Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_S

MOC: US Special forces HumVee

In the last week or two several people have posted versions of HumVees/ HUmmers/ HMMWVs on eurobricks. As coincidence would have it, I recently completed a version of the HumVee too. My model is on a slightly larger scale than most people's, scale 1/22. I'd been planning to build it for weeks, but I had litle time and had to wait for a bricklink order to come in before I could complete it. The version I chose to build is called a GMV, for Ground Mobility Vehicle. This is a version of the HumVee modified for US special forces. The vehicles are used for long range missions behind enemy lines and to provide fire support for the troops. They are typically heavily armed. In case of mine with two M240 machine guns and a Mk.19 grenade launcher. the vehicle also comes equipped with smoke grenade launchers and extensive communications gear, including a satellite link.

Part of the fun of building one on this relatively large scale is that it allowed me to add a lot equipment that these vehicles tend to carry in real life.

4105490376_60dbc13caa.jpg

4105496782_cc98cd72ed.jpg

4104720813_059db34fd0.jpg

The picture below shows my GMV next to a more common armament carrier version.

4105495852_cdc1baa93a.jpg

Finally, as an encore, one of my 1/22 scale HumVees next to my minifigscale (6-wide) model of a HumVee armament carrier.

4104718995_814b721b51.jpg

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Ralph

Great details Ralph. Reminds me of Modern Warfare (games) a lot. It's great how you have coloured the models, one in desert and one forest. The mini Hummer is pretty neat too.

Great details Ralph. Reminds me of Modern Warfare (games) a lot. It's great how you have coloured the models, one in desert and one forest. The mini Hummer is pretty neat too.

Thanks. I'm not really familiar with the game, but I know they deal with US special forces, so that would be fitting. The forest camouflaged HumVee is an older model that I upgraded a few weeks ago. I replaced regular LEGo green with dark green and to accommodate that I had to shuffle around a lot of the other parts. I also added the windows. I already wanted to build the special forces version, but I figured I should first upgrade the one I had.

Cheers,

Ralph

I like the woodland camo and those tires you have used. I'll look through those and get me some.

Ralph these are awesome but I must ask where do you find the time to create all these delicious MOC's? :sweet:

Thank you. The answer to your question is twofold: I'm taking an extended break from work and I build pretty quickly. :laugh:

I like the woodland camo and those tires you have used. I'll look through those and get me some.

Thanks. The tyres are old technic tyres:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3634

They're not particularly useful for most vehicles, but they have just the right appearance for HumVees IMO.

Cheers,

Ralph