Yawgmoth

Starting the design of Queen Anne's Revenge

[pid][/pid] LDD 10B

The project is finally done :D

There might be some little changes that I could be doing, but overall, I think she's complete, so I present you, my design of Queen Anne's Revenge:

LDDScreenShot106.png

LDDScreenShot107.png

LDDScreenShot108.png

LDDScreenShot109.png

LDDScreenShot110.png

LDDScreenShot111.png

LDDScreenShot112.png

LDDScreenShot113.png

LDDScreenShot114.png

LDDScreenShot115.png

Details of the interiors:

(LDD has no bottles, this is supposed to be the room where blackbeard stores his ships as throphies)

LDDScreenShot116.png

LDDScreenShot117.png

LDDScreenShot118.png

LDDScreenShot119.png

The navigation room:

LDDScreenShot120.png

LDDScreenShot121.png

LDDScreenShot122.png

LDDScreenShot123.png

LDDScreenShot124.png

Captain cabin:

LDDScreenShot125.png

LDDScreenShot126.png

LDDScreenShot127.png

LDDScreenShot128.png

LDDScreenShot129.png

LDDScreenShot130.png

LDDScreenShot131.png

Thanks to everyone who visited my humble thread and a double thanks for those who commented and left their suggestions, which were all well received and appreciated, you really encouraged me to do my best on this project :)

There might be several things that could be improved, I'm sure of that, but I guess these would be left for the real ship, when I actually get in my hands the order from bricklink and start building her :)

Also, as I promised, I did a little index of the progress I had in these 3-4 weeks, you can check it here, instead of scrolling, thought it could be useful :pir-tongue:

The beggining, 1st try:

Starting hull and stuff inside gun decks

Realized of the flaws of early desing, started from scratch:

Comparing both designs

Update on hull

View of the upper deck

Comparing both designs, on a more advanced stage

Again, I had to start from the beggining, this time for good!

This one is a little larger

Learning lots of stuff from my mistakes, starting upper decks

The beggining of that huge stern

More progress on decks and stern

My 4195 QAR I finished that day..alongsie with my precious Renegade Runner :D

Details on stern

A more completed stern, starting the roofings

Some more details, and progres on all the ship

Details are what takes more time, no lie

Figure on the bow, kind of clunky and not very good looking, gotta fix that hehe

Details details... more details

Image I used to base details on decks

Last details on decks, here and there

Almost there..

Guess it's done... :D

Furniture I plan to use inside rooms

Final post show my fleet, I know, something out of topic, but I had to ^ ^

Edited by Yawgmoth

Well, it is slowly taking form...added the extended mode for LDD, and replaced all crappy custom things for the original ones..reoriented some things.. and.. still trying to desing something cool for the bow..dunno what yet..hope anyone could give me any advice :P suppose i should be doing lots of mistakes xD

theres still lots of work left, but there i go..it have been an extremely nice and fun learning, and it would be twice that ammount when i finally decide to build it on real life :)

LDDScreenShot8.png

LDDScreenShot9.png

LDDScreenShot10.png

LDDScreenShot11.png

LDDScreenShot12.png

LDDScreenShot13.png

LDDScreenShot14.png

happy holidays to everyone

hey, though i count myself also to that kind of rusty beginners as you did yourself, i allow myself to say that this already looks quite good. since your kind of ship is going to be rather big in comparison to standard lego ship sets, there should be enough place for doing some more sloping stuff. you could start with bringing the canons in different hight positions, this is quite easy, takes not many hard to get pieces and looks very good. you can see which good effect it has when looking at the "Spanish Sloop of War" from Sebeus Iniwum for instance. just google for pics, there are some in this forum, on brickshelf and on mocpages. and merry christmas and push on the good project =)

hey, though i count myself also to that kind of rusty beginners as you did yourself, i allow myself to say that this already looks quite good. since your kind of ship is going to be rather big in comparison to standard lego ship sets, there should be enough place for doing some more sloping stuff. you could start with bringing the canons in different hight positions, this is quite easy, takes not many hard to get pieces and looks very good. you can see which good effect it has when looking at the "Spanish Sloop of War" from Sebeus Iniwum for instance. just google for pics, there are some in this forum, on brickshelf and on mocpages. and merry christmas and push on the good project =)

Thanks for ur advice, it is well received, and...well i did started with the "curving" thing, and ohh god.. it was so much trouble to disarm and start redesigning that i decided to just start from scrach, at least i gained little exp on the last attemp, so this time i started designing a much wider and higher ship, and hopefully a more accurate one, since the last one was kind of.. childish :P ... i couldnt help to do it, never had so many pieces to build whatever i wanted hehhe.

anyway, heres some screenshots:

LDDScreenShot15.png

LDDScreenShot16.png

LDDScreenShot17.png

LDDScreenShot18.png

LDDScreenShot19.png

Btw, if u can note on the 1st SS, i was starting to add some extra details on the front, but i couldnt place the chains, they just refused to be manipulated :P dunno how to do it, still looking how hehe

slowly rising from the dept of the seas,...hehe, another update

LDDScreenShot24.png

LDDScreenShot25.png

LDDScreenShot26.png

LDDScreenShot27.png

LDDScreenShot28.png

LDDScreenShot29.png

LDDScreenShot30.png

LDDScreenShot31.png

LDDScreenShot32.png

Cant wait to start that huge stern QAR has :D

Last update of the day.. just realized i did it a little to wide or tall, maybe both, so i lost some proportions by being not large enough..but will b something to fix for tomorrow..suppose with just 1 middle hull piece would suffice..

anyway, the pics:

LDDScreenShot33.png

LDDScreenShot34.png

LDDScreenShot35.png

also, LDD is starting to get slow..maybe i should be deleting my former ship..also a task for tomorrow.. :P

Well, it turned out to be more work than i thought.. but it doesnt matter, i fixed lots of thing from the former design, this one is looking good :)

LDDScreenShot36.png

LDDScreenShot37.png

LDDScreenShot38.png

LDDScreenShot39.png

opinions?

hey, this is going to be very nice and evil looking just as an evil pirate vessel. cant wait to see more. dont worry of parts. you can order loads quite cheap on bricklink.com

Well, heres another little update, had some issues thinking how the stern would be, got some designs in paper, and well... finally i have an idea of how this could be done :P

the pics:

LDDScreenShot40.png

LDDScreenShot41.png

LDDScreenShot42.png

LDDScreenShot43.png

LDDScreenShot44.png

LDDScreenShot45.png

thanks for ur comments, it encourages me even more to do everything in my skill to try and make a nice and accurate ship :)

btw, got lots of images to see deatils of the deck, upper parts, and well, almost everything, but i made the colors based on this specific image:

Elvenganzacoloresoriginales3.jpg

and this mostly Elvenganzacoloresoriginales7.jpg

some stuff i admit i do it as i desire to, some others i try very hard to be done as the original design,..overall, guess this time is going well.. but i'd always love any feedback :)

Happy new year :D

Another update, making some details on the stern, and well.. finishing :P

LDDScreenShot46.png

LDDScreenShot47.png

LDDScreenShot48.png

feedback is always welcome :)

thanks for the comments, i really appreciate em, makes it even funnier to keep on with the project :)

and well, today's update its only for details i have been adding, as i figure out how to continue with the cap's cabin :P, got certain idea of how to do some parts, but its gonna take some brain to do it without losing proportions..

anyway, here the pics..

wide view of the ship:

LDDScreenShot49.png

found some cables that can be bended for some deailts on the bow.. its not that easy as it'd be in real life, and it was taking more time than i expected, so i didnt spent more time on it, gotta do a review of it later when i enter the final steps of the building.

LDDScreenShot50.png

added some more details on decks, as the double gold line, that QAR has, well.. at least in some pics like this one:

OriginalDetalles16.jpg

so i tryied to emulate it,.. hope i can do it on all the ship contours

LDDScreenShot51.png

this is some idea i had to set the anchors, 1 on each side of the ship, while the chains are inside, the top of the mechanism is on the upper decks ...but it was difficult to bend enough the chains, so i decided to show it here, even tho it isnt installed in the actual ship yet.. but u get the idea..

LDDScreenShot52.png

some more details for the stairs to the lower decks

LDDScreenShot53.png

details details

LDDScreenShot54.png

and this.. i know the original doesnt have it, but i like d it,.. adds some personal touch :P

LDDScreenShot55.png

.. one more pic to show the sides :

LDDScreenShot56.png

so thats about it, hehe, hope i can finish it by the end of the next week :)

Edited by Yawgmoth

thats the idea :)

still im searching a place for it, im afraid my room is to small for it XD

That, if really built, would be the COOLEST PIRATE SHIP EVER

You have really got some great things on that design, but if you build it, go for a deep red instead of the bright stuff, but you probably already thought of that. I can't wait to see what you do for the cabin!

thats the idea :)

still im searching a place for it, im afraid my room is to small for it XD

I know the feeling. :pir-hmpf_bad:

go for a deep red instead of the bright stuff, but you probably already thought of that. I can't wait to see what you do for the cabin!

That's the only thing I can say. :pir-sweet:

That, if really built, would be the COOLEST PIRATE SHIP EVER

You have really got some great things on that design, but if you build it, go for a deep red instead of the bright stuff, but you probably already thought of that. I can't wait to see what you do for the cabin!

dark red would be the definitive choice, but i dont know if all the pieces that i used for it really exist on that colour :P .. hehe.. btw.. yesterday i finally built my 4195 QAR, and learnt a thing or too, mostly on color scheme, and varying it, .. also, almost all bricks fromt the set are in dark color version..like dark gray.. dark brown, dark red.. and it looks really nice like that... i'd be trying to change it on my desing :P

heres 1 pic of QAR

IMG_13101.jpg

Yep. I have that set, the QAR. It's nice, but the lack of a lower deck is really sad. Why can't LEGO make ships that are at least half at the scale and have more than one deck? WHY? The only set that does have a second deck is the Imperial Frigate, but why they gave that set only four cannons and such bright colors is a mystery.

Oh, LOL I just figured something out. You're building my ship! I'm Blackbeard! Make sure the cabin is luxurious and ornate! :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Captain Blackbeard

hehe, i mostly like it all :P ... but theres one or two things that annoys me, 1st, theres no way to climb from the lower decks... or the main and only decks hehe, to the cap's cabin.. nor to the upper part where the steering wheel is,..also,.. why only 3 cannons? .. come on! 4 is the number for a ship of this size!.. and lastly.. why do they put a chef minifig instead of scrum? .. hehe, but overall i like the set,.. that why i bought it :P

Aye, it's a good thing I had a cannon from a small Pirates set that I used. Normally, when the QAR is just sitting on the marble countertop cupboard that is it's resting area, the cannons are on alternating sides of the ship. Cannon 1=portside cannon 2=starboard and so on.

I also got Scrum from White Cap Bay, along with rowboats, but what I really need is;

1 more hull piece

More sails

Some stairs

A lot of brown and black platforms

more bones

more red and brown bricks

more porthole flaps

more CANNONS XD

More crew members

Then I could expand the QAR and make it more to scale,

Just use your imagination that there are more cannons. :pir-tongue: It looks like a lot of people will be having QAR projects, since I plan on making mine like the historical QAR, which I have the blueprints for.

That last one is with the Redbeard Runner, correct? Wow, really shows how mighty the QAR is.