Mystery Castle - Game and Index

202 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

Posted Image

EDIT: With the growth in threads, I have decided to add a helpful index to this post, to help you find all th threads. Hope it helps! :sweet:

Introduction Thread - Setting, rules and confirmation.

Day Threads
Day 1 - The game begins!
Day 2 - Hanging by a thread.
Day 3 - Crushed by potatoes...
Day 4 - Celebration and Despair.
Day 5 - A Grim Night...
Day 6 - A deadly mistake...
Day 7 - Weird Statues Indeed...
Day 8 - A leap of faith...
Day 9 - Ragnir as prosecutor...
Day 10 - A need for action...
Day 11 - Anew face... or not.
Day 12 - Locked In...
Day 13 - Dragon Lord in Storage
The Conclusion - All good things must come to an end...

Building Challenge
Discussion Thread - Discussion of the challenge.
Entries Thread - Post your entries here!
Voting Thread - Come vote for your favourite entry!

Caption Challenge
Entries Thread - Posting those hilarious entries.
(Discussion in main thread)

Other
Behind the Scenes - A flashback of all the scenes.

ORIGINAL POST:
Hear ye, hear ye! :sing:

Lords and Ladies, after collaboration with some very helpful Admins, I am honoured to announce the beginning of a new interactive game on EB. Many of you will have played the Roman Mafia and it's predecessor the Western Mafia; this game is to take this style of play to a whole new level! It will involve puzzles, mystery, a crazy old wizard, and pictorial content!

So now, it is up to you, the EB community, to decide if this game is to be a success.  :sweet:

Right, enough of the town-crier talk, on to the good stuff. After the now extended pause of the Roman Mafia, I have felt a big hole in the EB community, and that is an interactive game! So after talking with some admins, I present to you this one, I hope that there will be enough interest to get it off the ground! :grin: I am looking for a minimum of 12 players with a maximum of around 20 (although this could be up for change, but that is your decision). If you are interested then it may take around a week to get all sorted as there is a lot of plot work as well as MOCing to go into it. I want to know if there will be enough interest first however, before I go to the trouble of doing all the work! :wink:

Here is an exert from the starting story post:

The castle of Dragons Keep has for years been ruled by King Dracus, a wizened old man, slightly cuckoo, who really is not up to ruling the castle, let alone the kingdom. Last night, the king was murdered in his bed by a group of activists who want to take control of the keep for themselves. Lord Dragonator, fearing for the lives of the people of the kingdom, wants the traitors found and executed as quickly as possible. As an act of quick thinking he has locked down the castle so nobody can enter or leave until either the traitors are found and executed or the loyalists are outnumbered and defeated. He has decided that as nobody can trust anyone else, voting will occur to try and find who is guilty. The future of the kingdom is in your hands!

Right, so that is the basic setting. There will be two groups of player, mainly to avoid confusion. They are the Loyalists and the Traitors (aptly named :tongue: ). Participants will be randomly assigned to one of these groups, and will receive a specific character, with more information in the starting thread. For those of you unfamiliar with these games, the idea is to vote on a person to be executed that day. The aim, depending on your side, is to defeat the other team (specifics later). No member will know another members role unless they stupidly give it away.

IMPORTANT: Please only show your interest if you are actually serious about committing yourself to posting in the game, otherwise it is unfair on the other participants. I do not like people who say they will do something and then don't stick to their commitment. If you do sign up and don't post, don't be surprised when a dragon comes to call.

More on the general rules, characters, and other info will come later. If you have any comments, criticism or questions, then please, post away! :sweet:

This will be a learning experience for me as well, I just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! :tongue: I look forward to your feedback and if you don't sign up then I will set a dragon or two on you.

~Dragonator

EDIT: Please note that all names are for MC purposes only and are in no way intended to be interpreted as those characters, either alive or dead, seen in other games (especially the EB RP :grin:). Some slight resemblances may be seen however. :wink:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#2 Inertia

Inertia

• Rebellious Snot

Member: 2653

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Sounds cool, I'll go for it!  :thumbup:
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#3 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Not afraid of a witch hunt!

Member: 1725

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

Indeed, sounds very interesting. Sign me up!  :sweet:  

It's great to see that there's such interest in these mafia games. Perhaps it is time to start a mafia index. So far there seems to be Western, Roman, Mystery Castle and Flatfoot Thomsen's game. I have another game planned myself :blush:

#4 Hyphos

Hyphos

Member: 3190

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

I'm new in the forum, but count me in.

Where I can see the "rules" so I can learn how to play? : :wacko:
Paulo "Jones" Brown - My Work www.plug.pt www.plug.pt/forum

#5 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

Crazy old wizard, eh? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I know a bit about them. I guess I'll have to join in. :knight:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

#6 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

I had never take part in any "mafia" games at all. Heard its full of fun. I won't mind to join in the fun too. However, you might want to brief me on this new game. I am not very familar with it.  :tongue:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#7 Lt. Veers

Lt. Veers

Member: 2229

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

Count me in. This sounds like fun.
"The Empire can be different. Provided we shoot all the lunatics who enjoy the idea."
Flickr

#8 Dovchenko

Dovchenko

Member: 2061

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm interested... but pre-assigned characters? No offence, but I'd rather not be forced to play a certain role etc. But if it's a Mystery Castle Game you want, I'm in!

~ :pirate:
"For the sake of Dovchenko I am translating that last paragraph into short and more friendly words so he can understand:"

I am protector of the Hoth Rebel Base and Soviet...

2008 Wishlist:
AT-ST
Hoth Rebel Base (done, ordered 08/02/08)
AT-AT

We want 1x3 tiles!!!
If you'd like 1x3 tiles as well, help me campagne and put it in your sig!

#9 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys! I appreciate your interest! :sweet:

View PostHyphos, on Jun 2 2008, 01:11 AM, said:

I'm new in the forum, but count me in.

Where I can see the "rules" so I can learn how to play? : :wacko:

These games have a tradition of not having extrememly clear rules. That kind of helps the fun of it. :wink: I will put up some rules and guidelines at a later date. :classic:

View Postimperialshadows, on Jun 2 2008, 01:25 AM, said:

Crazy old wizard, eh? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I know a bit about them. I guess I'll have to join in. :knight:

Oh yes. :grin:  But it's OK, your a different sort of crazy old wizard. :tongue:

View Postsdpirate, on Jun 2 2008, 03:31 AM, said:

I'm interested... but pre-assigned characters? No offence, but I'd rather not be forced to play a certain role etc. But if it's a Mystery Castle Game you want, I'm in!

~ :pirate:

Thanks for your interest! :sweet: When I say pre-assigned characters, I mean it in exactly the same way it has been done in all the other games. You are given a position, a name, and if applicable a night action, with some small description with it. The rest is entirely up to your interpretation! So you are not 'forced' to play a role, but you are given a certain side and character to play as, however that characters decisions and personality etc are entirely up to you. If you could just do what you liked and pick your side, then this wouldn't really work. :wacko: Basically I mean it in the same way it has been done in the other two games.

By the way, if anyone wants an idea on how to play, they can check out the other two games by doing a quick search. :classic: This game will have some differences, but those other games will give you a good idea on where to begin. :thumbup:

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#10 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

I'm game! I was a fan of the Roman Mafia, so... waitaminute... what ever happened to that? Ah well, I'm in for this! :sweet:
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#11 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postiamded, on Jun 2 2008, 10:10 AM, said:

I'm game! I was a fan of the Roman Mafia, so... waitaminute... what ever happened to that? Ah well, I'm in for this! :sweet:
~Peace

That's unfortunately been paused for a few months my friend... :cry_sad: Which is why there is no reason people can't join this!

Well it looks like there is going to be lots of support, so I will start work on the setting/characters/plot etc. Lots of work for me! :grin:

We will need some more players still however, so keep showing your interest people!

#12 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

• I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

My interests are peaked!

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

#13 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

Im down for some Mystery Castle shenanigans! Count me in! though i haven't done this before, i will search thru the other threads for a basis.
Cheers ISC :skull:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#14 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

To offer some help, when I make the confirmation thread I shall post the opening storyline, some general rules so you don't all get confused, and a list of characters. Whether you want to keep your identity a secret in the game will be entirely up to you! (although past players suggest that the fastest way to be convicted is to give away your role... :wink: )

We still need at the least 6 more players, with a maximum of 10 more. After that, I'm sorry to anyone who missed out. So sign up now people! Once there is enough interest I will post the conformation thread. :sweet:

#15 Pencoin

Pencoin

Member: 2415

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

ill sign up hopefully i can do better then in the roman game
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#16 Trexxen

Trexxen

Member: 2060

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:46 AM

I'm so in! Man, I'll never pass on a good mafia game >=D

(And I too have plans to make one sometime in the near future  :blush: ...I'll wait til there's a lack of mafia-ing, though; don't want to over-saturate the forums just yet. And for the record; this time it won't be in history...but that's all I'm saying. ^.^)

~Trexxen

Edited by Trexxen, 02 June 2008 - 10:47 AM.

Back from Hiatus! =D
"All you little 'superheroes', fall short without all them 'zeroes'; a pie in the sky is your brave new world..." - Sonata Arctica, Zeroes

#17 Quarryman

Quarryman

• Pretty Princess in his Carriage

Member: 1620

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

Last spring term exam tomorrow, and after that I'm pretty much stuck in front of the computer for the coming months, so count me in :grin:

#18 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for all the interest! :sweet:

For this to run proberly though, we still need at least 3 more players, and preferably 7 more. So go tell your mates! :grin:

I am getting there with the first day's initial ideas, I just need to finish typing out everyone's character description. Man this takes a lot of work. :tongue: Once we have enough interest, I will send you a PM asking you to post your conformation in the conformstion thread. Once you have confirmed you will be sent your character. The game will begin once everyone has confirmed!

For those of you that are new to this game, I will post some guidelines as well as the story in the first day's thread.

Thanks once again, and I look forward to the start of the game!

Edited by dragonator, 04 June 2008 - 08:26 AM.

#19 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

View Postdragonator, on Jun 3 2008, 08:39 AM, said:

For those of you that are new to thi game, I will post some guidelines as well as the story in the rules and conformation thread.

Haha, I am new to this game. So take note of my stupid questions in the future. :tongue:
Hope I can understand this game quickly.  :sweet:

Edited by WhiteFang, 03 June 2008 - 02:26 AM.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

#20 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:05 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on Jun 3 2008, 02:25 PM, said:

Haha, I am new to this game. So take note of my stupid questions in the future. :tongue:
Hope I can understand this game quickly.  :sweet:

I'm sure you will, it's not all that hard to play. The hardest bit is not giving to much away! :grin:

Keep those interest posts coming! :sweet: Please?... :look:

#21 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

View Postdragonator, on Jun 3 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Keep those interest posts coming! :sweet: Please?... :look:
Interested  :tongue:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#22 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Jun 3 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Interested  :tongue:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:

Thanks for the interest! :tongue:

We still need a minimum of 2 more people, although preferably 4, and a maximum of 6. :sweet: First in first served. :wink:

#23 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

Right, it seems we are still short a few players, but I will let this go ahead anyway. I originally designed it for 20 players, so I'm going to have to cut out some fun plot twists and things... :sceptic: Oh well. You know I had hoped Hinckley might play... (hint hint :wink: ).

I will leave it one more day and then I'll send out the conformation PMs. Please confirm that you are playing by replying in the conformation thread. Once you have done this I will send you your character.

If there are still people out there who want to play, you will be warmly welcomed, but please contact me ASAP!

Thanks everyone. :sweet:

#24 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Maybe you can show us a list on who's in at the moment? So we will know who is in or out?
What do you think?  :sweet:

#25 Dragonator

Dragonator

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:10 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on Jun 5 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

Maybe you can show us a list on who's in at the moment? So we will know who is in or out?
What do you think?  :sweet:

Well I assume everyone who has posted in this thread is going to play... :look:

But anyway, here's my list of people I'll be PMing:

1. Inertia
2. TinyPiesRUs
3. Hyphos
4. imperialshadows
5. WhiteFang
6. Lt. Veers
7. sdpirate
8. iamded
9. stash2sixx
10. I Scream Clone
11. Pencoin
12. Trexxen
13. Quarryman
14. Batbrick

Could somebody please nag Hinckley into playing? :tongue: Then we only need 5 more...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users