Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Well I thought us Canadians needed are own topic.

Note: This is for Canadians and Canadian wannabes. Mods are welcome to post to.

This is also meant to discuss set availability in Canada and why you think Canada is great.

Have fun!

Note for mods If this is not okay with you please tell me.

All '09 sets that have been spotted in other places around the world are available at my local TRU (Yonge-Eglinton Centre, Toronto). Just picked up both Pirate Impulse sets and a Power Miners set today :thumbup: .

Havent seen any thing new at my tru (Victoria, Vancouver Island) yet, but that was last week. I'm probly going tommorow or the next day. Can't wait for that AAT and clone bp's :)

Well I haven't spotted any of the new Pirate sets which I've been waiting for, for a couple of months, however my TRU flyer showed the Pirate sets along with a lot of other '09 sets. So I'll be heading to TRU as soon as the snow clears up (which might take a while, at the rate its going now :hmpf_bad: ).

Havent seen any thing new at my tru (Victoria, Vancouver Island) yet, but that was last week. I'm probly going tommorow or the next day. Can't wait for that AAT and clone bp's :)

You aren't going out in the snow today are you? I cannot tell where the sidewalk ends and the road begins it's so deep! If you do let us know what's at TRU. I still need to get a gift for the VicLUG dirty brickster.

Haha, at least my son can get some pics of the snowtroopers he has made in the snow. which is a rare opportunity around here.

Oh, and for anyone reading this from Minnesota: we aren't afraid of the dark! [for How I Met Your Mother fans.]

You aren't going out in the snow today are you? I cannot tell where the sidewalk ends and the road begins it's so deep! If you do let us know what's at TRU. I still need to get a gift for the VicLUG dirty brickster.

Haha, at least my son can get some pics of the snowtroopers he has made in the snow. which is a rare opportunity around here.

Oh, and for anyone reading this from Minnesota: we aren't afraid of the dark! [for How I Met Your Mother fans.]

You got snow there two! I Thought it was olny the mainland.

You should post pics of your sons troopers though.

By the way HAS ANYONE SAW STAR WARS SETS YET.

You got snow there two! I Thought it was olny the mainland.

You should post pics of your sons troopers though.

By the way HAS ANYONE SAW STAR WARS SETS YET.

Well I haven't been out of the house that much recently, because of all the snow and ice :hmpf_bad: . But if all goes according to plan I should be going ot TRU tomorrow I'll give you a heads up if I see any :classic: .

Edited by MacK

Well I haven't been out of the house that much recently because of all the snow and ice :hmpf_bad: . But if allgoes according to plan I should be going ot TRu tomorrow I'll give you a heads up if I see any :classic: .

Wich part of Canada you from if your from the west coast I feel your pain.

If your from the east Ha Ha!

Wich part of Canada you from if your from the west coast I feel your pain.

If your from the east Ha Ha!

I'm in good ol' Alberta away from all three coasts :grin: .

I've seen the set with Mace Windu at a TRU in Toronto, the also have all Pirates, Power Miners, and most City sets. Why can't we all enjoy the snow and appreciate it as a gift from mother nature? :tongue:

I'm in good ol' Alberta away from all three coasts :grin: .

Prairie boy eh.

I've seen the set with Mace Windu at a TRU in Toronto, the also have all Pirates, Power Miners, and most City sets. Why can't we all enjoy the snow and appreciate it as a gift from mother nature? :tongue:

I enjoy it its just we never get it over here and we have about 2 feet.

I know you east coaster are used to more but its alot over here.

Thanks for the good news though :thumbup:

Good news star wars sets are now available Up here.

Or at least in Vancouver.

That's good to hear, I might head down to my TRu to pic up a new battlepack or two but that's probably all I will buy from the new Starwars line up, since it seems that all of the Clone Wars sets are way overpriced :sceptic: . I mean $70 for an AAT, $55 for Ahsoka's fighter, $40 for the spider droid, it jsut doesn't seem to be worth it :hmpf: .

Well, I'm from Ontario, although I'm not sure how much this will help any of you. My local chain stores have a bunch of the new power miners, loot island and the soldiers fort for pirates, and both BPs as well as the droid bomber and vader's TIE for star wars.

I live near Detroit, but I wish I was Canadian. The USA is overrated.

Yes a canadian wannabe. Could you please write I'm a canadian wannabe in your signature :tongue:

Done.

I've been to Canada many times and I just think it's better.

- Healthcare for all! I'm poor and underemployed, so it's important to me.

- Same-sex marriages are allowed

- Canada has beautiful cities like Toronto and Montréal, not pits like Detroit (yeah, I know every city has bad areas, but with Detroit like the whole city is the bad area except downtown and around Wayne State)

- Easier to deal with the money. In the USA, they're all green, so I have to look at the numbers in the weird stylized 19th-century type. Also, it has "In God We Trust" in the USA and I'm not Christian, Jewish, or Muslim.

- Canada uses the metric system. Here, it's like people are proud not to know it, and they'd rather divide by 5280 to convert miles into feet.

And yes, I do like winter...I could never live in Florida or Arizona, etc. It's like living in an oven.

Done.

I've been to Canada many times and I just think it's better.

- Healthcare for all! I'm poor and underemployed, so it's important to me.

- Same-sex marriages are allowed

- Canada has beautiful cities like Toronto and Montréal, not pits like Detroit (yeah, I know every city has bad areas, but with Detroit like the whole city is the bad area except downtown and around Wayne State)

- Easier to deal with the money. In the USA, they're all green, so I have to look at the numbers in the weird stylized 19th-century type. Also, it has "In God We Trust" in the USA and I'm not Christian, Jewish, or Muslim.

- Canada uses the metric system. Here, it's like people are proud not to know it, and they'd rather divide by 5280 to convert miles into feet.

And yes, I do like winter...I could never live in Florida or Arizona, etc. It's like living in an oven.

Yay!

now we just need a couple more like you.

Well happy hunting.

I'm Canadian

From Ontario, you see

Life in this great nation

Is perfect for me!

:laugh:

Life is perfect for almost everyone here!

Does anyone out there watch the canadian tv show Corner Gas?

i'm canadian, was born in winnipeg (pooh was from there) Manatoba, but i live in the east coast USA.

Anyone watch the canadian financed and directed digrassi?

MATT