolino yet, because it is still a WIP.

Well done!! I have been hoping for TLG to release a proper train station, theres a great one on Idea's right now that I hope gets the final approval but yours fits in better with a smaller town as the other is more a city feel. I really like how your entire build is very clean and thoughtful throughout. The little details like the spill on the floor, generator in the warehouse, and all the lights which really make it pop. The only thing I would add to it is a prellblock where the fire has broken out, this would "cap" the line and make it much more realistic instead of the track just ending next to the warehouse. I completely agree with the 48 stud depth as anything less wouldn't allow for a true station. Look forward to seeing your next build.

Very cool and I like how true to real life you made it. Has a very vibrant feel to it also. The lighting is really spectacular and especially makes a nice night feel to it.

Great work, I like the small warehouse which gives the scene a very nice additional touch. The station itself is charming with an immediate Italian village feeling, lots of interesting details. I like the front with the entrance area and the glass awning on the platform with wood beams is lovely.

Thank you! The awning is dead simple - it is built sideways and has those clips at the end: http://www.bricklink...page?P=2555#T=C

On the other end from the roof side there are a couple of those: http://www.bricklink...age?P=60478#T=C

Those clips are the only way of connecting the awning to the building. It then rests on reddish brown pillars.

Ah, yes, I see now. I should have examined the photo of the roof's underside more closely. Thank you.

I really do think that you did an exceptional job.

Looks amazing! Very neat and naturalistic looking build. Lovely interior too :classic::thumbup:

The only thing I would add to it is a prellblock where the fire has broken out, this would "cap" the line and make it much more realistic instead of the track just ending next to the warehouse.

Yes, that would be good, but I didn't know the tracks would be there until just before the exhibition. The tracks where laid there in addition to where I planned them. This was done to show some side-track activity as well. On the next exhibition that will take place in Poland, Jordanów in September 20-21, it may again be a completely different layout. By the way - this will be the last exhibition for this train station. I will dismantle it afterwards. Next year I want to have new station :)

This is a very nice build. I'd love to have a train station like that in a town layout.