This time I present to you the epic story of a tractor I fell in love with (even though it's not perfect), a hamster having a bath and one mean turkey.

But seriously, that thing makes 42056 look ugly.

Pros:

- real beauty, IMHO can rival the 42056 Porsche

- excellent big new tires, exquisite stickers

- great modding material thanks to standarized PTOs; you can make custom attachments for it

- brilliant steering system and cabin rotation mechanism

- best source of new and recent pieces in this price range

- reasonably priced for a set with PF and many new pieces

- very easy to control

- lime is love, lime is life :wub:

Cons:

- the cabin and the hood are pretty flimsy

- no actual B-model, just another attachment instead

- very complex internal construction and steering system leave little room to mod the actual tractor

- only one attachment with motorized functions

- the crane seems rather crude compared to the tractor and can barely lift anything

Great review! Do the new tires stick to the rims unlink the 9398 ones?

Thank you for a great review! It confirms my desire to get this set.

Andy D

Oh my. Your reviews blow me away every time, Sariel. The lighting, photography, angles, competence and humour are ambrosial. As for the set, this - to me - is the real highlight of the year. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Do the new tires stick to the rims unlink the 9398 ones?

They seem to stick pretty well, but that may be just them being new.

Your reviews blow me away every time, Sariel. The lighting, photography, angles, competence and humour are ambrosial.

Thank you, there's a lot of hard work in there (and recent investment in a set of softboxes and a new editing software). I actually think I might have made this video too bright. I'll experiment more when filming the 42053.

I really wanna get my hands on 8 of those tires, though they will cost a lot on BL. :sceptic: maybe more sets will use them along with the Porsche tires.

That's it, I'm completely sold! Before watching the review I'm still pondering, but now I'm sure I'll buy this set together with Volvo and skip the 42055.

Fantastic work as usual Sariel. This set just looks great, but that crane is plain ugly and isn't even functional. I think I prefer the B model here. Two questions. That HOG seems really awkward, is there any way to make it vertical? Also do you think one could add differentials in the axles while keeping the steering geometry?

Great review, as always. The model is amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

What is the price for UK?

Edited by GI_Jack

This looks to be the best technic set in this wave, and damn I really want it. I might end up ending my dark age and caving. It's beautiful!

Yes please!! Having not long ago finished 42043 to fill in time until this set is released, I am anticipating the arrival of this set on the shelves. I have been told it will retail for NZ$300. Excite! Really keen to create a different implement/s for it. Never watched one of your reviews Sariel but I thoroughly enjoyed. Kudos to you for a job well done!

Thanks for the great review, I am now 100% convinced that I simply require this set and it's fantastic tires. Even the rims come in a great color, can't wait to see the pure Lego (excluding SBrick and BuWizz) off-roaders that will result from these!

Incredible review. Truly a must have set. More than one likely as it's an excellent parts pack for future builds. Once again, Sariel, you knock it out of the park.

What I love about your reviews is that I can make myself a cup of tea, sit down on my sofa, relax and enjoy the video. It's more than just a review to me, it's a nice relaxing event after a busy day.

You bring up a good point about the crane, IIRC the prelim images had the model with a much better crane but somehow they decided against it. I'm thinking it has to do with the maximum weight those PTOs can handle.. because other than that it doesn't really make any sense.

Am I the only one who, after watching Sariel's reviews of both BWE and Claas, is now more excited about the Claas and lost quite some interest in the BWE?

Am I the only one who, after watching Sariel's reviews of both BWE and Claas, is now more excited about the Claas and lost quite some interest in the BWE?

Nop ,you're not.For me it seems that the BWE is hood for making your parts collection bigger,the Claas is a very good set for building and enjoying it

From the beginning this was the most interesting set, and we are not disappointed. The steering system seems quite robust, they doubled the linkages connecting the two sides on both axles. I don't think it's possible to fit a differential anywhere there without making unacceptable sacrifices (for example big backlash all around the steering parts.)

I don't think I need this set, nor I have the space, but I think I'm going to get it anyway... Will be hard to justify.

Edited by Lipko

No, I dont think the Class is that interesting or as good value. Although I do like the wheels

Yes please!! Having not long ago finished 42043 to fill in time until this set is released, I am anticipating the arrival of this set on the shelves. I have been told it will retail for NZ$300. Excite! Really keen to create a different implement/s for it. Never watched one of your reviews Sariel but I thoroughly enjoyed. Kudos to you for a job well done!

You rather order it now from Toyco since they have a sale on the preorder for $255...

Edited by Kendo12

Excellent review, This Tractor looks well made. The steering system functions is amazing. At first the tires on this tractor I couldn't even believe it was LEGO. This would be a good set to have just alone for the tires and lime green parts. Nice work on traveling into the future and getting your hand on this set.

Well what ever ones opinion on the Porsche is, there's no denying that this has been a great year for Technic fans... if not a potentially very expensive year :blush: