Very awesome, like a modular-sized version of the most recent set.

Take one for the CITY/Town team and may you get best individual layout in BW'13!

Edited by wooootles

This is tremendous!!! Amazing work, the buildings alone are really impressive and then there's the wheel!!!! AND then it actually works.... :wub:

Absolutely stunning build! Best of luck for Brickworld!

Edited by timmyc1983

Amazing work, I'm extremely impressed. Bravo!

This is awesome and the colours work so nicely together. Everything compliments each other so well and the buildings are perfect additions to the wheel.

Excellent piece of Lego engineering there 'RoxYourBlox'.....congrats on being front paged too......Brick On ! :sweet:

This is an amazing build and it looks stunning!

@ RoxYourBlox: Well done, and thanks for providing the LDD .lxf file! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm sure it will be well received at Chicago's BrickWorld event (June 15-16, 2013). Designing this 19-sided Ferris Wheel must have been tricky. I like how you engineered the central hub using the math calculations that you posted with this Flickr image:

19^2=361

A circle divided by 19:

360/19=18.95

12-35-37 perfect triangle:

tan^-1(12/35)=18.92

A pair of 3x12 triangular plates:

2*[tan^-1(2/12)]=18.92

A 6x6 round plate will fit perfectly within a 19-sided polygon of side length 1 (stud):

2*3.14*3=18.85

It's great! It's so nice.

Thanks a lot for the LXF file!

london_small.jpg

Edited by vean

Fantastic build, it's just perfect! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I really love the colour design, too.

Very intricate. At first I thought it looked K'Nexy also, but it is very fitting for structure and aesthetic.

Keep up the great work!

Absolutely stunning. The building alone is perfect. But you throw the working wheel on top of that. Wow!

Just how big is it?

Superbe work! :wub:

Do you have an action video?

Yes, there was a link, but I will update the first post with media tags.

@ RoxYourBlox: Well done, and thanks for providing the LDD .lxf file! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm sure it will be well received at Chicago's BrickWorld event (June 15-16, 2013). Designing this 19-sided Ferris Wheel must have been tricky. I like how you engineered the central hub using the math calculations that you posted with this Flickr image:

Thanks, I forgot to include that here! It's fun to build around a theme (in this case, a number), and watch the project take shape. In the end, it is much easier to build polygons and polyhedrons out of Lego by incorporating Pythagorean triples into the design.

Absolutely stunning. The building alone is perfect. But you throw the working wheel on top of that. Wow!

Just how big is it?

20x25x30"

I also want to plug train stations by BrickCityDepot and BrickBuildersPro, from which the pair of buildings in this MOC were inspired. When researching the look of a new project, I search for pics of a "standard." Strangely, it's difficult to find nice pics of buildings at amusement parks or zoos on the internet, since you will find shots of rides or animals instead. I decided I needed something centering around the ticket counters, and after the wheel was done, I built out from there.

Lastly, the design is not perfect. As L@go caught on early at flickr, there are just things you can't predict. In this project, I couldn't predict the tolerance of a cross axle across two supports. I've modified the .lxf design to make the red spindle holder 3-studs wide instead of 2 and put the technic beam on the outside rather than inside. The 32-stud axle still bows in the middle but less outside of the support. After Brickworld is over, I'll try to replace the current axle with something more closely resembling a 5- or 6-stud wide dowel. The wheel is relatively lightweight but still too much for the load intended for a single axle. Oh well!

Edited by RoxYourBlox