M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] AT-RT (Moodland Scale)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

If you're on Flickr, you've seen this as a WIP on up to the finished moc. If you're not, then thank God, cuz this was a real struggle to get to look just right! I took my favorite parts from the ROTS version and the CW version and combined them, leaning more toward the movie version:

atrt1.jpg

As far as I know, no one has built a Miniland-scale AT-RT. The biggest challenges were the legs and feet. The scale of the AT-RT has always been debated, but I think I came pretty close for this scale.

atrt2.jpg

212th Battallion color scheme:

atrt3.jpg

501st Legion color scheme:

atrt4.jpg

"How am I supposed to get on that thing?!" A size comparison.

atrt5.jpg

Great! Really cool to see a vehicle matching your moodland scale figures ''M<0><0<DSWIM''! :thumbup:

I can't sport any missing details, but there is one thing that is bothering me somewhat; the legs. Shouldn't they be a little more narrow? Or is it just me?

Anyway, awesome work, I would love to see more vehicles in this scale. :classic:

Mind blowing stuff again from you 'Mood', AWESOME AT-RT's to go with your figures.....hate to see an X-wing in Mood-Land scale ? :laugh:

May the Eurobrick be with you again 'Mood' and keep the AWESOMENESS coming ! :wink:

This is stunning! And I thought Moodland Scale couldn't get any better. I hope you've got some more vehicles in the works!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This looks awesome, Mood. :drool: You nailed the 'head'.

The only thing I don't really like is the way the legs are angled, but that's probably a balance issue.

Wow so your making vehicles now eh?

How about a Millenium Falcon, got that "in the works" :wink::laugh:

I jest, this is a wonderful job; love how you showed us the different color schemes.

Awesome! A whole new direction to your scale. How about making an X-Wing next? :tongue:

Uuuuummmmm....no. Although a great builder named Lino M made a miniland-scale IG2000 over on Flickr which totally blew my mind. You should check it out.

My link

This is stunning! And I thought Moodland Scale couldn't get any better. I hope you've got some more vehicles in the works!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog! :sweet: I actually built and posted a Speederbike with Scout Trooper at this scale first:

My link

This looks awesome, Mood. :drool: You nailed the 'head'.

The only thing I don't really like is the way the legs are angled, but that's probably a balance issue.

Thanks, Doc! Balancing this thing was the BIGGEST challenge ever! :angry: I was determined not to have to use any stands, props, etc to make this stand up. So, yeah, it's posed like that because it would fall over any other way. :laugh:

Wow I love where your taking this Moodland scale Mood. It looks like a nice scale to get good detailing into, as smaller MOC's make accurite detailing very hard at times. Can wait to see waht else youve got in the works.

Excellent work! The scale looks perfect to me!

To everyone saying "build this, build that" I suggest they try building themselves a moodland scale fig. Then they'll realise the true scale of these figures and how many bricks it would take to build vehicles for them.

Again, great build as ever :)

Kaitan

I don't have much to add to what has already been said M<0><0<DSWIM, so just read everyones again and pretend I'm saying them :wink:.

Oh and it's the 501st Legion not Battalian :laugh:.

Excellent work! The scale looks perfect to me!

To everyone saying "build this, build that" I suggest they try building themselves a moodland scale fig. Then they'll realise the true scale of these figures and how many bricks it would take to build vehicles for them.

Again, great build as ever :)

Kaitan

Thanks for the comment, Kaitan! You're right about the size and parts count. Just to build a basic fig at this scale takes roughly 115 pieces. I'm sure the walker is an additional 200-300, so anything larger than a personal vehicle would be in the 1000's. I don't have the time, parts, or patience to build anything that huge! :laugh:

Wow I love where your taking this Moodland scale Mood. It looks like a nice scale to get good detailing into, as smaller MOC's make accurite detailing very hard at times. Can wait to see waht else youve got in the works.

Thanks! One thing I'm always trying to do is challenge myself with each build and this WAS a big challenge! :classic: You're right about this scale presenting the opportunity to show more detail. I'm a slave to the details! :wink:

I don't have much to add to what has already been said M<0><0<DSWIM, so just read everyones again and pretend I'm saying them :wink:.

Oh and it's the 501st Legion not Battalian :laugh:.

So, just cut and paste comment here? :tongue: Thanks for the correction. I forgot that one's called a battallion and the other a legion. I fixed it. :sweet:

Awesome AT-RT MOODSWIM. The AT-RT and the fig both look amazing. I really hope you come out with more MOOD Land scale vehicles. I think the AT-RT seems a little big, but you have fit so many great details. I'd love to see a picture w/ all three of them together.

Great job :thumbup:

Awesome AT-RT MOODSWIM. The AT-RT and the fig both look amazing. I really hope you come out with more MOOD Land scale vehicles. I think the AT-RT seems a little big, but you have fit so many great details. I'd love to see a picture w/ all three of them together.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks, man! Figuring out the proper size of the walker in comparison to the figure was a tough decision. Oh, and, actually, there aren't 3 different walkers, just one that I switched different colored parts on. :wink:

Very nice! Moodland creations are always very inspiring!