Sign in to follow this  
Axle

Lara Croft!

The backround behind this decal: To begin with, at about the start of January I went to the nearest Lego shop looking for new sets. Of course, my efforts were futile. :tongue: I got 3 small sets and my brother got the new Tomb Raider game. I saw Juno Eclipse in the Star Wars: Force Unleashed set and thought that she might make a good agent or something like that.

About last weekend I saw the game being played and thought the Juno Eclipse body could be edited to look like hers!

I looked on eurobricks and saw (Credit to) ImperialShadow's Eclipse body remake. IN the end here is what "She" turned out like.

lc.png

And the reference picture:

lc10422.png

I hope you think they look alike and I will have the printed version up tonight.

Well, not tonight, for those of you who saw my version of Bender's head should know I probably wont get pictures up soon. But if my camera works then yes.

Thanks for looking!

*Richard Nixon singing "It's a long way to Tipperary".*

Great Lara design, Axle :wub: .

But I fear it seems more a Tomb Raider T-shirt than a MF torso: the 'void' (dark-grey) space on the sides it a bit too big, imo. It gives the idea of a Lara Croft body printed on a shirt or something that is worn by the MF. Even more so since the lower torso in the design is narrower than a MF's hips.

Again, I like the design, but you may need to work a little more on the proportions :wink: . Even if it means making Lara look less slim (there a reason why Ahsoka, so slim in the movie, doesn't look as good in MF format :oh3: ).

LuxorV

Well, you're taking on quite a challenge here, but at least you won't get tired of looking at the source material. :wink:

As LuxorV has stated, LEGO figures are wide. Lara is long and sleek and close to having one of those Barbie-type impossible figures. Finding a satisfactory LEGO representation will be a serious trick.

The real proportion problem will be neck to cleavage to waist. I just tried a quick one based on my old halter top. Some mentioned that it reminded them of Lara at the time, but I had to signifigantly raise her breastline to even come close, and it wasn't going well.

It's funny, there just isn't enough of her to satisfy LEGO width and too much for LEGO length.

What do you do in that case? Fake it! Aim for something that captures the spirit and general form of the subject, especially giving extra attention to any details you can fit in, and just wing it for the rest.

She's aging well, though. :sweet:

Good luck, and good to see you back at the customizing game! :thumbup:

It was your decal originaly, ImperialShadows :tongue: .

Well, to suit Minifig Proportions I'll try to make the hips go wider first to suit the leg size.

*Wait exactly 3 minutes*

Here is a (Slightly Unnatural) version to better suit legs.

2.png

This is just temporary. I realise must make the body wider so it is not..... weird like the one above.

On a side note, what did everyone think of the face?

Since, as you said, that pic is just a WIP, I'll only say good work! :classic:

As for the face, I quite like it, but I think you should widen the eyes a bit, to match the pic (maybe just use a Dark Flesh tone to render a slight make-up, and acheive the goal). I always think of Lara as a bit oriental in her features :wink:

LuxorV

It was your decal originaly, ImperialShadows :tongue: .

Right! Let's go from there.

imp_juno_eclipse.png

What you're doing is cutting out everything beyond the middle seams, which is making your figure way too narrow.

You need to keep in mind that in order to do something thinner, you still have to meet certain points along the side.

A better way to explain is just to provide an example.

halter2_brn_fle.png

In this case, the breasts would need to be raised somewhat, but you get the idea.

On a side note, what did everyone think of the face?

I like it. :thumbup: