Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Mid-WInter Medieval Mocs

indexed.gif

It's been quite a while since my last post, but I got a few small mocs together and this gave me a chance to try out my new photo setup, hopefully I'll start cranking out some more mocs soon.

img_2454.jpg

A little rhinoceros foot soldier, I'm planning on making some more anthropomorphics along the historical theme.

img_2441.jpg

A little vignette I made when messing around with unusual piece usage for making creatures a while back.

img_2447.jpg

The chest monster, I was surprised not to see any other builds quite like it already, maybe this will start a new line of ravenous storage containers :laugh:

img_2451.jpg

The little dragon, with a swapping of the minifig hand you can vary the species.

That's all for now, hope to have some more to come, as always crit's welcome.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Fabelhaft. :wub:

"This gave me a chance to try out my new photo setup."

Pictures look clear, nice burnt edges. And the white background looks great.

"A little rhinoceros foot soldier."

Great detailing put into the Rhino, clever use of the flag, and the black piece underneath the flag tying it all together.

Nice use of the Grey clamp(?) for the ears, and also of the blue tooth.

Very cool :thumbup: , and much better than one might think when creating a creature out of block at this scale.

"The chest monster, I was surprised not to see any other builds quite like it already."

Surprising indeed. :laugh:

Awesome chest, really. Would complete any dungeon, sorcerer's tower.

Question, can the chest still close?

"The little dragon."

Surprisingly good. Amazing how good it looks considering the scale, best use of Indy's whip yet. :tongue:

"Hopefully I'll start cranking out some more mocs soon."

I'll watch for em'. Keep up the good work!

"-maybe this will start a new line of ravenous storage containers."

Let's hope. Space could use some too. :grin:

Edit: That fancy quotation tool sure does take alotta space. :look:

Edited by Milargo

Very interesting and unique little MOCs Waterbrick, you sure have lots of imagination creating these unconventional yet well-done builds. I like 'em all, nice job! :thumbup:

"The chest monster, I was surprised not to see any other builds quite like it already."

Surprising indeed. :laugh:

Awesome chest, really. Would complete any dungeon, sorcerer's tower.

Question, can the chest still close?

Yep, it will close all the way, so any adventurer thinking he's stumbled upon a chest of gold ripe for the plundering is in for a little surprise.

Very nice and creative ideas. The foot-soldier reminds me of the soldiers in Disney's Robin Hood. Well done :thumbup:

not to be a party pooper, but there are quite a few mimics online :) all with chest and fangs (some with eyes also:) google it ;)

I;ve seen one diferant at boses photostream: link

treasure1.jpg

treasure2.jpg

treasure3.jpg

what is just perfect is that dragon of yours ;) ideal, ike from Viking paintings ;) bravo :)

not to be a party pooper, but there are quite a few mimics online :) all with chest and fangs (some with eyes also:) google it ;)

Thanks for the info I couldn't think of the name when looking for similar mocs but "mimic" is quite fitting and does ring a bell.

Keep it up! I absolutely love the baby dragon, and have to make one... yeah he's totally awesome. The Rino man is pretty sweet, looks great for a Icon, well done. And yes there have been some mimics online like

5240966726_a5fa25d8d1_m.jpg By RGB900

Is the best one I've seen, but i like how yours looks like it potentially closes. very cool for surprise attacks or unknown boxes if playing a game like brikwars. Looking forward to more stuff from ya!

That rhino looks awesome. :classic: It does remind me of the Disney Robin Hood Movie, where you inspired by that?