Hello there!

Recently, I got the 42037 set as a gift, so I thought I'd try to make a quick review for it! This review is simple, nothing as professional as something Sariel would make, but I just wanted to have a crack at it! :sweet: Sorry if the music doesn't please you, it's hard to find good music for videos nowadays.

Tell me if you liked it or not, I'll keep it in mind in case I ever make another review.

Nice review! The music is not too bad.

For me, the set is mèèèh. The color scheme doesn't appeal to me at all. But on the other hand; TLG does provide a lot of different colors this year, which is a good thing.

This set may not be for experienced builders, but for someone who is just starting out with the Lego experience or even new to Technic it looks to be pretty good.

Nice review! The music is not too bad.

For me, the set is mèèèh. The color scheme doesn't appeal to me at all. But on the other hand; TLG does provide a lot of different colors this year, which is a good thing.

I agree with you, the chance of me using these colors in a MOC is really difficult, especially since there aren't many parts avaible in these colors anyway. Oh, thanks for the kind words! ;)

I made from this set my own mod/moc desert buggy with some (actually quite a bit) extra parts, official A and B models are quite ugly, I think mine's better :wink:

sTOFYX4.jpg

But anyway great review :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: And music is really nice, I like it :sweet:

Edited by MacKaiwer

I made from this set my own mod/moc desert buggy with some (actually quite a bit) extra parts, official A and B models are quite ugly, I think mine's better :wink:

Wow that thing looks awesome, I'd like to see some more pics!

Wow that thing looks awesome, I'd like to see some more pics!

I have only three pictures of it (this final version) and now there's one other than this in Technic Photography thread :classic: And thanks for compliment :wink:

Edit: The story of making it is here if someone is interested of it: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106511&hl=%2Bdesert+%2Bbuggy

Edited by MacKaiwer

I like that they're trying to introduce new colors to Technic, its a really good effort, but it just doesn't work with this set. Also it seems quite overpriced

I like that they're trying to introduce new colors to Technic, its a really good effort, but it just doesn't work with this set. Also it seems quite overpriced

I second that. The effort is great, but it didn't really work out with this one.

I bought this set... Offroad Buggy looks not so bad... I bought it because of lime rims, lime panels... It's a good set with all the base elements needed for vehicles... Suspension, steering, new hubs, wheels... I like it...

Max...

I bought this set... Offroad Buggy looks not so bad... I bought it because of lime rims, lime panels... It's a good set with all the base elements needed for vehicles... Suspension, steering, new hubs, wheels... I like it...

Max...

I bought this set for the same reason, suspension, steering, hubs and wheels.

The colors are really drab and hardly in a reusable quantity (I think any color can be used well if they are abundant enough) But I personally have only built both models halfway before deciding to use them as parts.

The B model really disappointed me in sense that the front suspension is fake! Come on, TLG, a little more effort and it will be functional. Maybe just 2 more steering links.

IMO its the fact that they tried to introduce both the pale blue AND the lime green. Just lime green with the black would have been cool or just the pale blue with the black would have also been great. Build it with JUST one of those two colors and the black and I think you have a much better looking set......

Edited by nerdsforprez

I second that. The effort is great, but it didn't really work out with this one.

I like new colors too, but I'd like to see them only when the palette of parts for an existing color is reasonably complete. For example, many Technic panels do not yet exist in blue which makes blue MOCing difficult. If either of the recent light blue sets had been regular blue, it would have completed the palette of blue panels. Instead, now I have two kinds of blue which I can't use for some MOCs because of missing parts.

I like new colors too, but I'd like to see them only when the palette of parts for an existing color is reasonably complete. For example, many Technic panels do not yet exist in blue which makes blue MOCing difficult. If either of the recent light blue sets had been regular blue, it would have completed the palette of blue panels. Instead, now I have two kinds of blue which I can't use for some MOCs because of missing parts.

Definitely true. Light green with/or regular blue would have been a better choice. Maybe parts will be added in 2016, but for now it's rather useless.