Primusman

Lego Licensed Photography Thread

After witnessing the success of the thread over in the Star Wars forum, I thought I'd start one here. So if you've got any, post Licensed themed pictures here.

These include: Harry Potter

Indiana Jones

Prince of Persia

Batman

and more!

I will start of then. These three shots are not my best for I have has them sitting on my computer for months now.

5234847391_122c5ec2be.jpg

5235438340_751105ec21.jpg

5234843931_c475733226.jpg

Thanks for starting this Primusman! It's time to finally give some photography love to the Licensed theme. Hope this will be as successful as the SW one.

Nice close-up shots Burman! default_thumbup.gif I hope to see more creative pics from our master photographers here in EB.

I was going to take my PoP camel to the beach one day and shoot some nice desert shots, but that never happened. Hopefully summer 2011. :classic:

Nice pics Burman :thumbup:

Nice idea. I just shot these, before seeing this thread.

I picked up the Pharaoh's set for the "staff of ra" So i thought, Indy should be in this set haha. A little nod to Raider of the lost Ark.

dsc0170l.jpg

I also gave Indy the whip from the POP ostrich race set. (I like the curled up whip but like having a little variety for Indy) Then used the Karate award from minifig Series 2

dsc0169fi.jpg

I am by no means a Pro at photography and my camera suuuuuuucks! But as it is Harry Potter month, I will add one or two pictures in here.

5272275459_433b0fafce_z.jpg

5265208775_7cdbe047ff_z.jpg

5265829286_0dc127f54f_z.jpg

Thanks for the contributions, they're not half bad!

They're not half bad? Is that meant to be a compliment or constructive criticism?

If you think that someone's photos (in this case mine) are not good, or could improve in some way tell them (me)! Please!

There is nothing wrong with honesty, if you think the colours are off, or they aren't centered nicely, or maybe the angles are bad... whatever. Please try to make some kind of an opinion.

There is a line between being outright mean and giving advice, but it is not such a fine line that you need to make comments such as "They're not half bad!" Please tell me what you really think.

This is a thread about photography, and if you want to see people posting more photos and getting better at taking them then you need to speak up. There is no point in having this entire thread fill up with photos that are slightly blurry and/or have bad lighting. Nobody wants to look at that. And if anyone posts a... lets be real here people... a crappy photo and someone replies "That is a bit blurry, but I still like it. Thanks!" or something, then they will never know that they need to try that much harder. :sweet:

Calm down, Iz. :laugh: They're good shots IMO. The blue background compliments buckbeak nicely. Some parts of the shots could have been more in focus such as Buckbeak's beak in the first pic, or Harry's face in the second. Perhaps try playing with the depth of field a bit. I don't like the Ron pic too much though. Not only is that my least favorite Ron minifig, but the pic is also too over-flooded with orange. I would try playing around with the color balance a bit, or use a new, more contrasty background all together.

Is that enough constructive criticism for ya? :classic:

@ Burman: That line in the background of your pics is distracting. Try getting rid of it by using one large bent paper as your background.

@ Soloscud: Your pics are kinda dark. If you have Photoshop, use Auto Color and Auto Contrast on them. Also, it would have been nice if Dr. Jones was in focus in the first pic.

I have been meaning to do some Licensed Photography myself, so I'm glad this thread exists. Someone should make a Flickr pool for this too.

I am calm, as calm as a tranquil lake. If I came across as otherwise, it was not my intention.

Thanks for your feedback.

I chose to have the bright orange background for Ron deliberately, because of his hair! :laugh: But something happened with the lighting and reflection and such that I can completely agree with you. It is over-powering.

As for Harry's face being out of focus in the second picture. That was what I was looking for, like he is there and you can tell it is him, but the picture is all about Buckbeak. Whether it looks any good to anyone else or not... is another thing. Haha.

@ Soloscud: Your pics are kinda dark. If you have Photoshop, use Auto Color and Auto Contrast on them. Also, it would have been nice if Dr. Jones was in focus in the first pic.

On the contrary, I neither think that his pics are too dark nor that Jones should be in focus. Solscud's pictures are not bursting with light, but they are certainly very clear and visible. Too dark to me would mean actually being unable to tell what is going on. Also, perhaps I'm just a sucker for selective focus, but Jones being out of focus adds to the picture in that it highlights the staff to a greater extent. If he was in focus as well the shot would not have the same amount of intrigue.

I am calm, as calm as a tranquil lake. If I came across as otherwise, it was not my intention.

It just seemed a bit overreacted how you replied to one sentence with several paragraphs. :tongue: You do make a point though.

As for Harry's face being out of focus in the second picture. That was what I was looking for, like he is there and you can tell it is him, but the picture is all about Buckbeak. Whether it looks any good to anyone else or not... is another thing. Haha.

I see. Good idea, but I still think the pics could be sharper, although it's probably your camera's fault.

On the contrary, I neither think that his pics are too dark nor that Jones should be in focus.

I never said they're too dark, just a tad dark compared with other pics. The colors could be crisper IMO, that's all. And as for Indy being out of focus, that's just my personal opinion, I guess.

Sorry about that, Cutlass. :blush:

The thing is, I have a very busy life (luckily I have some time right now). However, I do like to check out the threads, even if time is short! By commenting, I just wanted to let posters here know that I appreciate their contributions and enjoy looking at their pics. Again, I'm sorry if I wasn't really clear.

Now here's what I think:

I enjoy all of your pics very much! They seem to be very well lit, and are very pleasing to the eye. I especially enjoyed the second one, with Harry and Hermione riding Buckbeak. I actually disagree with Oky about the third picture! I think it was well shot, and the only real problem I can point out is it is just ever so slightly under-lit. The background could have been different, but that's not a big deal.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Okay, here are my first entries into this fine thread! :classic: Ever since my successful Toy Wars and Hog Wars License Mash-Ups, I have been constantly thinking about parallels between themes. This is one of the things I have come up with:

Who's the Super-'soka?

They all starred in terrible movies, but they haven't lost their spirit. Asoka, Ahsoka, and Sokka debate who the best "soka" is.

Asoka: "I am Princess Tamina's most trusted warrior and was entrusted with the dagger of time!"

Ahsoka: "I am a Jedi knight - or at least I'm going to be - and I got a cool lightsaber!"

Sokka: "I'm friends with the Avatar and... uh... I got a boomerang! Oh, and did I mention I used to date the moon?"

5289485159_db09d3fec1_z.jpg

The next one is a scene of Toy Story characters celebrating the holidays.

Woody: "Look, Jessie, I found the perfect ornament to put on the tree!"

Buzz: "Very funny, Woody."

5289485165_70b251461f_z.jpg

Happy holidays, everyone! :classic:

ooh, love the Toy Story one! :thumbup: i especially like how you got the lights on Buzz Lightyear's wings! how did you do that? photoshop or some kind of camera angling? :blush:

You just never stop impressing me, Oky Wan. Beautiful and funny shots as always. :classic:

Your first one reminds me a lot of a picture I made a few months ago:

4508644011_b70a9d962d.jpg

One extra letter can be fatal...

ooh, love the Toy Story one! :thumbup: i especially like how you got the lights on Buzz Lightyear's wings! how did you do that? photoshop or some kind of camera angling? :blush:

Yes, Photoshop. You'd have to be some kind of master photographer to make those painted rubber wings shine like that! :laugh:

:laugh: Nice shots Oky :thumbup:

Thanks, but as we discussed earlier in this thread, we'd like to hear more than just a simple comment like that. Besides, you might not be an Arch Duke for long if the mods see you posting like that. :wink:

Your first one reminds me a lot of a picture I made a few months ago: SNIP

Yes, I remembered that pic when I took mine. I guess in a way, you were partly an inspiration for that shot. :classic:

My initial inspiration, however, was when I heard the actors in The Last Airbender pronounce Sokka's name "Soka" which sounded a lot like "A(h)soka" without the "Ah" sound. :hmpf:

There are some great shots here, I especially like Oky's and Inconspicuous's. :classic:

~buddy~

After getting Freeing Dobby for Christmas I wanted to do something with one of my Death Eaters. This was lit by one LED.

1294319533m_SPLASH.jpg

Nice shot, Masked, even if it's a tad blurry. Very chilling. :thumbup:

I got another one as well. Remember Clone O'Patra's comments about what the new Harry is smiling about? I think I have the answer. :grin:

Draco: "My bat smells funny."

Harry: "That's because it's not a bat, hehe."

5331775949_fa165bb56b_z.jpg

They're not half bad? Is that meant to be a compliment or constructive criticism?

If you think that someone's photos (in this case mine) are not good, or could improve in some way tell them (me)! Please!

There is nothing wrong with honesty, if you think the colours are off, or they aren't centered nicely, or maybe the angles are bad... whatever. Please try to make some kind of an opinion.

There is a line between being outright mean and giving advice, but it is not such a fine line that you need to make comments such as "They're not half bad!" Please tell me what you really think.

This is a thread about photography, and if you want to see people posting more photos and getting better at taking them then you need to speak up. There is no point in having this entire thread fill up with photos that are slightly blurry and/or have bad lighting. Nobody wants to look at that. And if anyone posts a... lets be real here people... a crappy photo and someone replies "That is a bit blurry, but I still like it. Thanks!" or something, then they will never know that they need to try that much harder. :sweet:

I don't know what country you're in but in British English 'They're not half bad' is a compliment. :-)

Draco: "My bat smells funny."

Harry: "That's because it's not a bat, hehe."

:sick: Haha, good one. BTW, Harry is a bit out of focus :wink: