Here is my work in progress entry for tc6. I just want to start by saying that I have recently resurrected my old technic collection and looking to get back into the hobby. I saw this contest, so ordered up some pf parts, and the fun began. All my sets are the old studded sets, so I hope this does not hurt my chances! Back when I did MOCs (20 years ago) similar models to this were my favorite, but I was never able to motorized till now!

16189265409_28cf6e6f47_z.jpg

16375486615_fefecd03e7_z.jpg

16373762491_77bde01a86_z.jpg

Functions:

- 1 Servo Motor: Steering

- 1 Large Motor: Rear Wheels

- 1 Medium Motor: Dump Bed (small LA)

- 1 Medium Motor: Switch Headlights On/Off (a wimpy function, but my kids love it)

- 2 IR receivers as I do not have an s-brick.

Other Features

- Limited slip rear differential

- Live rear axle suspension

- Perpendicular front axle with steering

- Steering wheel turns with servo motor

- Hopefully more to come!

Looking to add some doors, but not sure how to best do this using my old parts, which I am almost out of. Any suggestions on this would be welcome. Also, please share any improvements and or features I should add, as comments are welcome, especially since I have not done a MOC in many years so my techniques are probably out of date.

Edited by lindr6

Nice placement of the battery box! Also could we see some more pictures of the tipping bed? It is awesome that you managed to pack all of those functions in there as well. Great work!

Do you have any other tires and wheels? Maybe some bigger?

I would widen the body of the truck by at least 2 studs, maybe even four. It would still look good, as your tires are sticking out pretty much.

that way you can get more room inside for more details, functions...

Dont worry about using old technic bricks, you can make great and strong models out if it. Best thing you can do is to combine old studded and new studless parts!

Thanks for the comments!

Nice placement of the battery box! Also could we see some more pictures of the tipping bed? It is awesome that you managed to pack all of those functions in there as well. Great work!

Here is a pic with the bed tipped:

16376214581_c391f1a7f4_z.jpg

Do you have any other tires and wheels? Maybe some bigger?

I would widen the body of the truck by at least 2 studs, maybe even four. It would still look good, as your tires are sticking out pretty much.

These are the biggest tires and wheels I have. The wheels just stick out a half stud past the body, which I think looks good. I played around making it a little wider at first, but was not happy with the look.

A good example of what's still possible with that old stuff (plus some additions). Really clever use of the battery box as a bonnet (too bad they don't come in black).

I'd leave the width as it is, it looks realistic. My only suggestion is to add a somewhat more sticking out bumper to the front so it doesn't look so flat anymore.

HI I came out of the closet today too.. :)

-Been playing with LEGO for 5 yrs now, after a break of 20 yrs..

Nice comeback, building that pick up!

Redesigned the front to include a bumper and added some doors. Not so sure about the doors yet, but still a work in progress.

16379483896_8c1575f697_z.jpg

16405465495_ddc6b52cef_z.jpg

Here is the final version of the truck, all ready for the contest. Special thanks to the Lego technic police guy for his help in filming the video.

16288072050_04eb1b6371_z.jpg

16473776591_e0a5b54d6f_z.jpg

16473762101_a1977c3a4b_z.jpg

15855409163_8bb4fe24cf_z.jpg

16449492266_70550a1cef_z.jpg

If I had an sbrick, here are some pictures of what the MOC would look like. If my calculations are correct, I should be able to fit the sbrick and wires right behind the front bumper under the battery box. This would also allow the removal of the IR receivers in order to free up a lot more room in the cab. Technic Police Guy now has enough room for his head and can now drive his truck... if only I had an sbrick!

16332346909_b5c91bea64_z.jpg

16330902548_e58fd4ebf5_z.jpg

16492617736_c32fc24024_z.jpg

Do you have instructions?

Hi,

Please don't ask for instructions each time you see a MOC!

You will notice when instructions are available. Instead of asking for instruction; add something to the conversation. For example; what you like or dislike about a MOC.