pirates-indexed.gif 166C

Ahoy,

today it is my great pleasure to present to you something I find nice and funny:

The HMS Royal Monkey.

:pir-sweet:

royalmonkeypainting.jpg

It looks like a normal vessel.

royalmonkey2-23.jpg

but if you take a close look, you will find signs of monkey-driven-design

royalmonkey2-10.jpg

And you will find a few guests that have joined Captain Braunsfeld on his journey.

royalmonkey2-9.jpg

Kurigan, sorry, I don't have the exact torso...

royalmonkey2-7.jpg

The key point, however, is the Royal Monkey himself: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

royalmonkey2-17.jpg

(Those of you more interested in historical accurateness might want to look at the lanterns instead. And the rudder is actually working!!!)

I had a lot of fun building this. :pir-grin:

royalmonkey2-6.jpg

I hope you will be able to enjoy it too!

By the way, it takes an awful lot of bricks to build a lego-sky-background...

theroyalmonkey19.jpg

:pir-grin: :pir-grin: :pir-grin::pir-sweet::pir_laugh2::pir-grin: :pir-grin: :pir-grin:

royalmonkey2-18.jpg

I am looking forward to your feedback!

:pir-sweet:

Was the banana-look on purpose?

The lego sky, in addition with monkeys make recall of 8 bit donkey kong (and this is good!). This is a strange moc, it's funny, but at the same time the amount of details makes it look far from a "toy". Really like it!

All of the royal monkey regalia on the ship is great. I agree with Matteo1130 in that this has an interesting humor and mix of old-school blockiness with nice modern details. Not sure exactly how I'd classify it, but it's a nice build! pirate_satisfied.gif

beautiful, but I like the most your saying "I had a lot of fun building this", yes, that's the point pirate_laugh_new.gif

Funny ship, the colors remind me of Haribo though ... Thanks for having my sigfig in it!

Well now thats a ship I quite like. pir_laugh2.gif The colours match perfectly and the small details such like the windows are great, and the custom made monkey as a figurehead is just brilliant! And the whole build just looks like a big floating banana, which suits the theme really well!

Captain Becker

Whoo another cruise pirate_satisfied.gif

Nothing better than a jolly crew on a nice ship.

And you used a white hull, it works great with the yellow as long as the red seperates the colors,

There's some red missing on the bow IMO though, perhaps brackets or other SNOT parts could fix that.

This is just a detail but I think you should either make the center (main) mast a bit taller or the foremast a bit shorter.

Other than that, keep up the good work, I like the Idol, the monkeys are kind of a signature.

I'll remember to add plenty of them on my next ship pirate_laugh_new.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

The colors here are quite striking Captain Braunsfeld! The white hull compliments her well. I like the crowned monkeys at the stern and as the figurehead and very much your lantern design.

Let me compliment you as well on the brick-build sky and sea. Its a very nice touch and fits in well with your build style.

I would like to point out a tribute (hommage), included in this MOC: (pushing for comments... pirate_laugh2.gif )

tribute2-6x8.jpg

It is the man sailing/steaming/floating away on his own.

This was meant as a tribute to one of my MOCing heroes, who usually includes a guy in a sort of tub...

So, this is my steampunk version of it, although it is historically not quite correct.

Have a nice weekend!

Oh, how cute! Now, thats some dignified figurehead for a change :pir-grin::pir-cry_happy::monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Also like the lamps and the clever way of showing reefed sails instead of bothering with bleaching experiments.