hanzocloud

[MOC] Castle Theme from the Far East 2013

Hello eurobrickers,

I have been working on a castle themed MOC with a setting in the far east rather than the usual England/Germany settings. It's a simple design and I still have much to learn. I've added in heaps of minifigures to accompany the architecture too. Bricks and minifigs were sourced all around the world from ebay/bricklink and costed in the thousands >.< Some non-lego bricks were used for the curved slopes on the roofs to mimic the eastern architecture better. Some slightly modified Orient Expedition sets are evident and also a ninjago set in the background to add to the setting. Hope you guys like it =)

Pic1

xCH01.jpg

Pic2

xCH02.jpg

Pic3

xCH03.jpg

Pic4

xCH04.jpg

Pic5

xCH05.jpg

Pic6

xCH06.jpg

Pic7

xCH07.jpg

Pic8

xCH08.jpg

Pic9

xCH09.jpg

Pic10

xCH10.jpg

Pic11

xCH11.jpg

Pic12

xCH12.jpg

Pic13

xCH13.jpg

Pic14

xCH14.jpg

I got the idea from this classic Orient Expedition set and my Main MOC is loosely based on it.

OrientAdvent.jpg

I will work on improving the designs but for now, need to save $$$ ^_^

Edited by hanzocloud

Great layout! Nice army as well! I like your Geisha-in-white in your Pic no. 11! And your chrome weapons as well! :classic:

Yay :wub: I love it! I wish they would bring a theme simillar to Orient Expedition also but.. that Moc is amazing! You could work a liitle on the ships because they are too simple I think but the army looks awesome.

Very nice.

But what are the roof pieces on the corners of the main central building? The ones that curve up at the corners?

Wow! This is looking great! Love the minifigs, especially the chrome weapons! Nice use of the dragon heads on the ships too! :classic::thumbup:

Very nice MOC, it is amazing how good it looks with so many studs exposed :thumbup:

Good looking army too :wink:

32 minutes ago, Fenikkusu said:

I have been searching everywhere for those corner roof tiles that slope upwards! Please, where can I find some for myself? ?

Pretty sure what you're looking for is in 70592, but it hasn't been inventoried on Bricklink yet.  I remember one in the set when my son built it a couple weeks ago.  I can't remember the part name, and can't find it on Bricklink quick.  I'll try to look for it later.

8 hours ago, Fenikkusu said:

I have been searching everywhere for those corner roof tiles that slope upwards! Please, where can I find some for myself? ?

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Pretty sure what you're looking for is in 70592, but it hasn't been inventoried on Bricklink yet.  I remember one in the set when my son built it a couple weeks ago.  I can't remember the part name, and can't find it on Bricklink quick.  I'll try to look for it later.

This should be the element you are looking for:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=47458&name=Brick, Modified 1 x 2 x 2/3 No Studs, Wing End&category=[Brick, Modified]#T=S&C=11&O={"color":"11"}

Wow that's great! I really like the roof of your castle!

I think the only thing worth adding would be some flora and pavement at the bottom of the castle, but even as it is it's pretty neat!

Awesome castle and hope LEGO does more eastern castles/buildings. The only hope atm is on the Ninjago line but I dislike the futuristic tech and vehicles that plague the series.