Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Hounds Tooth

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Greetings fellow Eurobrickers! I've had this creation of mine sitting here for a while, and, I just got Flickr, so what better way to celebrate then to post my new (old) MOC!

I present...

star_wars_002.jpg

The Hounds Tooth!

There are a lot of really neat functions and design techniques, so I urge you guys to check out my (new) flickr account for all the pictures!

Happy Building!

And yes, I did break apart my MTT to make this, and yes I did keep the break away walls, and I would be okay with getting criticism!

Well my first reactions was, 'Oh, an MTT alternate model!'. :laugh:

Looks pretty good. The one thing that really bugs me is how the shapes don't seem to flow, if you can say that for a ship that should look blocky like this. Like you ran out of brown slopes in areas and had to use bricks in combination with slopes instead. Not bad, though. :classic:

Oh, and clean off that dusty LEGO before KimT sees it. :wink:

Very interesting conversion of the MTT to this bounty hunter ship for Bossk. Was this is in anyway inspired by the CW episode about the Trandoshans? I really like the various features that you've put in this build - the prisoner cage, the nicely-done interior details, the gunner's station, and even the inclusion of a small speeder bike - these really make this a very playable MOC. Very good job! :thumbup:

Well my first reactions was, 'Oh, an MTT alternate model!'. :laugh:

Looks pretty good. The one thing that really bugs me is how the shapes don't seem to flow, if you can say that for a ship that should look blocky like this. Like you ran out of brown slopes in areas and had to use bricks in combination with slopes instead. Not bad, though. :classic:

Oh, and clean off that dusty LEGO before KimT sees it. :wink:

Yeah, I knew many would thing that, but I'll have you know that the only parts that are the same is the base and the breakaway doors, and I guess the loading fucnction, other then that, it was all my idea, more or less.

And I agree that the shape isn't perfect, but I think it would be accurate enought given the ship is basically more or less a brown box. And I was running very low on brown parts, so I'll admit I would've done things a little differently given more parts, But I think I did pretty well, considering I only have around ten brown parts left, one being a house door, and two being railings from the desert skiff set.

And my lego isn't that dusty, I did say this was an old moc, no?

Very interesting conversion of the MTT to this bounty hunter ship for Bossk. Was this is in anyway inspired by the CW episode about the Trandoshans? I really like the various features that you've put in this build - the prisoner cage, the nicely-done interior details, the gunner's station, and even the inclusion of a small speeder bike - these really make this a very playable MOC. Very good job! :thumbup:

Yeah, I get it, MTT is a giant brown mass, hounds tooth is a giant brown mass. No, it wasn;t inspired by the CW episodes, it was built way before that, and it was based off of Bossks actual ship hounds tooth. But I guess you could say it was posted in the spirit of the trandoshans on TCW, but, I am currently working on a "battle pod" from those episodes though, so you can expect to see that some time soon. The play functions are something I always try to add to my MOCs, I'm glad you liked them! :sweet:

Well this is one ship I've never seen. It looks like you've replicated it pretty well though! Nice work. :thumbup:

Well this is one ship I've never seen. It looks like you've replicated it pretty well though! Nice work. :thumbup:

Yeah, it's very obscure. But I needed something for my Bossk figure to drive around in, I always thought he was a really cool character, so I jumped at the chance to make his ship when I saw he would be released in the new slave 1 (this MOC, is old!). I always thought, as far as flying boxes go, this ship is cooler then the Twilight

The upside down parts are an interesting technique, and play features are always fun.

Too bad about the lack of parts, it's a pretty good representation but definitely needs to be sleeked-up a bit. SNOT plates might be better for that.

I always thought, as far as flying boxes go, this ship is cooler then the Twilight

That's for sure... Hound's tooth at least has a distinctive shape to it, the twilight looks like a retarded decapitated B-wing.

Edited by lefty

The upside down parts are an interesting technique, and play features are always fun.

Too bad about the lack of parts, it's a pretty good representation but definitely needs to be sleeked-up a bit. SNOT plates might be better for that.

Yeah, I must admit, the upside down technique dawned on me a moment before I was ready to tear this apart and give up. Probably learnt it from Eurobricks.

I can't believe all the comments on the sleekness of the ship, I thought it looked great even without all these snots and slopes, oh well, I guess I was a little biased considering it is my creation. I don't think theres a lot of room for modding on this one though :cry_sad: , so what you see is what you get. :laugh:

Yeah, I must admit, the upside down technique dawned on me a moment before I was ready to tear this apart and give up. Probably learnt it from Eurobricks.

I can't believe all the comments on the sleekness of the ship, I thought it looked great even without all these snots and slopes, oh well, I guess I was a little biased considering it is my creation. I don't think theres a lot of room for modding on this one though :cry_sad: , so what you see is what you get. :laugh:

Well, I wasn't expecting you to go and start changing stuff on it, especially since you said it was old. I assumed it was already in pieces :tongue: I think it looks fine as it is, just using plates in the future might be something to consider. If you look at the ISD sets, the outsides are all plates set at angles, and if you can imagine it built mostly out of stacked bricks, you can see why SNOT is preferable sometimes.

Well, I wasn't expecting you to go and start changing stuff on it, especially since you said it was old. I assumed it was already in pieces :tongue: I think it looks fine as it is, just using plates in the future might be something to consider. If you look at the ISD sets, the outsides are all plates set at angles, and if you can imagine it built mostly out of stacked bricks, you can see why SNOT is preferable sometimes.

No, this ship isn't in pieces yet, I'm really quite proud of it :cry_happy: , cause it was the first build I did that I tried to be serious about. I'm not really sure how I would use plates though, as this ship is built more from the ground up, whereas the ISD was built as that arrow-headed shape that called for those angles that could only be achieved by plates :sceptic:

While I would agree that there are some interesting techniques here I honestly think that this MOC is too irregular. The outer hull of the Hound's Tooth has always struck me as being very smooth yet weathered, not unlike that of the Slave I (though the shape is boxy rather than rounded). If I were to make a second rendition of this I would focus on getting the hull to be nice and smooth. Getting rid of the slope bricks on top would help too - at the moment I think they look rather messy.

Yeah, it's very obscure.

Shadows of the Empire isn't too obscure, compared to wherever the Century Tank and the blackhole stormtrooper came from.

That's for sure... Hound's tooth at least has a distinctive shape to it, the twilight looks like a retarded decapitated B-wing.

Well, the Hound's Tooth is basically a sandcrawler with wings.

Nice one, this is your second MOC posted in one day huh? :classic:

This was always a cool ship in my mind and I don't mind the blockiness and whatnot. The design is rather nice and Scorpiox likes it.

As for the twillight, it looks like the wing fell off and it was stuck on with duct tape but fell off mid-flight and was left hanging under the ship. :sick:

Looks great sok117, I love the interia and Bossk's speeder, and the cargo bay, very good shape overall.

But as alredy been said it looks a lot like the MTT.

Excellent MOC Sok, loads of nice features and captures the feel of the ship very well. Have always had a soft spot for the minor Bounty Hunter's ships - I wonder if anyone has done IG-88's IG 2000 or Dengars Punnishing One?

Just as I finished looking up your Stun Tank, I came across this one too on Flikr. Another awesome MOC, this is by far one of the best bounty hunter ships I have seen, I love the detail of the cage and the rack with the cuffs and blasters. I think I may have some inspiration for the weekend to build some things now :laugh:. Thanks for sharing!

Excellent MOC Sok, loads of nice features and captures the feel of the ship very well. Have always had a soft spot for the minor Bounty Hunter's ships - I wonder if anyone has done IG-88's IG 2000 or Dengars Punnishing One?

There are quite a few IG-2000 MOCs out there; here's a pretty good one. I have yet to see a truly impressive LEGO Punishing One.

There are quite a few IG-2000 MOCs out there; here's a pretty good one. I have yet to see a truly impressive LEGO Punishing One.

Indeed, I've tried to build the Punishing One on at least three separate occasions, but I can never get it to look any good :cry_sad:

I just read the "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" Bossk story the other day so I have to say I love the playability with the features in this MOC, very good eye for detail and true to the source material.

Thanks a lot! That really means a lot to me! I really wanted to get nice play functions that were both fun and accurate!