Hobbes

Brickshelf: Oil Rig

indexed.gif B-OV-28C

It's nothing overly special, but it's something rare, that's why I wanted to point it out:

img_7015.jpg_thumb.jpg

(click me)

I like it because it's (sort of) "Minifig Scale", meaning it's not one of those big scale, UCS-like models and thus fits well into a layout. It doesn't look like the �ber-MOC (even I find things I think could have been done better) but I think it offers everything you'd want from a rig: lots of "oil rig greeblies", a heli platform, cranes, platforms. I'd be happy if I could come up with something like that (and I have one planned for my layout).

For an official set at a reasonable price it's too big but I would like to see TLC to come up with something like that in "their scale".

hm... i know what you mean... lego could build a large set, even this size... for that, i'd replace the pilares by 4x4 cylinders, add a few parts you can find in the crane, a few large plates and lots of greebs... should be doable... but then there's the Lego Company... hm... i wonder ... an oil platform or a new police station... g... what would hey pick? :-|

should be doable... but then there's the Lego Company... hm... i wonder ... an oil platform or a new police station... g... what would hey pick? :-|

A new fire station...

should be doable... but then there's the Lego Company... hm... i wonder ... an oil platform or a new police station... g... what would hey pick? :-|

A new fire station...

:-D !

nice found. It si big but not too, so we can dream about a comercial version, just dream...