Blake Baer

[MOC] Rivendell

7846517668_e37b5a175d_z.jpg

Rivendell by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

Hello all,

I present to you my latest creation. This is a collaborative with a good friend of mine for Brickfair VA 2012. Due to both of our unique interests in Lord of the Rings and our supreme passion for the LEGO brick, we decided to combine them into a creation for Brickfair 2012. This was our second time collaborating on a creation (our first collaborative being Amon Hen), and this was definitely the largest, hardest, and most fun project that either of us have worked on. Because of our unique building styles, we complemented each other well and used the best of both our talents to great effect. We chose Rivendell because of its beautiful landscape, its iconic nature, and the fact that it will be in the upcoming Hobbit movie trilogy. It is our hope that you will enjoy the natural beauty and our creative gifts as expressed in this artistic representation of Rivendell, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Signed,

Blake Baer and Jack Bittner

Enjoy!

Flickr pic | More Pictures (MOCpages) | Video

7846538528_528b81ea26.jpg7846538334_4ed2e6c560.jpg7846538756_397f1c1db3.jpg7846544676_74f08b7ba3.jpg7846540980_ecfb0b64c2.jpg7846553342_970d1d9529.jpg7846547448_f17769058b.jpg

I really appreciate hearing from you all. Please leave a comment letting me know what you think. Also, suggestions on how to make it better are quite welcome. :)

Cheers!

-Blake

Flickr pic | More Pictures (MOCpages) | Video

notworthy.gif Truly an outstanding collaborative effort by both of you! It may be hard to find the proper and right amount of superlatives to describe this creation, but allow me to thank you for doing this and sharing this with the whole FOL community, because this is something that we could only dream about getting in regular sets and through your passion and MOC expertise we've been given the chance to see this majestic Rivendell setting in LEGO form. My hats off to both of you Sirs Blake & Jack! notworthy.gif

Now to take more repeated looks to marvel at the various intricacies of this work of art... :wub:

Question: How long did you take to complete this collaborative build? And any estimate on the total piece count?

It IS amazing... the attention to detail... so many little things to find. Just awesome!

*oh2* I honestly do not know what to say. It's so beautiful!!! So much intricate detail. It seems real, and bursting with life! I'll need to look at it for hours to satisfy myself. :wub:

I saw this on Flickr last night and probably spent a good 45 minutes staring at all the details and colors. It is one of those builds that you just look at in awe.

Absolutely amazing job on it, it is instantly recognizable as Rivendell.

I can only say: Oooooooooh *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

Absolutely fantastic, I love it :pir-wub:

Wow, I never thought that someone could make such an iconic place from such a big movie franchise, to such an amazing standard. *oh2*

I think that I'll be staring at this for a while!

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

This is one of the greatest Lord of the Rings models I've ever seen. I'd need like an hour to list all the outstanding details, so I'll stick with dang. :oh3: Absolutely amazing work.

Like I said on Flickr, this is absolutely outstanding.

Seeing this was one of those rare occasions were my mind was blown rather greatly after seeing a MOC.

You and Jack did a fantastic job on this, it's large, yet bursting of details, all beautifully executed.

There are no words in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of men to describe this masterpiece while doing justice to it.

Definitely one of my favorite LEGO creations, and a great inspiration for me to get back to making more stuff myself soon again! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by General Magma

This is a fantastic creation! The different tree designs look amazing and work well together - they show great diversity. The waterfalls (all of them) are amazing as well. It's like almost you can hear the water going down. You really caught the spirit of water falling from high rocks. The stone steps next to the largest waterfall are an incredible detail. There are some details you can only see from up close, so I'm probably missing some. Despite that, the creation is simply stunning! Congratulations for this work! :thumbup:

I had seen this posted on someone's photostream from the convention and I was hoping you post it! This really tops all of your other LOTR builds....and that is saying alot based on the prestige of those builds!

Fantastic work, the best LOTR moc I have ever seen.

spectacular. Am virtually speechless. most impressive, beautiful detailing. you guys are awesome ! Well done, really, very well done.

Beautiful effort guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's truly a treat to look at and take in. The colors are much more exciting and pleasant to look at than even the movie version. :wink: It's riddled with fantastic techniques, part usage and overall beautifully balanced and original! You two have outdone yourselves with this one! Looking forward to more! :sweet:

Cheers!