I've heard many rumors that there will not be anymore aquaraiders sets made, and that the line is ending. Is there any truth in these rumors?

I certainly hope not! What does everybody else think?

This is all just speculation from us and other Afols, there arent official anouncements of themes ending but based on sales, popularity as well as versatility of the theme, the Afol community has reason to believe this theme is done. It's a pretty sad state of affairs because i probably wont get a chance to purchase any more aquaraiders. :-/

All I know is that there are no new sets coming out this year, meaning that it doesn't have great positive feedback and I wouldn't be surprised if that line ended.

I liked it but I disliked the MFs !! That TRident symbold and blue outfits are not realy appealing to me !! I would definitly prefer a divers line (that fits way better in cities and that have a really better and actual look, instead of futuristic subs).

Lets hope it leaves space for something good :-P

*yoda*

I can't say I regret it that much, the only nice thing Aquaraiders brought was the underwater wreckage of a pirateship....

I am a great fan of the Divers, so I wouldn't mind seeing them emerge (from the deep :-P ) again.

I honestly hope not. I'm thirty years old :-D hey stop laughing at me, emoticon! and I played with 7775 Aquabase Invasion for hours. It's been years since I played with an official set, but it was so much fun. This may be shameless self-promotion but you can see me review of the set here.

I usually do a little story with each review but the story for Aquabase Invasion goes on and on because I was having so much fun. I hope they make more AquaRaiders sets because the premise is so simple and fun. There are people in the ocean. There are animals in the ocean who want to eat the people. The people don't want to be eaten. Brilliant, dramatic, fun...

Could I say fun more? *wacko*

Fun!

AquaRaiders on!

I honestly hope not. I'm thirty years old :-D hey stop laughing at me, emoticon!
your crazy hinckely ;-) you make this board that much more fun.

- BM

your crazy hinckely ;-) you make this board that much more fun.

- BM

Thanks BM, it's nice to know that all my hard work pays off. Seriously, it's nice to feel appreciated! :-| I mean, :-X no, no that one either. :-) There, that's the one.

The theme can't be ending. I was still waiting for a dedicated Aqua Raiders forum on EB. At least I think that was the discussion a while back...

The theme can't be ending. I was still waiting for a dedicated Aqua Raiders forum on EB. At least I think that was the discussion a while back...

Well, if LEGO is considering discontinuing the line, hopefully that will change their minds. "It's time to cancel the AquaRaiders line, but Brickster wants a dedicated forum. Let's wait and discontinue it after that happens." So, really Brickster, you're keeping the line alive right now. ;-)

What am I talking about?! *wacko* I am joking with you, Brickster. I totally hear what you are saying. I think maybe we should give it more than six months to see if LEGO releases more AR sets. They may have exhausted the killer sea animals at this point. "AquaRaiders vs. the Killer Sea Sponge" may be next.

Apparently now they're in the Bermuda Triangle. Maybe next year we'll get AquaRaiders discover the lost city of Atlantis. And they'll have to fight evil merpeople and other various sea monsters. That would make for some cool underwater ruins sets. Yeah, I think that's clearly where they'll take the line next.

They may have exhausted the killer sea animals at this point. "AquaRaiders vs. the Killer Sea Sponge" may be next.
i like the line, and have all of them... but i agree there is little left to do with them. the only thing im missing is a jellyfish, one of the most facinating creatures of the sea.

i will also miss the expansion of landscaping if the line is cancled.

- Brick Miner

the only thing im missing is a jellyfish, one of the most facinating creatures of the sea.

Barracuda, octopus, stingray, piranha, great white shark, killer whale, killer dolphin, mad seal, disgruntled otter, etc. The possibilities are endless, really.

Heh heh. Disgruntled otter. :-D "I will smash your skull like a clam on my belly!" :-P I do hope the Aquaraiders line doesn't end. I was looking at them yesterday (while only for a small time, as the new Castle sets had most of my attention) and they are really neat, I just can't afford to spend money on them when it could be spent on more important things. Like the new Castle line.

(In case you haven't noticed by my sig, avatar, and post, I'm a castle fan.)

In case you haven't noticed by my sig, avatar, and post, I'm a castle fan.

Ho, thanks for the precision :-D

I think that when TLC decides to stop a line, it's not necessarily because they don't have new ideas for new sets . Maybe it's a marketing cycle that TLC has with some line, like Vikings, and now AR. Just sell sets from an extra line for 1/2 years and after we have to find another new theme... And maybe in 4-5 years we will see some new Vikings... and the circle is closed.

For the AR line, I have to say that I've got all the sets of this line and I like it a lot. The animals are great and I play for hours with the station and the so wonderfull squiward *wub* too!

A more Diver line will be so good! Just hope...

I would love to see a hammerhead shark and a scorpion.

I would also just love to see them ship the creatures by themselves.

On a side note... my son LOVES this line. He was obsessed with Star Wars until this line. He now likes Mars Mission. But when we found the instructions to the Shark Attack online we put together the shark which is now named Sharky -- he's 4 and a half.

I wish it would continue. It also got him interested in swimming for the first time.

I wish it would continue. It also got him interested in swimming for the first time.
wow, now thats the kinda story that makes me all :'-)

this happened to me on so many levels when i was a kid... LEGO propelled my factination with history.

- BM

I would love to see a hammerhead shark and a scorpion.

I would also just love to see them ship the creatures by themselves.

On a side note... my son LOVES this line. He was obsessed with Star Wars until this line. He now likes Mars Mission. But when we found the instructions to the Shark Attack online we put together the shark which is now named Sharky -- he's 4 and a half.

Hey Noodle, welcome to Eurobricks. I'm Mark, if you can't tell if I'm joking or not, I am. Nice to meet you. It's your first post, congratulations! That would be cool if they sold the creatures seperately, I agree. I would stockpile those squid!

Now, I'm not a biologist, but I think you'd have to wait for a Sand Raiders line for a scorpion. Although, I think Alpha Team Arctic had a scorpion set:

4774-2.jpg

Oh, look. There it is.

I think it's awesome that AR got your son interested in swim lessons. The suggestions that there are killer squid, crabs and lobsters the size of pick-up trucks in the water wouldn't make me want to swim, but perhaps swimming away from such monsters is the motivation here. ;-)

Anyway, thanks again for posting, welcome to Eurobricks and congratulations on your son. You must be very proud...that he's into LEGO, of course.

EDIT: If you're interested in getting that scorpion set, it's discontinued, but you can get it by clicking here.

Thanks Mark. What a nice welcome. My son loves your reviews. He always asks to see if you have a new ones up. Though at times I have to 'filter' them :).

That scorpion is nice. I'll have to show him. Problem I have is not going out and buying everything for him... I still have my tubs of legos of 20 years ago sitting in our basement that I 'cannot' give him.

I sat down there for a week putting them all together. Brought back the lego obsession in me. i.e. I purchased all the pieces of an AT-AT on bricklink (new colors to make it cheaper...) then I thought of your reviews and had to put some of my old peeps in the pictures.

see:

http://tinyurl.com/yshwoc

In other words, more reviews :). More comics. Please. And thanks!

Thanks Mark. What a nice welcome. My son loves your reviews. He always asks to see if you have a new ones up. Though at times I have to 'filter' them :).

That scorpion is nice. I'll have to show him. Problem I have is not going out and buying everything for him... I still have my tubs of legos of 20 years ago sitting in our basement that I 'cannot' give him.

I sat down there for a week putting them all together. Brought back the lego obsession in me. i.e. I purchased all the pieces of an AT-AT on bricklink (new colors to make it cheaper...) then I thought of your reviews and had to put some of my old peeps in the pictures.

see:

http://tinyurl.com/yshwoc

In other words, more reviews :). More comics. Please. And thanks!

Thank you! That means a lot to me. Thank you for filtering for your four year old. I always do feel like I'm toeing the line, so I try to put warnings on everything. Episode 12 should be out this week and I have a couple of reviews backed up, so stay tuned...

Anyway, great pics! I love the classic spacemen! *sweet* sweet!

And to stay on topic: No I don't think LEGO should discontinue AquaRaiders. Noodle's son needs more sharks! X-D

I don't see why lego doesn't do an underwater city theme. How about this for a story? In the year 2030 AD, humans now inhabit the waters after overpoluting the land.

You can have an underwater mining set, an explorer set, a refueling station, a water patrol set (your underwater police), etc. for action, you can have sea monsters or aquatic mermen attacking the humans for occupying their territory. Or you can try underwater pirates!

Opps

A crazy toad would be nice too...

We love that creator frog set. It's a tad tiny to threaten the aqua raiders.