Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[Challenge 2] [Category C] - Berthing Brouhaha

Challenge 2: Category C

// PERSONAL DIARY //

In addition to flying a Mosquito, Dr. Long had requested that I go with ED-208 on one of our heavy hauler vessels during a trip near the core of Andromeda as we continue to monitor the situation. Understandably, she wished to have a top tier scientist available should the crew of the ship encounter anything out of the ordinary that required study.

Upon my arrival the crew was surprised to learn that I would be going with them. I informed them that Dr. Long must have told them about my mission, but they insisted they were unaware. Clearly not all of our crews are performing up to the typical top notch Octan standards. They tried to explain that there simply wasn't room on board for extra people (I didn't correct them to say person and robot), that this was a cargo ship and not some luxury cruiser, but I informed them that if Dr. Long wanted me on this ship that I would be on this ship. The captain clearly didn't want to talk to Dr. Long, knowing she would chide him for his poor performance and failure to read his messages. I happily suggested that they address their failure to adhere to Octan regulations so that these sorts of problems wouldn't present themselves in the future.

The crew had a brief meeting on the other side of the room to try and figure out a solution. After a couple minutes the captain informed me that they had come up with a berthing as per required by Octan corporate specifications and that a junior officer would show it to me. I told him that would do and that I was glad he was able to resolve the matter.

Upon being shown to my "berthing" I was quite ... aghast. The junior officer who showed us to it left quickly and wouldn't even look at me. ED-208 said he would stay outside during our journey, but I told him that no one had studied the effect of gate travel on robots outside the confines of a ship. He said he'd risk it. I told him that I couldn't lose him and that he was to report to the bridge and alert me immediately of any anomalies. I'm not sure, given that he is a robot, but he seemed happy that I'd ordered him to stay on the bridge.

20174310315_039b85ff51_c.jpg

As I lay on my cot and listened to all the various machinery noises around me I wondered what we would find when we reached the disturbances in the core. I hoped it would prove scientifically interesting and that perhaps it would present an opportunity for me to collaborate in person with Dr. Long. What an exciting possibility!

Extra pics:

20148034136_e86d617a53_c.jpg

20166190362_88a9dddbd3_c.jpg

19986240218_c26e9d0ee1_c.jpg

Very nice interior! Looks like the AG equivalent to sleeping in the stables... :laugh:

i think you have too many colors fighting against each other here. if you stick to a single greebling color, it helps the depth and texture of the greebles stand out more. the lay out of the scene is good