Sign in to follow this  
Aquila D'oro

The White Tiger

dsc00045rc.jpg

dsc00044rj.jpg

dsc00046r.jpg

dsc00043resized.jpg

... hmmm ......well i suck i cant get them to show up....

guess you'll just have to click on the links :pir_laugh2:

okay second time around i've resized them so their not rediculously huge

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable

Those last two pictures don't seem to be too Lego-related :pir_laugh2:

To embed your images, just click on the rte-image-button.png button while making/editing your post and copy/past the URL of the image in. Or type [ i m g ] image URL goes here [ / i m g ] (you have to get rid of all the space in the tags though, but I had to type them otherwise no text shows up here).

That said: I like the classic look of your ship and the abundance of white in the color scheme.

Those last two pictures don't seem to be too Lego-related :pir_laugh2:

To embed your images, just click on the rte-image-button.png button while making/editing your post and copy/past the URL of the image in. Or type [ i m g ] image URL goes here [ / i m g ] (you have to get rid of all the space in the tags though, but I had to type them otherwise no text shows up here).

That said: I like the classic look of your ship and the abundance of white in the color scheme.

lol cheers.. i have no idea what those other two pics are/were... clearly that F'ed up lol

lets try again :pir_laugh2:

SUCCESS!!!

Edited by Aquila D'oro

Cool MOC Aquila! I think the white paneling between the canons works really well. It will look awesome when you put sails on it! Sounds like you're working with old lego...are you just getting back into it? Can't say I noticed any drastic discoloration in the white bricks, except for that first photo, but that's probably more the lighting...

I like the use of both ships, and the 8 cannons of course. I'm actually building a ship with the same colour scheme right now, oh, I also like how the boat is British. Good job! :pir-classic:

I love this.

1. It has the look of an actual LEGO set, but a little better. I enjoy this much more than some of the more intricate ships out there. Now don't get me wrong and quote me as saying this is better than some of the "masterpieces" I have seen on here. All I'm saying is that I enjoy it more.

2. I like that you kept the style of BSB and added your own twist. I have BSB as a redcoat ship in my fleets so I like the usage.

3. I didn't notice the dirty pieces, but some builders on here (my ole' buddy Hornbricker) use dirty pieces to their advantage. Don't forget that tactic.

-martinsuper

Edited by martinsuper

An amazingly accurate looking MOC.

I love the White Tiger, and if it were a set I would buy it for sure.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: !

I like it. You did a very good job with the color scheme. I like how you replaced the cheap looking yellow/gold with the white. That looks really good. Someday somebody "me" is going to upload some scans of the Imperial flagships sails. You could use those. Again, you made a really good looking ship.

Hey great ship. Me-WOW! I like the upgraded but classic-lego pirate feel and well let's be honest more cannon's are always good! I like it and dirty white bricks are especially good...they should charge more for those on bricklink :pir_laugh2: Seriously though you have to loose the cat on the bow.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

thanks for the support everyone, glad you like it :pir_laugh2:

I love this.

1. It has the look of an actual LEGO set, but a little better. I enjoy this much more than some of the more intricate ships out there. Now don't get me wrong and quote me as saying this is better than some of the "masterpieces" I have seen on here. All I'm saying is that I enjoy it more.

2. I like that you kept the style of BSB and added your own twist. I have BSB as a redcoat ship in my fleets so I like the usage.

3. I didn't notice the dirty pieces, but some builders on here (my ole' buddy Hornbricker) use dirty pieces to their advantage. Don't forget that tactic.

-martinsuper

wow using dirty pieces for a realistic /rustic look that is good thinking *puts away old toothbrush and bowl of warm water*

Cool MOC Aquila! I think the white paneling between the canons works really well. It will look awesome when you put sails on it! Sounds like you're working with old lego...are you just getting back into it? Can't say I noticed any drastic discoloration in the white bricks, except for that first photo, but that's probably more the lighting...

I did aim/move a desk lamp to help with lighting so you could see inside the hull a bit better.

If there are any changes i'd make it would be to do more elegant side and bow railings but i would ned to get a few more white/black cones. as these decorative all be it small pieces are the first things you'll loose as a child growing up with lego as im sure you know :pir_laugh2:

Yeah I was on a bit of break (understatement), it wasnt until August last year that i saw some white lattice windows on ebay plus a few other bits that i needed to complete one of my other ships (my master piece, called The Aquila D'oro funnily enough) so i was able to continue with that project. however i got quite a few hull sections and masts amongst all the bidding etc so i decided to do a couple of MOC's. this one being the first i think.

Unfortunately i got new inspiration from pics of the imperial flagship so not to be out done by TLG im making the Aquila D'oro into a complete double decker :pir-tongue: (at the moment it has walk ways down the sides like the BSB), im in the process of totaling up the parts for a large bricklink order(s). although i have gotten a little side tracked lately.... i.e. buying all the 2009 pirates as well as older ship sets from eBay over Xmas ... i think im up to 13 ships in total - most of which are just multiples of original older sets. and i still havent gotten round to buying the imperial flagship yet :pir_laugh2:

Hey great ship. Me-WOW! I like the upgraded but classic-lego pirate feel and well let's be honest more cannon's are always good! I like it and dirty white bricks are especially good...they should charge more for those on bricklink :pir_laugh2: Seriously though you have to loose the cat on the bow.

Meow?? :pir-tongue:

Edited by Aquila D'oro

Great work! :pir-sweet:

The white colour on the ship makes it look fantastic and the addition of four more cannons is just excellent!

I kinda like these kind of MOCs/MODs on BSBs because they combine both the original model to some extend and the creativity of the builder.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us Aquila!

:thumbup:

A beautiful looking ship, I love the color scheme, if this was a set it would soon be mine, lol :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Fires-storm