Tanotrooper

Crucifiction of Jesus

This is a pretty good MOC. I especially love the Roman Centurion. Also, JC's face is hilariously defiant with that Indy expression.

good MOC. i like the "halo" and his spread out arms :thumbup:

Thanks, the thorn crown has the hardest to attach, the halo was next :tongue:

Too bad IJ has a smirk, takes the sincerity away.

TT

Eh... Pardon me for being sincere, but I think there's just too many little pieces and techniques used to my taste. Minifigs have always relied on simplicity to get the job done, but in this MOC the characters are kind of lost under all those bricks. I can see the eyes on the other side of the woman's head, too, and I don't quite get her headpiece to begin with. On top of that, Jesus looks like he has a fish's tail, and the three nipples are... dubious, to say the least. :tongue: A blank torso would get the job done better, in my opinion. So yeah, there's certainly room for improvement.

I have absolutely nothing against the theme of the MOC, though, I think it fits the season. Sorry if I caused offense, just trying to give constructive criticism!

A great MOC. I like the Romans shield but I agree with Sandy too many pieces. I noticed the blood stained hands and wreath which looked great :thumbup: . A nice holiday MOC.

I am very happy that the holidays get cast into bricks and minifigures, specially the most important celebration of the year - at least for me. Also I like the wine glass at background :wink::classic:

Eh... Pardon me for being sincere, but I think there's just too many little pieces and techniques used to my taste. Minifigs have always relied on simplicity to get the job done, but in this MOC the characters are kind of lost under all those bricks. I can see the eyes on the other side of the woman's head, too, and I don't quite get her headpiece to begin with. On top of that, Jesus looks like he has a fish's tail, and the three nipples are... dubious, to say the least. :tongue: A blank torso would get the job done better, in my opinion. So yeah, there's certainly room for improvement.

I have absolutely nothing against the theme of the MOC, though, I think it fits the season. Sorry if I caused offense, just trying to give constructive criticism!

Thank you for the critcism. The torso is Patrick's torso, the dots aren't representing nipples in any way, just something AFOLs made up seeing the torso.

The figures I used here are my TTfigs, They use 1*1 tooth plate as feet, that's why it looks like a fishtail. (thought it looked like a mermaid aswell :P )

The headpiece is supposed to be a scarf. It's something I quickly threw together, since there's no similar official piece.

Thanks again,

TT

The headpiece is supposed to be a scarf. It's something I quickly threw together, since there's no similar official piece.

Thanks for not taking my comment the wrong way! :classic:

Do you have a brown or grey hood-piece for the woman, perhaps? If not, then maybe even a blue pirate's bandana would work too.

And since I haven't really ever watched Spongebob, I honestly thought those dots were the starfish dude's nipples. :blush: So sorry about that, too. Do you have the muscular torso from the new IJ-set? That could also work for Jessie as well. :wink:

Thanks for not taking my comment the wrong way! :classic:

Do you have a brown or grey hood-piece for the woman, perhaps? If not, then maybe even a blue pirate's bandana would work too.

And since I haven't really ever watched Spongebob, I honestly thought those dots were the starfish dude's nipples. :blush: So sorry about that, too. Do you have the muscular torso from the new IJ-set? That could also work for Jessie as well. :wink:

Haha I laughed at that :tongue: . Do Starfish even have nipples? Also I think a white hood would look better too if you had one. Not sure if Jesus was a body builder though. I just noticed the fish tail too, what is it supposed to be? Blood?

Haha I laughed at that :tongue: . Do Starfish even have nipples? Also I think a white hood would look better too if you had one. Not sure if Jesus was a body builder though. I just noticed the fish tail too, what is it supposed to be? Blood?

Even though not very present at statues and paintings, I suppose having nails through your feet would have a lot of blood involved.

Mary is usually symbolized by a blue cloath and white hood, that's why I tried to maintain that tradition.

TT

Hmm do starfish have nipples?

Hmm do starfish have nipples?

I can say I'm 100% sure that starfish aren't mammals, but Spongebob is a cartoon, so you never know what the cartoonists come up with... :tongue:

Thats one cool MOC. I love how you've made the minifigures bigger. And the roman centurian looks heaps cool, I think the troll helmet looks good on him. I gotta say its one original MOC. :classic:

Great moc, I've always been a fan of your TT figs, and while I agree with the other that some details are a bit swamping, for the large part you've sold me on this creation. Plus, as said, Jesus is awesomely defiant here! The roman fig is my favourite though, simply ace work there.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It hurts just to look at the dislocated LEGO arms.

Makes it even more realistic! That happens in crucifixion.

Great MOC.

Mark

I'm not trying to be awkward, but...

I understand you meant well, and this is a public forum, but this is really not going to go down well with anyone who takes the Bible seriously. Making images of God (and Jesus is God), no matter the intentions, is still blasphemy (Exo 20:4, etc). And I think it's better to say that than not. Here's an article on the subject if interested, not intended as spam. For that reason, I find this really really really offensive.

If Mohammed was portrayed, it sure wouldn't be allowed. Maybe you could just call it "Crucifixion of Person X" rather than of Jesus Christ? That would be okay with everyone probably.

I understand you meant well, and this is a public forum, but this is really not going to go down well with anyone who takes the Bible seriously. Making images of God (and Jesus is God), no matter the intentions, is still blasphemy (Exo 20:4, etc).

The churches are full of statues of Jezus being crusified... . Anyway, let's not make this a religious discussion and focus our comments on the MOC. If anyone has more concern about this, please contact me via PM and we can look into those.

I understand you meant well, and this is a public forum, but this is really not going to go down well with anyone who takes the Bible seriously. Making images of God (and Jesus is God), no matter the intentions, is still blasphemy (Exo 20:4, etc). And I think it's better to say that than not. Here's an article on the subject if interested, not intended as spam. For that reason, I find this really really really offensive.

If Mohammed was portrayed, it sure wouldn't be allowed. Maybe you could just call it "Crucifixion of Person X" rather than of Jesus Christ? That would be okay with everyone probably.

I was waiting for it. It took longer than I expected, but I had a feeling it was coming. EX 20:4 refers to idols, which are objects of worship, or occasionally fabricated American pop singers. I would argue that this LEGO piece is not meant for worship. Of course, we could argue about the line between image, idol, symbol, and depiction...but I do not wish to try Bonaparte's nerves here.

Anyhoo...

Still, I think it is a fantastic MOC -even though I still cringe at the arms- and I would put it up there with the Brick Testament's work.

As a side note about Mary's blue cloth, I've noticed that in many Renaissance pieces, she is shown wearing red while she is holding the infant Jesus. My understanding was that the red was meant to foreshadow the death of Jesus.

Edited by Tacitus

Nice Job on the MOC. The face and feet (fins) are a bit distracting, but overall the more "realistic" look (rather than a more traditional approach) works well for this MOC. The means by which the hands grip the crossbar is quite well done also, though the arms should probably be angled downward rather than upward since he is hanging on the cross, rather than levitating on it. Overall, a good MOC as is, or an excellent one with some adjustments.

It hurts just to look at the dislocated LEGO arms.

I felt the same way, but it's apropriate that you should have to dislocate the arms to make the MOC work, since part of the horror of Crucifixion is that the victims arms are often slowly dislocated by the gradual lessening of the ability of the nailed feet to support the body's weight.

Edited by Eilif

I do not see this MOC at all offensive and am happy that most important celebration of Christians was covered here at eurobircks. Besides taking Bible seriously I also do Confessions and take Holy Communion.

Disclaimer : Next one who's trying to turn this topic into an argument (= "I find this offensive" or "You shouldn't find this offensive") will be banned for life. I'm dead serious.

Now could we focus on the quality of the MOC please ? I do like the centurion a lot. Reminds me of the roman mafia game that ended up so abruptly :cry_sad: