fenris

Historic LEGO Photography

Hi everybody,

I don't know if some of you are more into photography - like in the Star Wars Photography Thread - but as I happened to fall in love with the spartans from series 2 (like so many others) I added them to my hobby of LEGO photography. It's not about sharing MOCs, it's more about making quality pictures of LEGO-stuff (at least I try :classic: )

No idea if this thread is welcome here - mods feel free to delete or move it. Would be great if others would join in with their shots. Here are mine (I took them during a trip to Croatia - perfect setting for some "300" battle at Thermopylae shots.

5008721616_990aea0669.jpg

300 by legofenris, on Flickr

A more movie-like editing..

5014898933_e9d7292f36.jpg

5015466280_a1e3b5f333.jpg

Watchman by legofenris, on Flickr

Edited by fenris

Great pictures!

I have enjoyed your pictures on the star wars forum and have always thought there should be similar topics in the other forums! Looking forward to seeing lots more photos added.

fenris, your photography skills are always welcome here in the History Forum and I encourage others who have a talent for a fine shot to post here. Sometimes a small idea doesn't need a thread of its own, so by all means dazzle us with your location/posing/creativity in this thread guys and gals.

I recently succumbed to the lure of a DSLR so will have a crack too as time permits. :classic:

Well done on these photos, the brilliant lighting and settings give amazing movie like feel, good job! And definitely keep bricking, and taking awesome pictures! :thumbup:

Beautiful! I especially enjoyed the first one. It really engages the viewer on so many levels. Great work (and thanks for sharing)!

God Bless,

Nathan

:wub:

Really (and I mean REALLY) beautiful photos fenris! They are very clear and you've taken them in an artistic way. I too agree that the first one is the best. Not only is crystal clear but you can also feel the "tension" if you know what I mean.

Keep sharing, please! :sweet:

Thanks a lot for the extremely positive feedback! Maybe I'll get me some Castle battle-packs to enlarge my photographic horizon... looking forward seeing some other contributors to this thread!

Have a great weekend (and maybe take some photos ;-)

fenris

These are wonderful! Seriously, they are! They're nicely atmospheric and the more movie-style ones are very moody! You know, I think you've just inspired me to have a go with some fancy photography like this...

Wow that is just amazing. Glad Lego created the Spartan minifig. Combined with popularitiy of 300 I expect to see many awesome MOC's.

I hope this encourages TLG to make a Ancient Greece line.

Great picture fenris, I really like that you used a real fire that looks in scale with the mini figures. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Great picture fenris, I really like that you used a real fire that looks in scale with the mini figures. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Yeah, that looks really nice!

BTW, did the guys get deformed at all? :laugh:

Hope you dont mind but im using your very first pic as my pc's wallpaper! A truly fantastic shot :wink:

Debris you never stop amazing me with your skill at taking pictures of plastic.

These are inspirational, and I'll follow your picture thread to any forum.

I decided to revive this old and unfairly abandoned topic, telling you a small story, that does not really need much comment. :sadnew:

page_1.jpg

page_2.jpg

page_3.jpg

page_4.jpg

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

It's really great there is a photography thread within the historic themes forum too; and I really am a big fan of Fenris and his work. :thumbup:

However I think there should be some more participation.

The dwarfs in the snow really look nice too, I also like the snow effect. I'm just wondering why one of them carries a musket?

Nice thread such a talent on posing the minifigs. :thumbup: