Trexxen

Lego Rock Band...Confirmed!

(Source: Kotaku and Harmonix's Dan Teasdale)

Dan Teasdale, Lead Developer at Harmonix (the company behind the Rock Band series), has let the cat out of the bag. In this post by Kotaku, which sources Dan's notes for the GDC (Game Developer's Conference), a slide (one that is actually in the notes, you can check for yourself if you'd like) shows a list of Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, including soon-to-be-released games. The Guitar Hero side shows nothing of note, but the blue Rock Band section has three unannounced games. "PSP" is the PSP version called Rock Band: Unplugged, while Beatles is just that - a game about The Beatles. The one in the middle, though, is the most intriguing - it simply says "Lego".

Take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure this confirms it. =D

~Trexxen

(PS: Here's a link to the entire thing. If you're into game design it's an interesting read, otherwise just skip to slides 68 and 69: Get the PDF here!)

Oh my gosh! I would totally buy it! Please be real! Guitar Hero+Lego=Pure Awesomeness! :cry_happy:

I'm sure it will only be a 'create your own lego minifig rocker so it looks like your player!" kind of thing. I dont what else it could be.

it'll probably be an expansion pack of stuff like customized characters and graphics

How can they possibly do it? They have nothing in common. You can't build anything. :wacko: Unless, of course, you're required to build your own guitar first...

I don't know whether to be intrigued or not. They seem so incompatible. What's next? Dance Dance Revolution, Megabloks edition?

Oh tell me this is a joke, and i thought nothing could top the joke that was/is echo chrome, this takes the cake.

What on earth would you do, I'm guessing its not a TTgames, they have all been building and breaking things.

I don't know what is worse, lego in a guitar game, or a 50 billionth guitar game.

Oh tell me this is a joke, and i thought nothing could top the joke that was/is echo chrome, this takes the cake.

Meh, I'm not believing it until I see a real trailer. After that, of course, I'll simply ignore it/pretend it never existed and go back to my Lego SW, Lego IJ, and Lego Batman. :wink:

Just found this; further confirmation, though this time it's from Limp Bizkit. I think the guy in red's something like their lead singer, so I suppose it's reliable.

Click meh!

~Trexxen (Aww...I might have to rethink buying it...=P)

Just found this; further confirmation, though this time it's from Limp Bizkit. I think the guy in red's something like their lead singer, so I suppose it's reliable.

Click meh!

~Trexxen (Aww...I might have to rethink buying it...=P)

Its a little hard to read that link Trexxen. :hmpf_bad:

I still don't know what to think of this. If its real, it seems like a weird combination. If its not, who thought it up in the first place?

Sorry, I got a new monitor recently so I still haven't gotten used to some of the changes. =P Here's a transcript of the two only important lines:

Durst: [Limp Bizkit] is coming on rock band

Durst: and lego rock band

=D

~Trexxen

Oh my gosh! I would totally buy it! Please be real! Guitar Hero+Lego=Pure Awesomeness! :cry_happy:

That would be awsome!

It's coming out later this year.

legorockband.jpg

If you've worried about your youngsters being exposed to the evils of rock music, worry no longer: LEGO Rock Band is coming this holiday season on PS3, 360, Wii and DS to deliver us all from said evil. The game, currently being developed by TT Games and Harmonix, will use all the existing Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals.

The family-focused version of the game will allow you to customize your "minifigure avatars" along with your road crew and managers. The kid-friendly song list hasn't been fully disclosed, but we know it'll include:

* Blur: "Song 2"

* Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"

* Europe: "The Final Countdown"

* Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"

* Pink: "So What"

(Source)

Edited by liquidcross

*sigh* I was hoping this was just a false rumor, but it looks like it really is happening. I'm afraid this really is one step too far for me. :thumbdown:

I really don't mind the game... as long as Lego will develop actual sets for it. I don't mind 1 or 2 rock band sets, with the amps and the guitars... we need more instruments.

Man...that's...interesting. I wonder if they'll sell a Lego "guitar" controller to go with it. As well as drums. BUt wow... this is weird.

I'm not quite sure what these products mean (as far as Lego is concerned), but I think TLC is over-extending again. Meaning, the company is venturing out into uncharted territories... I don't want to speculate on TLC's reason for doing so. I wish the company concentrates on the 'brick.' There are still a lot of sets to be made!

See i knew it would be lame, all it is, is rock band with lego characters.

I'm getting concerned about TTgames, seems Warner is eager to churn out loads of games and i have a feeling this will end up like all EA games.

I mean, lego Indi 2 for ds, I'm guessing Harry Potter will also be TTgames, and now this, 3 games in 12 months, that's pushing it.

Interesting. I am more of a guitar hero fan, but Lego rock band, thats awsome. I am going to get this when it comes out.

LegoKing

I'm not quite sure what these products mean (as far as Lego is concerned), but I think TLC is over-extending again. Meaning, the company is venturing out into uncharted territories... I don't want to speculate on TLC's reason for doing so. I wish the company concentrates on the 'brick.' There are still a lot of sets to be made!

I doubt that. This is simply LEGO lending their image. It's the smart way to do what they tried to do before. That way, if it fails, it doesn't affect TLC's bottom line. Take Legoland, for instance. Not even owned by TLC, but as a side venture, it kicks back about $100,000 in product sales a day to TLC. Everyone worries too much about LEGO's business model. They learned from the past, and adapted. They realize to remain a viable competitor they'll need to explore other markets, but they'll do it with other companies capital. Which is the smartest way for them to do it.

I like Rock Band and all, but I honestly dont think a "LEGO" Rock Band will be that much different. Sure, the characters are LEGO, and the songs are kid-friendly, but still.

Anyway, the only reason I would get this is to play The Final Countdown. Awesome song, :D

Wow. Looks like this crap is actually happening. :tongue: I'm not very excited about this game, but I'll be optimistic about it, seeing as it is the first one to be brave enough to strive away from all the games based on licensed Lego themes (or any existing Lego theme for that matter). It should be fun seeing some of the rock celebs in minifig form. :laugh:

And who knows, maybe a cool Lego theme will come from this. :sweet:

We'll see.

TT announced a new LEGO-Game: Rock-Band.

It will be released in holiday 2009:

legorockband.jpg

~source~

€dit: I just saw we have already a topic, can someone move this into this topic!

'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

Upon seeing this I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry about it. :sceptic:

I wonder what's next? LEGO High School Musical? :oh3:

Edited by Stealth Hunter