Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II

Everyone feel free to post in this thread. Thanks everyone for playing. I'm sure we'll be talking about this one for a while...

001.jpg

"Come gather round children,

and I'll tell you how,

to catch the Scum

and bury them now."

002.jpg

"Pardon me, Auntie Shawna," Mindy Mouse says. "Sorry to interrupt your song. It's important, though. Someone gave me a chain for blockin' folks with and I just plumb don't know what to do with it!"

003.jpg

"Don't worry none, child," Shawna Sheep responds. "Just give Auntie Shawna that there chain and she'll take care of everything."

"Thank Auntie Shawna!" Mindy exclaims. "I knew I could count on you. Thinking for myself is hard!"

004.jpg

"The Scum aren't smart,

the scum aren't skilled.

They dared mess with us,

And now they'll be killed!"

005.jpg

"Hooray!" shouts the chorus.

"The Scum are the people

who always vote first

The Scum are the people

who tell the truth the worst" Auntie Shawna sings.

006.jpg

"The Scum make up Actions,

that they only know." Auntie Shawna sings.

"What poppicock!" Sings Edgar.

"At least four people should know!"

"That's right child," Shawna approves.

007.jpg

"The Scum give advice,

that leads to Scum death." Auntie Shawna sings.

"But real Town make moves,

that gives Townies their last breath." Mindy sings.

"You're really learning!" Shawna replies encouragingly.

008.jpg

"Real Town leads to the death of the town,

while Scum only live to bring their own down."

"Auntie Shawna! Auntie Shawna!" Edgar says.

"Yes Edgar?" Shawna replies.

"How come Scum always turn up Town when convicted?" Edgar asks.

"They're tricky!" Shawna says, "Just remember the real Scum are who Auntie Shawna predicted."

009.jpg

"Listen to Aunt Shawna,

cuz she'll save us all!

Keep killing Townies,

and we'll never fall!"

Everyone applauds Auntie Shawna's excellent song.

010.jpg

"Oh yay! Cheese!" Mindy Mouse (Professor Flitwick) cries. "I'm just famished after all of the thinking I've been doing. That's a mighty strange plate, but I'm sure it's fine..."

011.jpg

SNAP!!

"Ha! Ha!" Edgar Elephant cries as he jumps out from behind a big weed that popped up surprisingly fast in the last day. "Got you, Scummy! Now we should all be free from the tyranny of Mindy Mouse and Gilda Goat!"

012.jpg

Edgar's late wife, Portia Poodle appears.

"Oh, Portia! My love!" Edgar sighs. "We really have won! You're returned from the dead to be with me again. :cry_happy: I love you so much!!"

013.jpg

But, it's only the ornery spirit of his late wife and she's only there to kick him in the balls.

"You moron!" Portia's spirit cries. "You've killed us all!!!"

014.jpg

"That was very strange," Edgar says as he scratches his head. "I wonder what she meant. This sure is confusing."

015.jpg

"Oh dear," Marcellus the Monk says. "You were wrong about Gilda Goat (Quarryman) too. She was an innocent Villager.

016.jpg

As Marcellus crosses the Village Square to get a reading on Mindy, Shawna sneaks up behind him and covers him in a very fine powder...

017.jpg

...then lights him on fire.

018.jpg

"Shawna Sheep!" Marcellus the Monk cries. "It's you! You've killed us! You've sent us all to hell!!"

"This is all very strange," Edgar says as he scratches his head. "If Gilda wasn't a Cultist, then was Mindy the only other one? Why is Shawna lighting Marcellus on fire? That's a weird win condition for a true Villager. Shall I stick my gun and hose now?"

"Someone hypnotized me!" Shawna explains. "But it's OK. Marcellus lied about Gilda's alignment. She was a Cultist. Um...Marcellus was a Cultist too."

"OK," Edgar agrees.

019.jpg

"Uh-oh," Booker says. "The gem in Marcellus's staff is gone! How will we be able to tell what side Mindy was on?"

"Well, I'm not dead," Mindy says.

020.jpg

"Oh good," Shawna says. "I could use a fresh snack. The live ones are so much tastier than the dead ones."

Shawna Sheep feeds on Mindy's intestines while Seamus Sheepdog bathes in Mindy's blood and drinks it. Mindy screams hysterically as her worst fear comes to pass and her last moments are spent being eaten alive.

"Eating the Cultists alive?" Edgar asks. "That is a weird M.O."

"That's the only way to kill the serial killer, trust me," Shawna explains between mouthfuls of intestines and in between screams.

021.jpg

"All the tasty parts are eaten," Shawna explains further. "Time to burn the rest alive!"

"OK," Edgar agrees. "This is making more sense now. I think I get it."

"Don't think, just trust me," Shawna assures him.

"OK," Edgar agrees.

Mindy Mouse (Professor Flitwick) was an innocent Villager.

022.jpg

The spirit of Felix Fox appears and wraps up Mindy and Marcellus's souls in a tornado of phantom flames. Marcellus's spirit puts up quite the fight. A deep, unearthly laugh emanates from spirit of Felix Fox.

"Welcome to my realm, Holy Man," Felix laughs.

"Edgar!" Marcellus's spirit cries. "Run! They're lying to you! You're the only Villager left. They'll kill you!"

"Boy, he sure is Scummy," Edgar notes. "Even his spirit is lying to me."

023.jpg

Shawna grabs the final bottle of Felix essence and the earth shakes and hell-fire emanates from the air around them.

024.jpg

Firuz Fox appears and says, "Mistress, I have your potion ready for the essence."

025.jpg

"My essence is now one with the forest spirit, Alchemist," Shawna says as deep red light emanates from her hand. "Your services are no longer necessary."

Firuz Fox goes rigid...

026.jpg

...and suddenly dives forward into the cauldron. Shawna holds his head down in the liquid as he struggles.

027.jpg

Firuz Fox dies in a cauldron of poison. It seemed he listened to his friend Marcellus a little too late...

028.jpg

"Somewhere… over the rainbow…

Blown sky high!

There’s your head with no sholders,

The rest of the Town will die!

Somewhere over the rainbow

Skies are black,

From the fire that we dared to set

While the fountain we sack!

Oneday we wished upon a ghost

And woke up where the Town’s a roast

Turk-ey-ey-ey!

Where good souls melt like lemon drops

In fire from the chemist’s shop

That’s where you’ll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Black Crows play.

Crows fly over the rainbow.

Why then, oh why can’t they?

If evil little crow souls play

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can’t they?

Because they lost.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

029.jpg

"That's a weird thing for a Villager to sing," Edgar wonders as he scratches his head. "Are you being ironic? And I didn't know it was a Villager who was grabbing the Felix essence. What are you doing with it Shawna? Keeping it from the Cultists? Is that why you had to drown Firuz? Was he a Cultist too? This is all so strange. Good thing I have my friends with me. We won, right?"

Booker Bear reveals an axe for he is the Lumberjack. Edgar is too busy scratching his head to notice. How did Booker and Portia become intertwined in this cosmic duel of good and evil? That's a story for a different time, but you can bet it ties back into that dark spirit found in the Dark Forest...

030.jpg

"We sure did," Shawna tells him. "We couldn't have done it without you, Edgar. Show him what he's won, Booker. Heh he he."

031.jpg

Chop!

032.jpg

SPLASH!

033.jpg

034.jpg

"Um, you missed..." Shawna points out.

Seamus Sheepdog (Dannylonglegs) was a Cultist.

035.jpg

"I don't get this!" Edgar yells. "Can we please just clear a couple of things up. Why are we still killing people? Aren't all of the Cultists dead? Friends, please explain this to me. I'm very confused."

036.jpg

"Edgar, who do you trust most?" Shawna asks.

"You," Edgar says lovingly. "You're my best friend. :cry_happy:"

"Listen to me then," Shawna asks. "This is going to be hard to accept, but you're the last Cultist."

"I am?" Edgar asks. "How is that possible?"

"You're so evil, you don't even know it," Shawna says.

"That makes sense," Edgar admits, relieved. "What do we do?"

"You have to set yourself on fire and kill yourself," Shawna explains.

"Really?" Edgars asks.

"Yes," Shawna insists. "If you don't kill yourself, Auntie Shawna and Uncle Booker will die."

037.jpg

"Anything for you, Auntie Shawna," Edgar says as he self-immolates. "It all makes sense now..."

Edgar Elephant (WhiteFang) was an innocent Villager.

038.jpg

"So, it's come to this, has it?" Shawna says. "You're killing Cultists now?"

"Yup," Booker answers. "Got to kill 'em all. Spirit says so."

039.jpg

"Listen," Shawna says, "This is total megablocks. We can win together. We saw your communication from God. The spirit lets you win when you outnumber the Town and any third parties."

"I am a third-party," Booker explains.

"No, you're not!" Shawna grits her teeth, then calms herself, "You're a Cultist. God said so. God can't lie."

"He has to if one of his roles is a double agent," Booker says. "Can we get this over with."

040.jpg

"All right, listen," Hinckley says as he steps onto the set. "Obviously, I'm spending a bit of time here justifying my game mechanics. I think that's appropriate since I have five people who are going to hate me since they're losing when they really thought they were getting a check in the win column. Mostly, though, Shadows is going to tear me a new one, so I'm shoving in some pre-arguments here, OK? The main reason to have a separate win condition for the Serial Killer was to keep the balance. If he could be converted, that's not fully fair to the Town. How quickly can Scum steamroll a Town with two kills at their disposal? Or three, for that matter?... And there were clues! I left clues along the way. Since you're unlikely to read your own Night Action results through to the end, I'm sure you totally missed them. They are subtle. I know you're going to be pissed, I know you worked hard, I expect you're going to call the game megablocks and never want to play one of my games again and say it's over complicated and poorly planned, but I'm sure we'll discuss that. This was the plan from the beginning, before roles were even drawn. I never expected it to come to fruition, even though it was a Shadows/Draggy game and you guys almost always claim to each other. I lost my train of thought. I digress for now. I look forward to being brow-beaten and torn apart. Carry on..."

041.jpg

"You didn't do anything to earn this," Shawna says defensively. "We killed the entire Village for you and one of the Cultists! How can you take a win, when you were just using us to do all the killing for you?"

"I'm sure Edgar would ask you the same thing if he could ever figure out you were playing him," Booker points out.

"So now I'm the bad guy just because I did something Scummy?" Shawna asks. "That's the game. I'm supposed to be Scummy and I megablocking rocked at it."

042.jpg

"Yes and this is my win condition," Booker concludes, "Sorry, time to be chopped up."

"Wait, no!" Shawna yells.

043.jpg

"megabluck this," Shawna says. "I will not let this happen. This isn't how the rules should go. It's total megablocks. We could defy this Hinckley fellow together. I can edit the index, I'll just keep adding my megablocking name to the winners list!! megabluck you, Hinckley! megabluck you!! Your game mechanics are totally ducked and I declare your game megablocks!!!"

044.jpg

"Hack!"

045.jpg

"Chop!"

046.jpg

"Crunch, Splatter!"

"Maybe that will shut her up," Booker says when he's finished chopping.

047.jpg

"Not even death can shut me up," Shawna's disembodied head seeths from the ground.

048.jpg

Congratulations Booker Bear (Dragonator), Lumberjack, sole survivor and winner of The Forest II.

049.jpg

As a new dawn breaks, Booker thinks of how to use his new power. The Dark Forest spirit still boils within him. He thinks of his wife...and his friends...and how it would be nice to have a resurrected army of minions to accompany him as he takes over Autumn Falls...

To be continued...

Objective:

The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  9. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me if you can.
  13. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
  • The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Winter Haven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Best of luck and have fun! :sweet:

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

Non-Playable Characters

00_npc_marcellus_dead.jpg

Marcellus the Monk,

played by Hinckley

00_npc_firuz_dead.jpg

Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,

played by Fugazi

Winner (1)

booker.jpg

Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,

played by Dragonator, Lumberjack (Serial Killer)

The Deceased (25)

petey_dead.jpg

Petey Panda, Fisherman,

played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,

played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager

wallace_dead.jpg

Wallace Walrus, Lawman,

played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist

carly_dead.jpg

Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,

played by Tamamono, lynched on Day Two - Villager

baxter_dead.jpg

Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,

played by Waterbrick Down, murdered by anvil on Night Two - Villager

ralphy_dead.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,

played by badboytje88, lynched on Day Three - Villager

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,

played by Rick, murdered by xylophone on Night Three - Villager

gibson_dead.jpg

Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,

played by Pandora, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

portia_dead.jpg

Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,

played by CorneliusMurdock, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

ernie_dead.jpg

Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,

played by JimButcher, died of self-immolation on Night Three - Villager

casey_dead.jpg

Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,

played by Scouty, lynched on Day Four - Cultist

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,

played by Sandy, murdered by immolation on Night Four - Villager

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,

played by Eskallon, murdered by an old woman on Night Four - Villager

maurice_dead.jpg

Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,

played by Cecilie, lynched on Day Five - Villager

gordon_dead.jpg

Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,

played by Scubacarrot, murdered by shotgun polaroid on Night Five - Villager

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,

played by TinyPiesRUs, murdered with an axe on Night Five - Villager

heidi_dead.jpg

Heidi Hippo, Farmer,

played by CallMePie, murdered by immolation while trying to protect someone on Night Five - Villager

horace_dead.jpg

Horace Horse, Blacksmith,

played by iamded, lynched on Day Six - Cultist

pancho_dead.jpg

Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,

played by Zepher, murdered by immolation on Night Six - Villager

cameron_dead.jpg

Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,

played by Rufus, murdered by Clive the Kaboominator of Night Six - Villager

gilda_dead.jpg

Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,

played by Quarryman, lynched on Day Seven - Villager

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,

played by Professor Flitwick, murdered by mouse trap during Conclusion - Villager

seamus_dead.jpg

Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,

played by Dannylonglegs, murdered with an axe during Conclusion - Cultist

edgar_dead.jpg

Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,

played by WhiteFang, died of self-immolation during Conclusion - Villager

shawna_dead.jpg

Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,

played by Shadows, murdered with an axe during Conclusion - Cultist

Feedback, tongue-lashings, role PMs and notes to follow soon. Let the Hinckley bashing begin.

Role PMs:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

shawna.jpg

Shadows

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Shawna Sheep, one of Winter Haven’s lawmen. You are married to Seamus Sheepdog. You do love to be controlled. :wink: You'll never forget how you met your loving husband. You wondering off, daydreaming, off the meadow and into the forest. Him running to save you from a den of wolves, by nipping at your haunches and scaring you back to the meadow with the other sheep. Ah, young love. Your personality quirk is that you are incredibly superstitious. People aren't very fond of that lucky rabbit's foot you carry around.

Alignment: You are aligned with the Cultists.

Role: You are The Hobbit Podo Took which means you are the Scum Godfather. As Godfather, you don’t have to do anything at night. The Alchemist has given you a jar of ointment that you use every night to appear as a Villager in investigations. It also makes your fur nice and soft.

Win condition: You win when your team has outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties.

Please confirm your participation by posting in this thread.

casey.jpg

Scouty

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Casey Cat, Winter Haven's Painter. You love painting, but mostly just paint people's houses. Your artwork has never sold very well. People must not like paintings of cake. :sceptic: You are married to Maurice Mouse and you love him so much you could just eat him up! Your personality quirk is that you're very allergic to dogs.

Role: You are The Puppet-Master which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Killing. This is a unique role in that you target a player who will do the killing for you and then choose that players kill-target. The Alchemist has made you a potion that you place of drop of, in one player’s ear at night. You then have control of that player and manipulate them to kill another player of your choosing. And yes, you can have a player target himself/herself and basically commit suicide…In that case if your target was tracked, they would be seen targeting themselves.

Trying to think of what other questions you may have: Your action fails if you or your target is blocked. Day thread intro pictures will only show the murder, not the potion pouring. The kill will show up as your target’s action. You would only be seen targeting the “puppet”.

To really complicate it, using a double dose of your potion causes your target to be converted to the Scum team. This conversion is a one-shot Action and cannot be used on the same night that you use the puppet-master kill. However, if you lose 3 Scum team members in the first 4 game days, you will be allowed a second-shot conversion.

Win condition: You win when your team has outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties.

wallace.jpg

Masked Builder

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Wallace Walrus, one of Springhaven’s lawmen. You don't feel you're as effective as your other two co-workers. You seem to score the least on your physical fitness tests. Perhaps it's because you're a big blob of walrus blubber. Your personality quirk is that you have to smell people's hands before you talk to them.

Role: You are the Never Ending Story which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Jack-of-all-trades. The Alchemist has given you an 8-pack of elixirs. This gives you 8 one-shot Actions to choose from:

• janitor: you can target a player killed during the night phase and remove the body making it harder for the Town to verify their alignment (but not impossible :wink: )
  • framer: you can target a player during the night and if that player is targeted by the investigator, their alignment will appear Scum instead of Town
  • tailor: you can target a player during the night and if that player is targeted by the investigator, their alignment will appear Town instead of Scum
  • protector: you can target a player during the night and if that player is targeted for a kill, you will block the killer with your superior karate skills.
  • commuter: you can hide in the village of SpringHaven for the night making you immune to any actions targeting you on that night.
  • tracker: you can target a player during the night to see if they targeted any other player and who they targeted.
  • bus driver: you can target a player during the night and whatever actions are directed at that player will be re-directed to a target of your choice.
  • vote thief: you can target a player during the night and the following day that player’s vote will not count.

You get those 8 one-shot Actions only. You will not be given any more once those 8 have been used.

horace.jpg

iamded

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Horace Horse, Winter Haven’s Blacksmith. You're quite busy these days. You wish you had the time to make yourself a pair of nice horseshoes. You love that game. You were a good guy last time, but you've always wanted to give evil a try. Your personality quirk is that you are constantly eating mushrooms trying to get high.

Role: You are OU812 which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Night Action Investigator. Each night you target one player and find out if they have a Night Action and what that Night Action is.

seamus.jpg

Dannylonglegs

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Seamus Sheepdog, Winter Haven’s Taxidermist. Someone's got to do it. :sceptic: You are married to Shawna Sheep. You'll never forget the day you fell in love with her, nipping at her haunches. Luckily she thought you were saving her from a den of wolves. You love those tasty haunches of hers. Grrrr. :devil: Your personality quirk is that you name inanimate objects and talk to them.

Role: You are the Aventine Pig which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Blocker. Each night you target one player and prevent them from using any Action they may have. The Alchemist has given you a bag of paralysis powder. You sprinkle this powder on your target while they are sleeping and it causes about 8 hours of paralysis, preventing them from performing their Action.

becka.jpg

Rick

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Becka Bulldog, Winter Haven’s Beautician. Since you're cursed to have a face like a butt for all of your life, you have always had a passion for beauty. If you can't have it, why not help others attain it? Luckily, the stinky Booker Bear looks past such shallow things as looks, and luckily you have no sense of smell. You and Booker were married not too long after that terrifying ordeal with the Demon Legion back in Spring Haven. Your personality quirk is that whenever there's a lull in conversation you think it's because everyone is thinking how much you look like a dude.

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers.

Win condition: You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

edgar.jpg

WhiteFang

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Edgar Elephant, one of Winter Haven's Fishermen. You have always been good at your job, but since moving to Winter Haven, located on a river, you've really excelled at your profession! You are married to Winter Haven's Grocer, Portia Poodle. You sold fish to her for years, but it wasn't until after both surviving the Demon Legion ordeal, your passion was ultimately ignited. Your personality quirk is that you find mice terrifying.

Role: You are Spaghetti, which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Vigilante. Each night you target one player and you will have a chance to kill that player. You're not very good at killing. You're too nice to be hands-on with it. But you're very passionate about protecting your lovely wife and life-long friends. You lure your targets into somewhat amateurish, yet clever traps that kill them.

baxter.jpg

Waterbrick Down

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Baxter Bulldog, Winter Haven’s Mechanic. You are very good with a wrench, which is quite a feat considering dogs don't have opposable thumbs. Your personality quirk is that you sniff people's butts when you greet them. You always forget that it's socially unacceptable. :blush:

Role: You are the Bicycle Thief which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Investigator. Each night you target one player and will be told their alignment in the morning. The Alchemist has prepared a special orb for you, that allows you to see a person’s inner intentions. Your results will come back as Red for Cultists, Green for Villagers and Blue for un-readable.

ernie.jpg

JimButcher

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Ernie Elephant, one of Winterhaven’s Fishermen. You are married to Ralphy Rabbit. You and Ralphy moved to Winter Haven after it became clear that your old village was intolerant of your lifestyle. Not the gay part, the cross-species part. Your personality quirk is that you're terrified of water. Your biggest fear is getting even the smallest drop of water on your skin. You want to kick yourself for getting into your profession, but you do happen to be very good at it.

Role: You are the Pervert which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Watcher. Each night you target one player and learn who has targeted that player. The Alchemist has made you a special mirror that you leave with your target. The mirror reveals the other players that target your target during the night.

brigit.jpg

Sandy

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Brigit Bunny, Springhaven’s Florist. You are also married to Lazlo Lion, Winter Haven's Mayor, making you the First Lady of Winter Haven. Funny enough, you met Lazlo in the afterlife after you were both murdered by the Demon Legion. Little does he know you found him sexier as an angel. Your personality quirk is that you have an incredibly short attention span, often switching subjects in the middle of a sentence or finding something totally new to focus on mid-conversation.

pancho.jpg

Zepher

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Pancho Parrot, Winter Haven’s Postman. For this reason, many people mistake you for a pigeon. You are married to Mindy Mouse. After getting married you moved in with your rather large family until you could find your own place. You had to move to Winter Haven very quickly since your family kept mistaking her for breakfast. Your personality quirk is that whenever there is a lull in the conversation you think you hear people calling you a Pigeon and this pisses you off and you're not afraid to let it show.

Role: You are the Psychiatrist Snake Charmer which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Blocker. Each night you target one player and prevent them from using any Action they may have. The Alchemist has given you a bag of paralysis powder. You sprinkle this powder on your target while they are sleeping and it causes about 8 hours of paralysis, preventing them from performing their Action.

pennie.jpg

Eskallon

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Pennie Pig, Winter Haven’s Schoolteacher. You took the job as Schoolteacher after you lost your bid for re-election. You had hoped moving to Winter Haven wouldn't require a new election, but it wasn't up to you. Your personality quirk is that you have a tendency to talk about how much better things were when you were Mayor...ad nauseum.

Role: You are Trexxen which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Protector. Each night you target one player and prevent them from being attacked by anyone with a killing ability. The Alchemist has made you a clever liquid that transforms you into a mushroom. You plant yourself at your target’s home and if any attackers come you release a toxin into the air that paralyzes them for the night. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition: You win when you kill all of the Cultists.

gibson.jpg

Pandora

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Gibson Goat, Winter Haven’s Bartender. You've heard these drunkards who moved in from Spring Haven tell some very tall, very drunken tales about demons eating them and them coming back to life after a baker and his, blah blah blah...weirdos. Drunk weirdos, all of them. You do love your family, though. Gilda Goat is your sister and you get along very well with her new husband, Cameron Crocodile. He never claims to have been eaten and brought back to life by magic spring water. You know, for a fact, that he is not a Cultist. Your personality quirk is that you have a split personality. You occasionally become "Marilyn".

Role: You are the Politican which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Motivator. The Alchemist has given you a small vial of Elixir that, when dropped into the mouth of your target, gives them double the energy and allows them to perform their Action twice that night, if they have an Action. There is not enough for you to use it every night so you are limited to every even night. Nights 2, 4, 6 and so on… So how about on odd nights, you use a tracker Action to find someone worth motivating. Marilyn is very stealthy and sexy, so she is good at sneaking around people's homes to see if they target anyone. Just be careful for open subway grates. :grin:

bristol.jpg

Bob

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Bristol Bunny, Winter Haven’s Seamstress. You sure do love to sew buttons! Your personality quirk is that whenever there is a lull in conversation you fill the awkward silence with bizarre stories about adventures you've had...except you never really had them. You just like people to think you're an adventurer.

carly.jpg

Tamamono

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Carly Cow, an Ice Cream Shoppe Owner in Winter Haven. Your Shoppe is very successful due to the fact that you have the freshest cream in Town. Your personality quirk is that you forget the names for animals and always mix them up. That always embarrasses you since elephants are never supposed to forget anything.

gilda.jpg

Quarryman

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Gilda Goat, Winter Haven’s Doctor. The people who moved here from Spring Haven are crazy. A lot of them complain about night terrors. They all seem to have the same mass hallucination that several of them were eaten by a demon monster and regurgitated. Freaks. Your personality quirk is that you have a tendency to gossip about your patient's maladies, especially when things get quiet. You just don't like silence and you try to fill it with hilarious embarrassing stories from your patients.

cameron.jpg

Rufus

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Cameron Crocodile, Winter Haven’s Carpenter. You are married to Gilda Goat. You met her on the river bank. She looked like such a plump, scrumptious snack. But she also looked very kind. You're glad you didn't eat her that day. You're even more glad that she's let you eat her for many days since then. :drool: You happen to know, for a fact, that your brother-in-law, Gibson Goat, is an innocent Villager, like yourself. Your personality quirk is that when you get tired, you forget that you are part of a community and start to take little nibbles out of your friends.

gordon.jpg

Scubacarrot

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Gordon Gorilla, one of Winter Haven’s Lawmen. You moved to Winter Haven after a more dominant silverback chased you out of your last village. You'll always be the dominant silverback here...since there are no other gorillas. Your personality quirk is that you have the bad habit of eating bugs out of other people's fur and hair. They think that's gross for some reason.

lazlo.jpg

TinyPiesRUs

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven. You ousted former mayor, Pennie Pig after moving to Winter Haven. She thinks a lot of herself, but you have the better record. So far, nobody's been eaten by a demon on your watch. Your personality quirk is that you've developed narcolepsy after the horrifying demon incident in Spring Haven. Sometimes you fall asleep right in the middle of a sentence! Even at the worst times, say, in the middle of an accusation or vote explanation.

maurice.jpg

Cecilie

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Maurice Mouse, one of Winter Haven’s Dock Workers. You work with Ernie Elephant but have to do most of the hard work since he's terrified of water. You are married to Casey Cat, and while you love her, you can't shake the feeling that she's going to eat you one of these days. And not in the good way. *huh* Your personality quirk is that you make up legends, histories and famous texts to make reference to current situations or simile.

mindy.jpg

Professor Flitwick

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Mindy Mouse, Winter Haven's Accountant. It's very aggravating to be an accountant in a barter society. You are married to Pancho Parrot. You lived with his family for a while after getting married, so you could take your time finding a home. However, you had to move to Winter Haven very quickly since his family kept trying to eat you. Your personality quirk is that you're afraid that everyone wants to eat you, especially your husband. You often cite the incidents of his family trying to eat you to prove that's his ultimate goal.

heidi.jpg

CallMePie

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Heidi Hippo, one of Winter Haven's farmers. Despite being a water mammal, you've always been drawn to the land and excel as a farmer. Your personality quirk is that you are a hypochondriac. You often complain of odd maladies that sound made up. These complaints and fears are expressed most often when there's a lull in conversation.

Role: You are the Fluffy Pink Squirrel Who Turns into a Yellow Bunny Only After Fuschia Frogs Turn Back into Tadpoles which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Commuter/Bodyguard. Each night you can target one person and protect them from being killed by any other player with a killing ability. You have a 50/50 chance of being killed instead. However, if you survive, the identity of the killer will be revealed to you. Conversely, you may also commute, meaning you may leave the Village, thereby protecting yourself from any potential attacks. Finally, you may not commute on two consecutive nights.

petey.jpg

darkdragon

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Petey Panda, one of Winter Haven's Fishermen. You miss Spring Haven, even though that was the place where you were eaten by a demon...twice...and then pooped out. Your personality quirk is that you have an imaginary friend who gives you very good advice or clues ... until you say them out loud and realize that your imaginary friend doesn't always seem to be on your side.

ralphy.jpg

babdboytje88

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Ralphy Rabbit, one of Winter Haven's Farmers. You're very jealous of how successful Heidi Hippo is with her farm. How did a water mammal get so good at farming land? :wacko: You are married to Ernie Elephant. You moved here from your old village when it became clear they were intolerant of your lifestyle...not the gay part, the cross-species part. Your personality quirk is that you love water and oftentimes want to play in a sprinkler or go swimming or spray people with a hose, especially when there's a lull in conversation. You always forget how afraid Ernie is of water and wish that he'd come play in the river with you.

booker.jpg

Dragonator

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Booker Bear, Winter Haven's Garbage Man. Due to your occupation, you always smell like dead fish, a smell you don't particularly mind. You are married to Becka Bulldog. She doesn't mind your awful stench as you don't mind the fact that she's hideous. Your personality quirk is that you are turned on by pain and oftentimes ask Becka to do kinky things to you in public, especially when there's a lull in conversation. You always forget how much this embarrasses her, but it was her who started this fetish when she first hot-waxed your arms.

Alignment: You have a third-party role.

Role: You are the Lumberjack which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Serial Killer. Each night you target one player for death at the hand of your axe. However, there’s a catch. The only thing that can stop you is the Tree Stump. If the Tree Stump finds you, it will kill you. You must find it and kill it before it finds you. Since you are a one-man faction, (and likely to be metagamed) you come up as unreadable in investigations and are invincible on Night One. Nobody can kill you on Night One except for the Tree Stump. You're not really sure when you turned from Booker Bear to crazed killer and tree-stump hater. It's just that you hate that megablocking tree stump so much!!!

Win condition: You win when you have killed all of the other players. You cannot win while the Tree Stump is alive. If the Tree Stump is gone and the amount of players is down to three, you will be given the win.

portia.jpg

Cornelius Murdock

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing Portia Poodle, Winter Haven's Grocer. You are now married to Edgar Elephant. The spark between you really ignited after surviving the last ordeal together. He is your true love...and boy does he know how to work that trunk! Your personality quirk is that you compare every situation to your favorite fictional character, Harriet Slutter the child sorceress. You love her books, especially the most recent one: Harriet Slutter and the Chamber of Apple Sauce. Whenever you have a chance to compare a current situation to one of Harriet's adventures, you do so in great detail.

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers, yet you have an additional win condition.

Role: You are the Town Slut which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of Tree Stump (Not your traditional tree stump. You are basically the FBI Agent or psychiatrist). Your nemesis, the Lumberjack, is out there looking for you and will stop at nothing until you and every one else in Winter Haven is dead. Each night you target one player and sleep in their bed. If you sleep in the Lumberjack’s bed, you will kill him. The Lumberjack is a real killer, so if you sleep in the bed of the Lumberjack’s kill target, you’ll be killed as well. If the Lumberjack targets you, he will also kill your target. Your action is mandatory. You must sleep with a player every night. That player will be told they wake up with a tree stump in their bed, but your character identity will not be given to them. You are invincible on Night One, unless you are targeted by the Lumberjack.

Win condition: You win when all of the Cultists and the Lumberjack are dead.

I think it's important to add that the Scum team did an awesome job in this game. It really was impressive and it was somewhat agonizing that it ended the way it did. This is the game I put in place though and that's how the win conditions set out from the beginning brought this all to pass. I am sorry it worked out this way. I know it has to be a tremendous blow to be so close to winning and then not... Hopefully, if you agree with the mechanics or not, you can come to forgive me with time. :cry_happy: I can point out things to look for in the future?

Onto some notes:

1. No brown frogs, but maybe a bigger clue about conversion. What happened during a day opening in a land where the sun always shines?

2. Look back at Firuz's poems. Want to know how to choose the right color? No problem. I've spelled it out for you. :wink:

Onto Notes: (Some of these are harsh, be warned. This really gives you an idea of what I go through as a host. They are very honest notes)

Day One Notes

Day One Notes:

Let's start with the positive. They're all cracking me up. Cecilie, Cornelius and Tammo are really playing their personality quirks and doing a great job at it. Flitwick as usual, all of them really. That's exciting to see people having fun, playing a game.

So why does Eskallon have to ruin it by calling someone stupid 7 times in one post. If this was a regular thread, I'd swoop in and squash him, but it could be a tactic. :hmpf: He hasn't played since IMHOTEP so maybe he's missed all of the discussions about putting the tact back in tactics. Anyway, I hope they vote him out for being a dick. :laugh: I did think we beat that out of him in IMHOTEP, but whatever. I'm especially annoyed he had to do it to darkdragon who is on the more sensitive side as it is.

The Scum are already talking about converting Draggy :moar: Can I force that somehow? :blush: Just kidding. At this point I'm glad we decided to make vanilla Townies come up as "Corruptible" for the Night Action Investigator. :thumbup: I hope they don't try to convert Rufus. They'd fail and waste a night. :cry_sad:

Is it too late to say "If the conversion fails, the person is killed?" :hmpf_bad: Or is that over-powered?

Day One Notes:

Scouty is always such a flailing confused Scum. I have no idea how he's survived so many games. That last answer about being consistent. :wacko: What the hell? :laugh: It's funny how quickly he painted a target on his back. The Town is going to feel so empowered if they bag a Scum on Day One. Then I predict the Scum will use Scuba as the puppet.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Scouty thought that being an argument mediator would make him look like Town. :hmpf: I'll be surprised if he can weasel his way out of this, though stranger things have happened. It's an improvement over Town from Excalibur.

Right now, however, the votes are all over the place. With Scuba pressing Scouty though, who knows what Scouty will say. He looks scummier every time he posts.

Day One Notes:

I can't stand when players call other players stupid. I've stepped in, in the past but again, I'll let Scubacarrot do it, since it's a valid tactic. He told me he respected def as a player and I can totally see it in his play style, which I really don't like at all. Being rude to people and calling them stupid doesn't help anything. He is dead on right about Scouty, but who's going to join his side? People who like to be called stupid? I wonder how this works in their real lives. "Well, at work and home, when I tell people they're stupid, they change their minds and do what I want them to." :wacko::sick: I don't like it. It's hard to watch. I would like to see Scuba and Eskallon taken out of the game, just because I think they're poor sports.

Furthermore, the Scum is at a major disadvantage. Whenever Shadows has a power role, he doesn't do well to try and lead the team he's on. You would think with all of his experience and the opinion that he is the best Mafia player ever, he would have some advice for his fellow Scum team. I still think they're strategizing somewhere besides the writeboard. Hopefully, he's telling them something. I don't like not seeing what they're talking about but I guess I'll have to get used to it. Shadows doesn't like writeboards because he thinks the host is going to megabluck with them based on their plans. This may have been true of me in the past, but now I just want to be privvy to what's happening in my game. I want to be entertained too. :cry_sad: Anyway, it's disappointing to see Shadows not try and form a plan or involve his team in a plan to win, or even share any experience.

They'll have to kill Scuba if they want to survive. Luckily, he's insulting people's intelligence so they're not going to listen to him. The Scum should get rid of him now before the Town realizes, behind the insults, he's right.

Day One Notes:

Did I give CorneliusMurdock the role of participation enforcer and then forget? :laugh: I love it.

Day One notes: This is one reason I considered re-drawing roles, the Scum team concerns me. If they're not talking in private somewhere, the activity for coordination is low. Excalibur Scum were working really well together and that made them a formidable team, even if the game structure was somewhat weak (arguably). I think I have a strong structure, I just don't see any coordination. And Masked hasn't really stopped in. I'd like a team on the Scum side. Granted, it's only Day One, but I thought I'd see some activity on the board considering one of their numbers is tied for the lynch... :sceptic:

Night One Notes

Night One notes:

How did Fangy choose his Night Action? :laugh: Can't the walrus ever live past Day Two? I love that figure. :cry_sad: I do wonder if Fangy chose him because he was standing on the statue. Fangy has a tendency to find clues in everything. :hmpf:

Everybody solves this anagram.

Shadows and Fangy both choose Masked Builder as their first kill target. Shadows doesn't even know who's on his team. :hmpf: What the megabluck?

Night One Notes:

Are the Scum planning to kill Pandora? I can't tell if the want to kill her or convert her. What language are they speaking in?? I have no idea what they plan to do tonight. Tailor Scouty? Investigate Draggy? Make Eskallon kill... ?? Block??

If they investigate Draggy, he comes up corruptible. I'm kind of worried about them converting him now because it really puts Draggy in a position to win this whole thing. :sceptic: Not that he wouldn't have an in with Shadows anyway, and not that the serial killer doesn't have to kill everyone. But if he knows exactly who the Scum are, he can kill people off until he's got the balance where he needs it to win, making sure neither of the other teams win before he can satisfy his role condition. It's a perfect storm for the serial killer and would be my second game in a row where the serial killer won. However, nobody seems to want to kill or convert Cornelius. Either way, I don't think changing the result the role cop would get on Draggy would make a difference with Shadows as Godfather. They have a tendency to work together regardless, so I say we keep the result the way I decided before we started. Corruptible.

The only reason to change it would be that it's Draggy. I think if we told the Scum Draggy was the Serial Killer, the Scum would steamroll the Town with two kills. Now I hope we can just convince Draggy to keep it a secret if and when he's converted.

How am I justifying letting him be converted to Scum if he can't win with the Scum? :look: He's converted. The Scum think he's Scum, but he still has the serial killer win condition. Do I give him the blocker role if Masked is gone? :look: Is this too crazy?

This is how I see it: converting the serial killer - The Scum convert the serial killer, he becomes Scum but his win condition remains that he wants them all dead. In the mean time he works with them as the blocker, keeping his serial killer status quiet. He still wins when all the Town and Scum are dead. So he becomes, Scum-aligned serial killer.

But what if it's down to a situation where there are two Scum, Draggy and three Villagers? :look: The Scum are tied, but the game doesn't end. Usually when numbers are equal, the game can end unless the Town has it's blocker or vigilante remaining. In the case of this game, it would continue since Draggy could still kill them all at that point.

This is where hosting gets difficult. When the one thing you put together that has a rare chance of working actually comes close to fruition and you have to work out all the fine details before it actually happens.

Night One Notes: Prediction - Town will win. Look at these Scum. They can't even get it straight who they're considering targeting. Why are they talking so much about converting?? Use the Puppet-Master! :cry_sad: I want to see my new role used. Everyone has their night actions in except for Scum.

I love Cornelius Murdock. So so funny. I forgot half of what I intended to type for day notes, so expect quadruple posts coming up. :laugh:

Notes Night One: The Scum are actually pissing me off pretty hardcore right now. They're not reading what anyone else is saying. They're not coordinating. Two of them stop by once every two days. I'm very annoyed. I put together a good game and then it's going to be hampered by apathy, this time from the Scum. Pissed off!

Night One Notes: In other news, why does Scouty panic so easily? A. He thinks he was blocked. B. He thinks that if he was blocked they person who blocks him knows that he has an Action. This is why I wish Shadows would be around a little more often. To knock sense into Scouty and calm him down.

Day Two Notes

Day Two notes:

I'm impressed with a lot of people participation level. JimButcher is doing really well in addition to being more active than he was in Steampunk.

One thing I'm considering is possibly giving the Scum a one-shot strongarm enhancer for their puppet master kill. Maybe they can win it in the puzzle? I just realize that there's a lot of ways that kill can fail and I'd like to give them an opportunity to punch it through... :sceptic: I don't know... Maybe Night One was just unlucky.

That's one reason I'm still annoyed with the Scum for not discussing their kill. Why would the target Pie? It's honestly not like he's a formidable player. Why wouldn't they go for someone like Rick, Rufus, Cornelius, Tammo, Sandy, anybody but Pie, really?

Here are some day two notes:

There are two Town connections being made that are dangerous for the Scum.

One, Pandora and WaterbrickDown (as you pointed out) if she motivates him, the Town get three investigations every two days! :cry_sad: Yikes! That is super powerful, isn't it?

Two, WhiteFang and Cornelius. The psychiatrist and the vig. The good news for the Scum about this one is that Cornelius (since he's spilling his conscience to us) is considering trusting Shadows. That puts Shadows, the investigation-immune Scum king very close to the vig. I know Cornelius wouldn't give Shadows the vig's identity. Probably not ever. But if he starts trying to coordinate people, he may start listening to Shadows's advice on who the vig should kill.

Speaking of vig, if WhiteFang uses the same criteria to kill someone on Night Two that he did on Night One, we may lose Dannylonglegs tonight. I'm considering announcing that danny has said he can't be active until Tuesday. I did it fro TinyPies, but I also don't want to draw any attention to danny right now. There's enough going on in the day thread to keep focus away from him. This is an exciting game, I have to admit.

I almost want to give the Scum a second conversion just to build a better team... :sceptic: Meddling!

Scouty is pretty Scummy. I really wish I would've swapped some other players out to balance the Scum team better to start with. I'm glad to see he came up with not claiming PBTO on his own and told Shadows no. Sometimes I think he pre-emptively defends himself which is a huge scumtell. His first post today was cringe-inducing. So was his "defense" to Scuba yesterday.

And I take back what I said about Scouty. Half the Town is saying that he seems innocent. Way to make yourself a target, almost get lynched on Day One and then turn it around the next day to having half the town defending you and having an in with the watcher! And Shadows's attitude has really improved today. How did a shitty Night Action result put them in a better place to play from? :laugh: Even if they lose the less active danny and amy they'll still end up with three strong players. :thumbup:

Quick notes:

Day 2 note: The Scum think Scuba is the protector and they're blocking him on a night when they're not going to kill anyone. :hmpf:

I wonder if Rick and Cecilie are planning their suspicion of each other. It makes them less of a threat to the Scum and more likely to survive and help pull the Town together behind the scenes. It would be a great idea.

Yay! Cornelius targets badboy. :blush: I got real nervous that Draggy wouldn't get to kill or be converted. Hosting can be hard!

Double Post:

Day 2 Notes: No, Waterbrick Down! Bad dog! Don't change the votes now. I have a date after work and I've already taken the pictures for the day conclusion with Tammo getting lynched. People are sending their Night Actions in. Don't megabluck this up! What's the matter with you? What are you doing, playing the game? :laugh:

Scum and Town will both think they've blocked the serial killer. Rick could get lynched tomorrow. Zepher is highly likely to get a lynch started on him. That's my prediction.

Day Two Notes:

Scumbaradish gets a D- for his roleplaying.

Day Three Notes

Day Three notes:

Town is lazily voting off people not in the EB "popular crowd". :sceptic: That's an unpleasant side effect of games with a lot of Mafia vets.

Draggy is in a good position to cause some havoc. If he's smart he'll start giving away his "teammates" to the Village when the numbers start dwindling. Then when he starts killing Scum he can claim the Town must have a bus driver. :laugh:

Day Three Notes:

Please tell me that Pandora, Rick and Cecilie are schooling all of us other Mafia players on how to truly conduct a sting. :cry_sad: I love Cecilie and her character is really cool. I love the design of him. :cry_happy: And he plays a little flute...

Day Three Notes:

Sandy absolutely gets an award for good sport of the day, expertly displaying two personality quirks, one ridiculously complicated one at that. :laugh: He's so awesome. I'm really happy he's playing this game. :wub:

Day Three Notes: When something happens like Cornelius guesses that the Scum have recruited the Lumberjack, it takes me a moment to figure out how to separate it from what I know and what he's thinking. He thinks Jim and badboy are both Scum and they have the Lumberjack in their corner. With Dragonator voting along with JimButcher, does that create trouble for our dear Draggy? Or is Jim's insistence that Draggy is Scum going to allow him to continue gliding under the radar.

How can I scare people into thinking a lynchee's spouse is also dying. :devil: That would megabluck with Night Actions too much...never mind.

Day Three Notes: The Scum is planning to have JimB kill himself so it looks like they were lovers. They would be such geniuses if they had Draggy kill one person and Scouty make the spouse kill themselves, every night. That would make it seem like the game mechanic is "One dies, the other dies" making them think that every spouse has the same affiliation. That would be suspicious when Shadows and Danny don't die, though... But it's a fun idea in the mean time. :blush:

The Scum gets so many gifts in this game. The latest gift is Eskallon. He's formed an alliance with Scubacarrot and now Scubacarrot thinks he's Scum. :laugh: Oh boy, the balance is set, the mechanics are in Action. The Scum made the most powerful conversion they could, balanced now only by the fact that Draggy is supposed to kill them all. There are so many smart Townies left. Let's hope they can somehow pull it together.

Cecilie is dead on about iamded and unfortunately doesn't have the support. Hopefully, once the game is over, she can remember that being aggressive is fine. It's certainly nothing to apologize for. This game is ... cliquish. :look:

Day Three Notes: Both Eskallon and Cecilie had their heads on the chopping block today and, for some reason, didn't vote! Don't they know how Scummy that looks?

Night Three Notes

Night Three Notes:

Well, if Cecilie and Rick were running a gambit then it backfired on them. I found an interesting article on Mafiawiki called "Lynch all Liars" about Town is best not to run sting operations. I think Excalibur was a good example of that.

So, this is where we stand. Before Cornelius gets his Action in, (we're only waiting on him and Eskallon, who is blocked anyway) we already have three deaths: JimB, Rick and Cornelius. Unless Cornelius chooses a Scum to sleep with, we'll have four dead Townies tonight. With yesterday's lynch, the Town will be faced with five townie deaths in the morning, ready to lynch Cecilie or Eskallon. So, waiting for Cornelius to say who his target is is somewhat of a nail-biter. This makes me kind of glad that Cornelius dies tonight, as awful as that sounds. If he's coordinating with Fangy, the time and schedule difference is insane and there would probably always be this lag in getting the last Action in. Still though, it's a small consolation. :cry_sad: Good night, Portia.

Night Three notes: Noooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry_sad: I did not expect this at all. CorneliusMurdock has inadvertently killed Pandora. Eskallon protected her, but he is blocked. megabluck megabluck megabluck. I barely got to do anything fun in the interludes with Gibson. The watering can eating was funny, but still... :cry_sad:

Day Four Notes

Day Four Notes: Major props to the Town for fighting back!! You've turned a celebration day for the Scum into a truly frustrating day for them. They're yelling at me about people's penalty votes. :laugh: I'm annoyed that the Town didn't see the parchment and Rufus isn't taking the airplane ride. But, they're concentrating on the important things. Analyzing people's behavior. And they're coming to great conclusions. Zepher has had it with Draggy. Cecilie and Sandy are both onto iamded and Scouty's head is on the chopping block. The balance swings back. Nice to see an active Town not giving up! :sweet: That being said, the Scum has done an incredible job weaseling their way into people's trust and out of votes before. So, this day can still go either way. Only time will tell. I've been impressed with them so far so let's see how they try to turn this around. Draggy and Shadows together are a force to be reckoned with. Iamded, Danny and especially Scouty have proven to understand the Scum side of the game pretty well. This is an exciting game. I'm very happy with is at this point.

One thing they should consider, though, is that Scouty should've come out with the parchment right away and said "Let's look at it for clues" to the whole Village. Right now he's planning on trying to say it proves Carly was Scum. That would be silly. He should just simply say "I found this and I'm sharing it." I hope he can stay calm. His Day One defense was weird and I don't know how he's avoided suspicion up to this point. He shouldn't have tried to fall off the radar like he did. In for a penny, in for a pound...

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see Scouty just give up. He spent two hours supposedly composing a defense and then just says, "I have to go to bed, I'll do it tomorrow." :hmpf: I understand it's hard to move, defend yourself and post from a phone, but to just go silent after two people have said Scum either freak out or freeze up. Way to just jump into the "freeze-up" category with both feet. Post something. :wall: Sometimes as a host, you're privy to information that just makes you roll your eyes and slam your head into the wall at the same time. Scouty, can you whip up that emoticon for me? Thanks...

Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I say that, my browser freezes up and I lose the interlude post for the night. :wall:

I made the mistake of mentioning lions. :hmpf: I always forget I can't make jokes. :hmpf_bad: I like jokes...

:cry_happy: Phew, so Scouty does make a post. :blush: I still think it'd be good to just post the picture and say "let's look for clues" but I can't control the players. They should post my shitty picture since I took time to make it. :laugh: Anyway, I'm glad Scouty posted a defense before turning in and I have to say he continues to impress me. He's done a ton better job in this than in the first Forest. His track record shows he wins as Scum quite a bit, but I would advise him to never say "it's a fair cop" again. Ever.

megabluck, the Scum team think that the parchment means Carly was Town. :hmpf: I just used a megablocking cow because she was already dead. It was just supposed to be a cool thing. God damn it, I can't do anything without somebody thinking it means something. The Town can find Carly if Rufus would take his airplane ride but he's too busy whinging about roleplaying. I hope the votes stay where they are. Lynch Casey! :blush: I don't really hope that. Everybody's playing a good game here. However, I do realize it's the Scum's game to lose at this point...

The Scum game was a bit bumbly today. Draggy got tripped up by Zepher. iamded sounds like he's going to fall into this "I talked to somebody that thinks iamded has a Night Action" weird thing Sandy is talking about. Nobody has target iamded. This is really strange. Interesting but strange.

Amy's defense is so weird "I don't want to be a part of a townie lynch again." Who says that??? Town shouldn't be afraid of that. It's a risk of playing Mafia. :wacko: Then he had a pretty good post ready to counter Sandy and then decided not to since they want to kill Sandy. But it was a specific "I hope you survive the night" to him, which would make it look like a setup (WIFOM) and then he said it was what he had said to Cecilie. What better way to seem legitimate than to act in public the way you do in private? Never mind, he mostly posted what he intended to. This was a good day for Town. They knocked three Scummies onto the defensive.

Day Five Notes

So Day Five Notes: boy, do I have a lot to catch up on here. I should've been writing these as I came up with them but there isn't enough time in a day!!! Any Scum wanting to appear Town should take notes on Cecilie's post. That's a fierce Townie trying to wake everybody up.

I was happy with the Town's chances today. There was a very even balance at the beginning of the day. The Scum is scratching their heads as to why Draggy's kill didn't work. They don't seem to understand that Esky protected Rufus. I thought that was standard. Well, it's how this game is going no matter if they like it or not. Mafiawiki says kills happen last as if all triggers were pulled simultaneously. Why would Eskallon not have been able to protect? They blocked Sandy who they thought was the investigator. Why did they block her if they expected killing to stop the Action? :wacko: Zepher knows he blocked Scum, he just thinks so for the wrong reasons. The Scum is in too good of a position to take advantage of Rufus's and Scubacarrot's mistakes. They may even be able to get Scuba lynched tomorrow. He killed Sandy and is leading lynches on Townies. :sceptic:

Town lynches a Cultist and blocks the serial killer. I thought that would've given them more momentum. The discussion has stopped. Cecilie is absolutely right. They should know something is up considering how quickly the votes came in. They should be looking at who paused and when yesterday. I think the tunnel vision on Cecilie is because Pandora and Rick both suspected her. When Cecilie turns up as Town, I bet they go directly after Horace and Seamus.

I would love to see WhiteFang kill Shadows tonight. :laugh: Just to see if his well hasn't been poisoned, so to speak. I wonder if Shadows will try to legitimize his advice by sacrificing Danny or Amy. That would be smart. Meatshield!

Sandy making up a vague result is odd. I read an article on Mafiawiki called Lynch All Liars that must be introduced here.

This is a nail-biter for the Town!!!! Please tell me they're not going to lose Zepher, Rufus and TinyPies all in one night! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: Oh why why why!? I really hope that Cecilie showing up Town leads them to the one-two punch of lynching iamded and killing Danny. I want the Town to have a fighting chance here. They're doing really well at working together! They've just been thrown way off course by this Cecilie business. I really like Cecilie as a player and I'm going to give her a hell of a death scene.

Day Five Notes: Aaaaaaaaaah! :grin: :grin: :wub_drool::cry_happy: Go Pie! Go Pie! Go Pie! He's bodyguarding Rufus instead of commuting! Oh, I love him. He's my new favorite what a great move! AAAAAAAAH!!! And so far it seems the Scum doesn't understand that he should be blocked. Dannylonglegs is suggesting they block Flitwick. Oh please oh please oh please block Flitwick. Please!!!! Unfortunately, if they don't block Pie and kill Rufus, Pie will die. I already flipped the coin. :cry_sad: I couldn't be more impressed with Pie right now. I'll be super annoyed if they block him!

Is it too late to make Cecilie a vengeful spirit? :blush: Yes, it is and I won't do that, but it would make such a good story. Oh please oh please oh please don't block Pie!

Day Five Notes: So, Shadows has convinced WhiteFang to kill Scumba. I'm assuming that since Shadows thinks Fangy will kill whoever he asks him to. :sceptic: Hmm... It's like the Scum have three killers. I'm glad the invention is back on the table. I wonder if Shadows did convince Fangy to kill Scumba. If he did, he didn't discuss it with his team at all. Not like they can just make Fangy do whatever they want. Fangy would have to have input and agree. So, the one Night where nobody focuses on Scumba, they finally kill him. :sceptic: Poor Scumba. I think he's just misunderstood...and actually just a radish. Nom nom nom.

So, Foog, the Scum basically have three killers. What do we do? Let it go? Try to balance it out somehow? Cecilie, the vengeful spirit? :grin: ... :blush: No meddling, no interfering, no Bobbies. We should call host interference a Bobbie. However, when a host notices an imbalance, he can do something. The invention Action will come with a protect and track option tonight. That's one thing. Should I add a block to it? I won't do an investigation. They'll just use it on Shadows and get all confused. Cecilie, the vengeful spirit? She'll probably just kill WhiteFang... :laugh: No, we know she'd go after iamded, so I'd basically be removing iamded from the game on a whim to keep the balance. I shouldn't do it... right? Shouldn't ... do ... it. :look:

Second half of day notes coming soon. It won't all fit in one post. :blush:

Sorry town... I am a failure in this game of life, a lousy vig too... :cry_sad:

I had let you guys down... I only did the right thing by killing off Masked... and everything else just went off the track...

The most difficult decision which I had made behind-the-scene, is to trust Shadows over Rufus... It is my plain oversight and misjudgement...

And, Shadows, you are in my shit list... :hmpf_bad:

The ultimate meatshield tactic.... zzzzz, I am gonna take a break from mafia for awhile... Sigh.... ahhhhhhhhhhh...

There are lots of megablocking grievance now!

And, thank you Hinck for being such an awesome and dedicated host.

Sorry CM, I can't live up to yours and town expectations. :cry_sad:

First off, thank you Hinckley for letting me play. It was an honor to play with some of the greats of EB mafia, even if it was for such a short amount of time. :blush: The presentation, story, characters, enforced role-playing, and interesting mechanics were amazing, good job Hinckley and Foog. :thumbup:

I'm not terribly pleased with my performance, but as this was my first time as an investigator I struggled to find the balance between participating and drawing too much attention to myself. Sorry I never contacted you Pandora, your accusations against me during Day 1 caught my eye as something outside of the normal accusations being thrown around and I wanted a second night action result under my belt just in case you were either the god-father or a framed cultist. Sadly, that Day 3 never conversation come about. :cry_sad:

BAWK!

Hurrah!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Shadows.

I KNEW you were fooling us. Sort of.

I protected Whitefang after we both claimed to you. That way, if Rufus showed up town, I figured we'd have covered our bases. I thought out of the two of us, you would kill Whitefang. Turns out I was wrong. Too bad, I would have gotten you. I'm confused Whitefang didn't tell everyone that you were the only person other than him that knew I had a Night Action. I thought that would have been enough to lynch you... and the fact that Rufus was a Villager... WHICH MEANT HIS RESULTS WERE TRUE. You were right to kill me, I'd have gone after you like a hellhound the next day.

Draggy... I voted for you once. So... small victory there too.

Hincks, I always have fun. BAWK BAWKITY BAWK BWAK, BAWK BAWK!

So yeah, hey guys. :blush:

So much blood, the spirit is pleased... maybe he will bring back my Becka. :wub:

Shadows I wish we could have won together... :cry_sad: I will have lamb chops tonight in your honour.

*huh* Damn.

Fan-friggin'-tastic game, Hinckley. The presentation was amazing, and the game mechanics themselves were (somewhat. 8-shot JOAT scum :sing: ) balanced, despite being almost deranged, but if it wasn't then it wouldn't've been a real Hinckley game. :grin_wub:

This has easily been one of my favorite mafia games so far. I've learned a lot throughout it, and can (finally) say that I have a grasp on how to play as a townie properly, mostly through comments in the dead writeboard and from the town slaughter near the end of the game. :look:

It's not really a bad thing about the serial killer conversion thing, to be honest it seems like a hard thing to balance. The scum dominated, though. Scouty's role summed it up, the scum were just playing the town like puppets. I even guarded Shadows one night. :blush: Having JimB kill himself was an awesome move, as was lynching Horace - it pretty much topped off everyone's trust in Shadows and would've ruined Rufus'.

I liked the challenges. They were a fun mechanic. But I demand to know the answer to Night Six's riddle. Unless it was some twisted riddle within a riddle (the carousel one was funny), I know I got that one right. :cry_sad::tongue:

Oh, yes, before I forget, thank you for giving us personality quirks and insisting that we use them. I liked having fun in a mafia game again! :thumbup: I feel that by focusing on those, we were forced to pay less attention to being angry. Even when I was gunning for someone (and I personally think I'm rarely rude in mafia games.... but even so...) I could ALWAYS laugh at a clever post they made.

Oh, yes, before I forget, thank you for giving us personality quirks and insisting that we use them. I liked having fun in a mafia game again! :thumbup: I feel that by focusing on those, we were forced to pay less attention to being angry. Even when I was gunning for someone (and I personally think I'm rarely rude in mafia games.... but even so...) I could ALWAYS laugh at a clever post they made.

The roleplaying was great too, especially due to how forced it was. Don't roleplay, you die. :wub:

So yeah, hey guys. :blush:

So much blood, the spirit is pleased... maybe he will bring back my Becka. :wub:

Shadows I wish we could have won together... :cry_sad: I will have lamb chops tonight in your honour.

I wish I saw your very quick meat shielding as an omen to betrayal, but no way anything like that would have happened :ugh:

Good on you, though. Makes me regret converting you now, or me not going with my plans to throw you under the bus to save myself on Day 4. :sadnew:

Congrats on the win, jerk :tongue::dhappy:

Guess I'll post a more reflective post of myself tomorrow, but overall I'm both happy and disappointed in my efforts. Like Hinck says above, I panic easily. I really wish my conditions were better, but it's impossible to predict when things go absolutely against you. I just did not perform as well as I liked and it was absolutely frustrating when I was getting lynched. That was the worst ever. Whatever, move on. Past the extremely high stress-inducing moments, I had fun, and that's what matters. Even had fun in death pestering the dead. Sorry, I'm annoying :blush:

That's all, for now. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

I was also confused by Whitefang killing Scumba at a point when MOST of the town was saying he was pretty a-okay in their books.

I can't wait for Shadows to show up. :wub:

Hinck thank you so much for all the work you put into this game, you did a fantastic job. Every day had awesome things to read, and that video was just epic. I love how the village gradually went to hell, you did a very effective job with the pictures. Presentation was top notch, from the cute mod notes and interludes to the fun little night puzzles. Certainly an example for other hosts to look up to. :thumbup:

Scum, great team work, I really do wish we could have made it together. The sacrificing of Horace was a great show of team play, and I didn't even feel like a neutral until that last night really. Sure I purposefully missed a kill to make sure we got down to the right number before we outnumbered the town, but on the whole we were a great team, very deserving of making it to the end. I would have loved to bring you all back to life, but spirit said no. :sad: As a neutral, you did a hell of a good job compared to the town.

I know, Scouty, I know. You guys were active and dedicated. You just missed one thing... :blush::sceptic:

Day Six Notes (Sorry, Zepher)

Day Six Notes: What????

Zepher, what the megabluck are you talking about?????? You're going after Flitwick??? You block iamded, and there's no axe killing. You try to block him again, you aren't successful, there is an axe-killing and you're going after Flitwick????? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: megablocking stupid werewolf. No, I don't feel bad about saying this. megablocking stupid!!!!! He hasn't even read his Night Action results!!! :hmpf: Oh my God, what a complete and utter douchebag. You dickless retard, what are you doing?????

OK, never mind. He's paying attention. Mindy. Why Mindy??? Of all the people to go after???? megabluck. And my flowers are misleading. There are five white flowers, megabluck-stick! :laugh: Now, I'm just being stupid. Zepher's not really a complete idiot...fully. But he's got Mindy and Gilda on there and Shadows in the Town list. There are five white flowers. Five Townies left!!!! Four bad guys. Four bad guys... Not four Scum, one serial killer and four Townies. :cry_sad: Understand my clue! :cry_sad:

Go after Horace!!!!!

:blush: I feel better now.

This town is ducked.

Zepher, MULTIPLE PROVEN TOWNIES???????? Where? :wall:

Oh, the ironing: The Scum are parroting Zepher. Zepher is citing Cecilie and Sandy on proven townies. Which I suppose is fine, but Sandy making up that night action is stopping Zepher from paying attention to the real evidence Rufus has. I hope Rufus is doing better getting people to trust him behind the scenes. I'm afraid the remaining Town will assume iamded is Town because the Scum are all pushing for his vote. iamded's posts though should've been Scummy enough to get him lynched a long time ago.

Day Six Notes: This entire game is hinging on what WhiteFang does tonight. The dead writeboard and the living Town is going to be screaming at me as iamded penalties himself out. :hmpf: megablocking control freaks, the Scum that is. Needing it to be who they want to be voted out. Losing a Scum is losing a Scum. Why insist on losing iamded if the Town suddenly believes he's Town. :hmpf: Squandered opportunity to cruise through to the end...

I so wish darkdragon was still playing. She's guessing all of the Scum moves correctly.

Further concrete evidence??? (from WhiteFang) What the megabluck more does a Mafia player thinks he's going to get than a tangible Night Action result?? :hmpf:

megabluck this Town. They're going to block and kill Rufus? megabluck them all. Our only hope is that Tiny Pies give Rufus the one-shot commuter. Rufus has nobody to motivate, since they plan to kill and block him anyway.

Who in their right mind would megablocking listen to Shadows for this long??

Day Six Notes: Quarryman, you're worthless.

Oh, and I take it back. The Scum are not control freaks. They are brilliant. They're meat shielding iamded in case Rufus survives the night, Zepher and Fangy will believe Rufus was trying to protect Horace. :hmpf: Damn it, that is so megablocking smart. I just hope Dragonator megablocking kills Shadows tonight.

Scum is going to block and kill WhiteFang and have Draggy kill Zepher. That's two Townies down. 3 Townies left, 2 Scum, 1 Serial killer. What if Draggy kills Shadows? 4 Town, 1 Scum, 1 Serial Killer... I don't think Draggy will leave those chances for himself just yet. He could kill Shadows and claim to Dannylonglegs that the Town must have a bus driver... That would be the smart thing to do. Can I suggest that to him? :look:

It would be so so awesome if Draggy targeted Shadows tonight. That would make for such a good game. It would clear up all the confusion that Shadows caused by meat-shielding Amy. I guess that's what I'm waiting on with baited breath here: Draggy's Action, the official Scum Action and WhiteFang. It's very interesting that nobody is changing their vote yet nobody is getting Night Actions in. The Scum have guaranteed an Amy death. Even if the Town turns it around, the two penalties guarantee his lynch. Rufus is speaking so logically and Shadows' defense is so Scummy, even by his own "fool-proof" Scum-tell method. I can see where Shadows thinks he's performing the role of Town based on his own theory of Scum-tells, but it's super weak and his tearing Rufus's story apart as opposed to analyzing everything is ludicrously Scummy. Shadows has his own tells that he would never admit to, they're subtle but there's a big difference between Scum Shadows and Town Shadows. I'm amazed more people aren't wondering about Rufus's Night Action results. Shadows seems to be the only one insisting they're made up. Everyone else seems to at least believe they could be possible. That's where Rufus would benefit from taunting Shadows more. The more Shadows talks the more holes are likely to pop up in his lies. He's hinging everything on the fact that he knows damn well that Amy is Scum. Someone else did that in this game, Scouty and it was real subtle and they caught it. Shadows doing it is enormous and they're missing it.

It would be the same as Steampunk. Town and Scum are tied, but if the Night kill goes wrong, it could buy the Town one more day. At least, that's what it would look like to Shadows.

I would have a fun time ignoring him now that I know what to expect.

I really hope Rufus is building a final case that will be amazing. I'd like to encourage him to do so, but that would be meddling. Not to mention, confirming his suspicions...

Day Six Notes: Quarryman is exceedingly worthless.

What the megabluck did Rufus hope to gain by giving the shield to Zepher? You know what's going to happen? Zepher will protect Shadows, Draggy will kill Shadows but he'll be protected. megablocking aggravating. At least Flitwick won't die, giving us one more Townie than we would've had.

Let's talk about Shadows for a second. He's done an amazing job at duping everyone, especially Fangy. That's the key to the Scum's success, having three kills. However, what did he do to dupe Fangy? Fangy is a genuine, trusting friend. Shadows final "thank you to my friends" post makes my skin crawl. I was a douchebag when I was Scum in Bloodbrick II, no doubt. This is creepier than I was. I hope. Thank God I can look down my nose at someone.

With all the tools the Town had, why did nobody try to form a block????

And Fangy??? Oh Fangy.... :cry_sad::facepalm:

Zepher too. :hmpf::wall: :wall:

The Scum think it's the last night. They'll be shocked when they see Day Seven. :laugh:

Note Draggy killed nobody.

Besides losing Rufus, this is somewhat perfect. When Rufus turns up as Town, Fangy will realize he's been lied to. Now I kind of hope Zepher doesn't protect Rufus... :blush: Then again, Rufus may still commute. We don't have a Night Action from him yet...

If the Town voted against Shadows, Draggy would too. Draggy would probably let it tie and the switch at the last minute. Scum should've kept their vote thief. :grin: I love when people end up at a disadvantage because they're cocky.

And I think I'll give Shadows no indication as to why Draggy's kill didn't work. I'll let the two of them duke it out. It won't be my place to explain to Shadows all the different possibilities. Masked won the Inventor on Day One and they haven't even considered what that could mean since.

So, will Rufus motivate or commute?

Draggy's possible moves if only Zepher dies.

Rufus votes Shadows.

Danny and Shadows vote Rufus.

What do Quarry and Flitwick do?

Would Draggy vote out Shadows or Rufus?

Probably Rufus. To bring it down to: Shadows, Danny, Draggy, Flitwick, Quarry, WhiteFang.

At night, Shadows kills Flitwick, WhiteFang kills Quarry. Draggy kills Shadows, leaving just WhiteFang, Danny and Draggy. They would have to somehow hope that Danny doesn't block Draggy... They'd probably block Flitwick. :hmpf:

So, Rufus is ultimately ducked no matter what he does...

Day Seven Notes: Why is the megablocking Town not even participating? Is this their first Mafia game? Don't they know that when vocal people don't place the first vote, it's because they're Scum and they're afraid to put themselves out front? Why is Flitwick continuously asking Draggy for his list of suspicions. He said he had suspicions, he's not providing the, accuse and vote. This is below Flitwick's capabilities. Fangy can't play Mafia without someone telling him what to do and Quarry is a worthless piece of shit. This game should only continue to crown either Draggy or Shadows as the winner. I'm afraid that remaining invention from the Town may be what fucks it up. However, Rufus has no idea to give it to until he sees who may or may not be voted out. Wouldn't it be funny if Draggy waited until the last second and voted for Shadows so that Shawna was convicted with one vote? :rofl: Anyway, I should ask Rufus to forget he even got the invention. As it stand right now there are three killers and two blockers poised for Night Actions. :hmpf: That should be hard to discern what actually happens.

What kind of ducked up game can end up with 4 players left on Day Eight and all have an equal shot at winning? :hmpf: What have I done? I wonder if Draggy will kill a Scummie or a Townie. If he kills a Scummy and Shadows is blocked, it's on to Day Eight with 1 Scum, 1 Serial Killer and 2 Townies. :laugh: That would be ludicrous! And I would love it. Shadows has worked his megablocks off and done an awesome job. At the same time, he soared through because he had three kills a night at his disposal from Day Four on... I hope he has a chance to respond to the wrench in the works before being killed off. And I hope he blames it all on Draggy instead of me. Anyway, that was the balancing mechanic in the game. Scum could potentially run with 2 kills, therefore, they'll be countered by that Serial Killer wanting to kill them as well. Why did the Scum dump their Jack of All Trades? Imagine if Draggy had that at his disposal as well?

By the way. If it's down to four: 1 Scum, Draggy, 2 Townies, the remaining Scum gets a kill and a block. Draggy would not be allowed to carry another Scum Action.

Why, oh why, do the Scum think that killing someone negates their Night Action? How many games allow the kill to work as a block as well? :look: That's super gay.

Night Actions

Night One

Scum

Scouty targets Eskallon to kill CallMePie - Unsuccessful - CallMePie commutes

Masked Builder tailors Scouty - Successful - no effect

iamded investigates Dragonator's role - Successful - Corruptible

Dannylonglegs blocks Tamamono - Successful - no effect

Town

WhiteFang kills Masked Builder - Successful

WaterbrickDown investigates Pandora - Successful - Pandora is a Villager

JimButcher watches Scouty - Successful - Scouty is targeted by Masked Builder

Zepher blocks Rufus - Successful - no effect

Eskallon protects Scubacarrot - Successful - no effect

Pandora tracks Scubacarrot - Successful - Scubacarrot targets nobody

CallMePie commutes - Successful

CorneliusMurdock sleeps with Shadows - Successful - Shadows is not the Lumberjack

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills Bob - Successful

Night One Puzzle Winner: Masked Builder (can't hand out invention, dead Scum can't, dead Town can. Puzzle balances Jack-of-All-Trades)

Night Two

Scum

Scouty converts Dragonator - Successful - Dragonator becomes Double Agent

iamded janitors Tamamono - Successful

Dannylonglegs blocks Scubacarrot - Successful - no effect

Town

WhiteFang kills WaterbrickDown - Successful

WaterbrickDown investigates Scubacarrot - Unsuccessful - Info roles are not successful when killed. Too tempting to let the info slip to the living when the results go out.

JimButcher watches Cornelius Murdock - Successful - nobody targets CorneliusMurdock

Zepher blocks Rick - Successful - no effect

Eskallon protects Pandora - Successful - this saves Pandora from Dragonator's axe

Pandora motivates Flitwick - Successful - no effect. Flitwick is told he has a lot of energy

CallMePie guards Scubacarrot - Successful - no effect

CorneliusMurdock sleeps with badboytje88 - Successful - badboytje88 is not the Lumberjack

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills Pandora - Unsuccessful

Night Two Puzzle Winner: Pandora, gives tracker action to Rufus

Night Three

Scum

Scouty targets JimButcher to kill JimButcher - Successful

iamded bus drives any action directed at Dragonator to Scubacarrot - Successful - no effect

Dannylonglegs blocks Eskallon - Successful - Pandora is killed by Dragonator :sad:

Dragonator investigates Eskallon - Successful - Eskallon is the protector

Town

WhiteFang kills Rick - Successful

JimButcher watches Scubacarrot - Unsuccessful - JimButcher's character dies

Zepher blocks Scubacarrot - Successful - no effect

Eskallon protects Pandora - Unsuccessful - this leads to the death of Gibson :cry_sad:

Pandora tracks Shadows - Unsuccessful - Pandora's character is dead

Rufus tracks Flitwick - Successful - Flitwick targets nobody

CallMePie commutes - Successful

CorneliusMurdock sleeps with Pandora - Successful - Pandora is not the Lumberjack

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills CorneliusMurdock - Successful - this satisfies half of Dragonator's win condition and inadvertently takes Pandora out of the game as well.

Night Three Puzzle Winner: Rufus, ignores plane ride

Night Four

Scum

Shadows targets Scubacarrot to kill Sandy - Successful

iamded steals Scubacarrots vote - Unsuccessful - blocked by Zepher

Dannylonglegs blocks Sandy - Successful - no effect

Dragonator investigates CallMePie - Successful - CallMePie is the commuter/bodyguard, the /bodyguard part somehow gets ignored the following night when they plan their actions...

Town

WhiteFang kills Eskallon - Successful

Zepher blocks iamded - Successful - No Jack-of-All-Trades tonight! Vote thief blocked.

Eskallon protects Rufus and Zepher - Successful - Rufus does not die despite being targeted by Dragonator. Not sure why Scum think death is also a block, yet the blocked Sandy who had an info role. :wacko:

Rufus motivates Eskallon - Successful - Eskallon targets two players for protections.

CallMePie guards Zepher - Successful - no effect

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills Rufus - Unsuccessful - Rufus is protected

Night Four Puzzle Winner: Scubacarrot, takes plane ride, reveals Tamamono's allegiance

Night Five

Scum

Shadows targets Rufus to kill Rufus - Unsuccessful - Rufus has a bodyguard, CallMePie killed instead.

iamded commutes - Successful

Dannylonglegs blocks Zepher - Successful - Zepher can't block iamded and therefore comes to the conclusion that iamded is the Serial Killer.

Dragonator investigates Flitwick - Successful - Flitwick is corruptible

Town

WhiteFang kills Scubacarrot - Successful

Zepher blocks iamded - Unsuccessful - blocked by Dannylonglegs

Rufus tracks Shadows - Successful - Shadows targets Rufus

CallMePie guards Rufus - Successful - coin toss is not in Pie's favor. His character dies

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills TinyPiesRUs - Successful

Night Five Puzzle Winner: TinyPiesRUs gives commuter to Rufus, Rufus gives protector to Zepher

Night Six

Scum

Shadows targets Zepher to kill Zepher - Successful

Dannylonglegs blocks Quarryman - Successful - no effect

Dragonator investigates Flitwick - Successful - Flitwick is still corruptible - Scum think this is the final night so they discard the Jack-of-All-Trades

Town

WhiteFang kills Rufus - Successful

Zepher blocks Rufus - Successful - Rufus is unable to motivate Zepher

Zepher protects WhiteFang - Successful - no effect

Rufus motivates Zepher - Unsuccessful - blocked by Zepher

Serial Killer

Dragonator chooses not to kill anyone - Successful

Night Six Puzzle Winner: Rufus gives blocker to Flitwick

Night Seven

Scum

Shadows targets Flitwick to kill Flitwick - Successful

Dannylonglegs blocks Flitwick - Successful - they block each other

Town

WhiteFang kills Flitwick - Successful - Congratulations Flitwick, you are double-killed!

Professor Flitwick block Dannylonglegs - Successful - they block each other

Serial Killer

Dragonator kills Dannylonglegs - Successful

We did, no game allows a converted member to turn on their own team, and Hinck knows it, especially since he provided what he said was your role to us, and I directly called him a liar and he swore he wasn't. Hilarious that he tried to make me feel bad for calling him a liar when he was doing exactly what I said. :laugh:

I'll be honest, I really don't appreciate the browbeating I got from you for calling you a liar when you were lying so blatantly to us, and to use it at the end in this way... lame. That's all, just lame. You're allowed to be lame, but it is the last game of yours that I will play. It was fun, to that point, so thanks for that.

[*] If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.

Your own rules don't even allow that nonsense. :laugh:

He was converted, killing us is both not accepting the new affiliation and giving us up, so there you go, Scum + Neutral win. End of story. Seriously, right there in your own rules, but nice try. :laugh:

I even guarded Shadows one night. :blush:

I don't think you did. You guarded Scubacarrot...

I don't think you did. You guarded Scubacarrot...

Oh, no, I decided at the last minute to change it to Zepher. :blush:

So predictable... At least you're laughing. :grin:

We did, no game allows a converted member to turn on their own team, and Hinck knows it, especially since he provided what he said was your role to us, and I directly called him a liar and he swore he wasn't. Hilarious that he tried to make me feel bad for calling him a liar when he was doing exactly what I said. :laugh:

I'll be honest, I really don't appreciate the browbeating I got from you for calling you a liar when you were lying so blatantly to us, and to use it at the end in this way... lame. That's all, just lame. You're allowed to be lame, but it is the last game of yours that I will play. It was fun, to that point, so thanks for that.

I admitting several times to lying to you, with many witnesses, in the Scum PM.

Your own rules don't even allow that nonsense. :laugh:

Draggy's actual Role PM details his affiliation quite thoroughly.

He was converted, killing us is both not accepting the new affiliation and giving us up, so there you go, Scum + Neutral win. End of story. Seriously, right there in your own rules, but nice try. :laugh:

He didn't really have a new affiliation. He was still a third-party. His real role PM let him know the details of his role.

Hey, don't worry Shadows! At least Felix Fox won this rou-

Oh. :sadnew:

On a side-note, you know you were straight up torturing me by using that thread after you had killed me. I KNEW you had stabbed me in the back, and then I watched you string Whitefang along. :sceptic: But it was actually really impressive. You have a lot of emotion. That part where you said you stayed up all night thinking about it, and you thought you knew the scum... I ACTUALLY do that as town. Very believable.

Also, all the thread names were awesome this game. Thank you to everyone for your wit. :thumbup:

Well well well, congratulations Draggy, well played. (funny thing that I congratulated Scouty yesterday on the win, guess that's not relevant anymore :tongue:)

Hinckley, it's very good to see that you finally got the Serial Killer's win condition right, only took you what, six games? :tongue:

And I guess this game proves (yet again :hmpf_bad:) that I don't have time for mafia these days. I thought I'd manage to find time for it this time, but no, real life still keeps me way too occupied. Maybe in a year or two... (I do wonder how the Hell those of you who manage to do this properly find time to do it, because I sure can't..)

(also, I completely agree about me being a worthless piece of shit. :blush:)

He didn't really have a new affiliation. He was still a third-party. His real role PM let him know the details of his role.

WE megablocking CONVERTED HIM AND YOU TOLD US IT WAS SUCCESSFUL. If that didn't work, you don't tell us it did, especially when I directly ask and lay out the entire megablocks scenario that you just ended with.

I'm done with your games and I'm done with you. You put me through hell for suspecting you were lying when you were, so I assume that all the other things you told me during that were lies as well. You took it from being a game to being real life and used emotional blackmail to make me feel bad for having the exact suspicions I apparently was supposed to have.

Burn in hell for that, seriously.

Sticking my neck out for something I believe in. Even though doing it scares me a little.

Hinckley, Shadows, do not do this in this thread. Not playing the blame game. Don't know what happened behind the scenes on either end. But I'd really prefer to not see you fight over this.

You are both members I like and respect a lot. I don't want to see a fight. Not even remotely interested in it.

Bear in mind you played a game online. It was a game. It was fun. Both of you had fun. I saw you both admit it. That was over a month of fun.

Now, ask yourselves what this fight will pay off in. Probably anger. Probably... anger? Can you think of anything else? I can't. I literally cannot think of a single other thing this will end in other than hurt feelings and anger. What could you possibly gain? A piece of text that either stays the same, or changes to say you won a game online that you had fun playing either way?

The goal of mafia is to have fun. You both had fun. Why also experience anger for literally no reason? Fighting will gain you literally nothing. It is ridiculous to throw away a good experience in favor of a bad one, particularly when the bad one gains you nothing. Think ahead to the end result of this fight and see if it's worth the anguish.

That's my two cents. If you really feel like having this asinine fight that will end the fun and start the anger, don't do it in this thread. I had fun playing with both of you, and I don't want that fun to end for something I could care less about, such as who won, or if you wrote the rules exactly the way you meant them.

Sorry if that's harsh, but that's the reality of things. One of my beliefs in life is that you should measure each of your actions. What do you put in and get out. This fight looks like you put in anger, and get out anger. That's not something I would invest in.

WE megablocking CONVERTED HIM AND YOU TOLD US IT WAS SUCCESSFUL. If that didn't work, you don't tell us it did, especially when I directly ask and lay out the entire megablocks scenario that you just ended with.

I'm done with your games and I'm done with you. You put me through hell for suspecting you were lying when you were, so I assume that all the other things you told me during that were lies as well. You took it from being a game to being real life and used emotional blackmail to make me feel bad for having the exact suspicions I apparently was supposed to have.

Burn in hell for that, seriously.

No, that part was real. You really did piss me off and it was at an awful time for me and you were trying to manipulate me even after I explained the real life stress I was under. Emotional blackmail? :hmpf: That's more than over-dramatic, Shadows. It was your insults and refusing to take no for an answer that I had a problem with. Not calling me a liar. I did lie. I had to. It was part of the game mechanics. You can't ask a host a question and expect and then demand an answer. :laugh: And then insult him and then keep pushing when it's something you already know. Nobody else does that. If I tell a player I can't answer something, they move on and try to figure things out for themselves. The host isn't there to answer all your questions. And the game isn't supposed to be designed for you to glide through. If a team gets two killers, there has to be a balancing factor, especially since, in this case, it's the informed minority and they already know exactly who to target.

The rule you're quoting is out of context. That was added for Town players whose conversion took the wind out of their sails. Draggy's role was clearly defined to him at all times. He played the affiliation he was given. The two of you always claim to each other. That's already a disadvantage to other players. When you investigated him he came up as corruptible. It didn't say killer. Yet you somehow knew he had another role. It's hard to put the two of you in a game together because you do this and I considered throwing the names back when you were Godfather and he was Serial Killer. But I kept it thinking you guys deserved a shot at playing it the way it was meant to be played.

After Draggy was converted I removed the caveat from the rules about only using your role PM. It gave you guys the opportunity to communicate with me without him knowing about it. The flowers showed there was still separation. The game didn't end when the numbers were even... The Scum don't get to know everything just because they're the Scum. There are a lot of things they can't be told. This one is bigger than other and unprecedented but it's new and gives us a chance to think outside the box. You just totally missed it. When there's a false inventor the host has to give someone something that is booby trapped like Cornelius's grenade. As far as Draggy's win condition or original role PM, you continued to push and I told you it was inappropriate to discuss it. Yes, I doctored a fake role PM, but when you found out he was the serial killer, you had to have known that was fake. Yes, I added him to your role PM, but you insisted on it. So I replaced his name with Masked Builder's. You didn't even read it the first time when I crossed the names out and wrote the new ones next to the role. I gave you information and then you demanded the same information without thoroughly looking at it. Then you accused me of adding bodyguard to CallMePie's role, which had always been there, you just didn't read the Night Action result fully. And it was in the same word: Commuter/bodyguard. Then you started poking at me about the puzzles. Your team won the first puzzle and you saw it was an inventor...with only one invention. Why wouldn't you think more inventions might be added later? You can yell at me or you can play the next game (apparently, never mine again, which is fine) and think more about what is there for you to discover.

I knew you would react this way but I'm not going to change my game mechanics because of it. You really played a great game. It's impressive how well you do at Mafia games, but you just missed something. It may be unfair mechanics, it may be something you need to improve. I mean, I'll go to hell if that makes you feel better, but :look: I think you're over-reacting a bit. It is a game. I felt done by poorly by players and host after Bloodbrick I, but I didn't run around telling people to go to hell. I've told you worse in private :laugh: that's for sure, but um... I don't know what to say really. Sorry you feel so hurt by this...

Funny how Hinckley emphasized prior to the game that it is a game and that all players should not mix it up with reality. So Shadows lost according to Hinckleys made up rules. It is not goal of a game to lose, but it is still just a game. :)

I think it was a great game. Great roleplaying, great pictures, great roles. It was the second Mafia game I followed and I enjoyed it very much! A lot of thanks to all of you!

Probably anger. Probably... anger?

I'm not angry. I agree with you, though. Too bad I was typing the whole time... :laugh:

Sign in to follow this