Sign in to follow this  
Wally

Hi everyone!

Hi all,

I'm Wally (Walter) from the Netherlands. I've just decided to come out of my 'dark ages', allthough I have been watching the stuff that goes on on Eurobricks for years allready, as a secret silent guest. :wink:

Grew up with lego in the 90's (born '86) with mostly Space, Pirates and City, and went into the dark age at the end of that decade, because it wasn't 'cool' to play with Lego at that age but also because Lego decided to juniorize most of their stuff around that time. Glad those days are over.

First set I bought recently is Santa's Workshop and I gotta say I'm amazed by all the shades of brown haha. There's like regular brown, very dark brown, tan, dark tan, clay brown, dark orange (I think), some weird peach colour for the ground floors, you name it. :laugh: I'm currently tryining to finish up an alternate build for that set so hopefully you'll see that coming up soon :)

See you around!

Wally

Welcome to Eurobricks!

You're absolutely right, there is a certain "shades of brown" madness. But it does not end with 10 or so shades of brown.

Beware of the variations of green and of blue!

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

Beware of the variations of green and of blue!

Yeah when I first saw pictures of the Detective's Office I thought 'wait, there's 2 shades of light blue now??' And I'm guessing neither of them is the Maersk blue. :laugh: